1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Flying

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Rigz, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Rigz

Rigz Lucky Number 13

Is there any way to fly in 1.0 lol?

2. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

Nope, but there are mods that make the tech not suck again and some like the Dash mod removes the cooldown and lets you use it in the air. Makes it work like the old one.

MAZ01001 and Rigz like this.
  3. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Nope. Despite what you would think with progression, mobility options are in fact more limited than before for the most part.
    But there are, of course, mods for that. Or at least will be.

4. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

If I could possibly not suck with modding I am working on a mod to bring the old techs back into the game and restore their values to what they were before 1.0

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

With all of the tech and everything that we have in-game... spaceships, hovercars, etc... I don't understand why we don't have some sort of vehicle that can hover/fly/etc (when I say hover I mean more than 2 inches off the ground). They give us hoverbikes, in a game where there are mountains every other screen which makes said bikes almost useless because you can go a whole screenlength before you gotta pack up your bike, scale the ridiculously huge mountain and then pull out your bike again.

Honestly, I think a flying car would have been a lot more appropriate and actually useful, something like the neutrino cars from the 1987 TMNT series or something like that, something that had the ability to fly somewhat like a helicopter, only a little faster.

STCW262, DraikNova, Kilowolf and 2 others like this.
  6. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

We have mods including flying vehicles but well... i feel kinda overpowered having these even paying fortune for those with easy farmed money

7. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

A spear with the rocket spear special and a low gravity augment allows you to fly pretty effectively, especially with the 4x jump tech to get you a bit of starting momentum.

8. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

tried it, i cant control it
    or maybe i just can't find good enough spears... never gets higher than a 2 level house

9. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Basically, keep your spear pointed almost vertically, and only adjust the angle slightly; with large enough energy, you can slowly build up an impressive amount of horizontal speed. It isn't very precise, but if you have the multi-jump tech, you can regain some of your energy while you jump and readjust your direction more easily.

10. MarcPlaysGames

MarcPlaysGames Yeah, You!

i know one way you need
    1.drill spear or rocket spear(im not to sure about the rocket spear)
    2.go to a planet without gravity and i think you know what im going to say
    3.use the right click on the mouse so the drill will start working then aim up and you should start floating
    4.if you want to fly forever be in admin mode in a no atmosphere planet or anywhere with space (lunar,asteroids,or just in space)

11. MarcPlaysGames

MarcPlaysGames Yeah, You!

sorry if it looks like i stole your idea i did not see your comment

12. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

It's unfortunate that there is no method of flight that would make building easier.