1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Floran Village

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Artinnio, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Artinnio

Artinnio Guest

Okay, so I've been searching through jungle planets for a while now and I can't find any with a Floran village on it, I've found the hunting grounds and the Floran prison, but no village... Do they still spawn on jungle planets? If not, is there a way to make them spawn?

2. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe they spawn on Jungle planet's and higher, i've had a little more luck on Alien planet's, and no, there isn't a way to make them spawn.

3. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

keep searching is the only way to "make" them spawn, as it is part of rng procedural generation algorithm. They should be on one eventually, so maybe you haven't searched enough planets? I haven't found any of those yet either, but I have not been to many jungle planets as of yet. I also haven't found the prison, and only have seen the hunting grounds pop up twice so far....

4. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

I find they have a higher chance of spawning on frozen planets.
    It doesn't make sense to me, but I just lore it to be some sort of trial by ice for Florans who come of age.

5. Artinnio

Artinnio Guest

Is it possible to check the code to see if they still spawn on jungle planets?

6. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

@Artinnio
    Forest, desert, savanna, and snow...

Well that is the ones it is listed under. They are not in jungle, and I don't know why that is... Confused on that one. This is going from the current stable 668 build though.

That is for the villages.

7. Artinnio

Artinnio Guest

That's odd, why would they be in a snowy biome, but not a jungle, that doesn't even make sense from a lore point of view... Okay, how would I mod it so that the villages spawn in jungles?

8. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

That I can not answer as I have not mess with the new modding format yet... I can read the files in the assets rather well. But not gotten around to converting my own mod.

I do agree that they prolly should show up in jungle. I can sort of understand snowy, since it is like having water nearby; even if in solid form. So it is more from physiology than lore that they would be liable to be on snow planets. Might want to check the modding section out as I know I will have to do the same eventually when I get around to converting my personal mod. I might actually even make a separate one for things like these, but for now I am biding my time for the moment; since the progression is not finished yet...

9. Nindroid9

Nindroid9 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I get the most luck in snowy planets for glitch or floran villages I found one floran house on an arid planet but not a village

10. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

If I am correct and if your playing on stable you should be able to find Floran villages on planets with no planetary hazards. I mostly find them on forest and snowy planets, but like I said before Floran villages and villages in general can only be found on planets without hazards (No radiation, extreme cold, lack of air, nor extreme heat)

11. Lichen

Lichen Big Damn Hero

Man, I literally found many floran villages, the one with huge tree and green light right?

I can say that it is fully randomised

12. ApexJac29

ApexJac29 Space Hobo

here ya go, coordinates to a dungeon. keep heading east, you cant miss it. warning, they will open fire once they see you.

x 993097639 y -301971200

enjoy

13. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

honestly its kinda random. Ive found hylotl towns in deserts and floran villages in volcanic and arctic planets. they probably have a higher chance of spawning in jungle planets, but you might as well try whatever planets are in your current system before moving on (imo)

14. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

It's Avians that frequent jungle planets and mutant planets. I know because I search there all the time for tombs and stuff.