For Honor

Discussion in 'Games' started by MilkCalf, Feb 14, 2017.

?

Who do you pledge your allagiance to? What faction you (plan to) most play as? Stance on honor?

1. Question 1: For the Knights!

23.8%
  2. For the Vikings!

23.8%
  3. For the Samurai!

42.9%
  4. Question 2: As a knight

38.1%
  5. As a viking

14.3%
  6. As a samurai

33.3%
  7. Question 3: For honor!

81.0%
  8. No honor, only victory!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I still use throws, but only to knock people against walls to make them stumble. There's no need to be ashamed over an accidental ledge throw. Funny story, I was dueling this crusader on the narrow rope bridge and we both just ran straight into each other and he accidentally caused me to fall of. I lolled to it and used the 'Wow' quick command and he said that he was sorry. I hope I could have said 'No problem'. I think I was Orochi then.

BloodyFingers likes this.
  2. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Yeah. I do too, especially when the enemy is out of stamina so they'll stumble and fall, giving me a free heavy hit it. But Vikings, especially the raider and warlord, can throw people very far.

I ran past a friend of mine and bumped into him during a Brawl, shifting him towards a pile of flaming rubble burning right next to him. He blamed me for his death. :rofl:
    incidentally he was also playing as Orochi then... huh...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    MilkCalf likes this.
  3. BloodyFingers

4H servers are down... :c

4. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

The tossing into geysers, is not too bad, letting it happen to you doesn't instantly punish you with a loss but everything else... You just can't trust anyone with location, whether they play honorably or make a living off of spamming them..

MilkCalf likes this.
  5. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Usually you can tell after one round if they are honorable or not. Some people are scared of revenge scumming too. Also a geyser is an instakill if it activates while you are on top of it.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  6. HunterC1998

........Glad that never happened then....Jeez..

MilkCalf likes this.
  7. BloodyFingers

good job I gave the blasted things a wide berth, then. o_O

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  8. HunterC1998

Makes me think of that poor dodo from Ice Age..

BloodyFingers and MilkCalf like this.
  9. BloodyFingers

I kinda want to try positioning a bot on top of one now. Just to see how it goes. :rofl:

Well, shit. The R1 shoulder button of my xbox controller is faulty... That means I can't reliably use light attacks. I either spend more money on a new controller or I retrain myself for using the M&KB.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  10. MS_NorthEastern

MS_NorthEastern Orbital Explorer

I would suggest getting a new controller

In my experience the best way to deal with an attempted guard break/throw is to hit them with a light and begin a combo.

It can be very helpful when in a stalemate situation

MilkCalf likes this.
  11. BloodyFingers

I finally got my Warden to Reputation level 1. I am rather liking his playstyle now.

I still prefer the raider though.

And attacking a would-be guard breaker is ideal, yes. But you need lightning quick reflexes to respond to a guardbreak like that. :eek:
    I only ever managed to do that by chance. As in "I was attacking them anyway".

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    MilkCalf likes this.
  12. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I haven't watched the video and I can't know how much you know but this guy really knows how to play Warden.

BloodyFingers likes this.
  13. BloodyFingers

I still enjoy the raider more, especially after I've kitted him with gear that speeds his revenge bar gain by blocking. "He's from the internet. He gets triggered easily" I began to say. :rofl:

I don't revenge scum, but it is useful when people gang on me. I managed to defeat three bots once just by blocking and getting back at them with revenge.

MilkCalf likes this.
  14. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I aprove this joke!
    While it's true that revenge can give you an advantage, it's there to be used if you are at a disadvantage. If you are able to kill a better player with it then they can't be that good if they can't foresee you using it and/or give you free blocks.
    Revenge is far less scummy than 2v1:ing or full health ledge kills.

15. BloodyFingers

Actually, it is fairly simple to deal with players in revenge. You can't interrupt their attacks, which deal more damage, their throws are guaranteed knockdowns even with full stamina, they get a shield for their health and their stamina doesn't deplete, which means players will often abandon all care and go on all-out attacks. But parry and guard break still does the trick so you can manhandle them until they calm the heck down.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    MilkCalf likes this.
  16. BloodyFingers

*sigh* Vikings are winning this first season...

17. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Vaer sá gōd

It all started when they entered our lands and we rallied our clans. Now no plan can stop the Northern Fury under our command.

18. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

You do know that Knights where there too? And that Samurai only want some goddamned peace and quiet... And not to die to a natural disaster like the rest of their people of course.

Dipdoo likes this.
  19. BloodyFingers

what are you on about? The very beginning of the game shows that it was OUR (the knights) lands that were torn apart and invaded by you vikings and Samurai?

Dipdoo and MilkCalf like this.
  20. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

'Tis a cyclical beast, the matter of murdering each other's people. Next stop, your neighbor.

MilkCalf likes this.