1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Floran tails, because why not? V1.0

Flowery tail for the floran!

1. Petalwatch

Petalwatch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. Viriato

Viriato Aquatic Astronaut

It gives all florans tails not just the player. Can you change it so it gives only the player a tail, and can you make it not just clientsided but also viewable by other palyers

3. flameswilllive

flameswilllive Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you make avian versions of this? Hyotal? Basically any species that actually makes sense to have a tail?

4. Petalwatch

I don't think it's possible for me to make it only affect the player. There's only one floran sprite to alter and npcs are generated from the player sprite afaik. If someone can prove me wrong I'd be happy to change things!

As far as multiplayer... I'm not really sure what to do about that. I don't play multiplayer. I believe everyone involved and/or the server itself needs the mod installed for that to work?[DOUBLEPOST=1437112135][/DOUBLEPOST]
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...tail-because-fishes-have-tails-dont-you.2809/
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/better-avians.2671/ ?

Unless you mean a tail more like the floran one?

5. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

My Floran thaksss you... tail flower looksss pretty....

ok, now I feel like biting on non salad people

6. Petalwatch

Non-salad people are excellent sources of protein!

Corraidhín likes this.
  7. Poc9k

Poc9k Intergalactic Tourist

How Do I Install This?I'm New to Starbound.

8. AngiRyeseed

AngiRyeseed Tentacle Wrangler

Floran tails, because why the hell not?
    Honestly, this makes Florans cuter.

9. Petalwatch

10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I think you need to ask the forum manager to move your mod out of the outdated category, not sure if moderators can handle such a request

11. Kenode

Kenode Void-Bound Voyager

I've liked your mod ever since I found it, the florans look much more exotic with it and it overall feels like it fits just perfectly. Unfortunately, I can't use Detailed Species with this, because both mods replace the body sprite. Do you mind if I do some spritework to merge them so I can use both?

12. Petalwatch

Feel free to edit away!

13. Kenode

Lindazana likes this.
  14. Petalwatch

Looks good! I had something more interesting to say but I forgot.

15. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Silly, picky question. Are these tails physics-enabled, or static?

16. Petalwatch

They move when you walk and such, I added seperate animations for running, swimming, falling, etc. They do clip mighty bad when your floran is sleeping and apply to npc floran (and the mushroom people apparently?) but that's the only major issues I know about so far.

17. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Applying to NPCs is perfectly fine and understandable. Not sure how to fix the sleeping clipping, I'll have to look at the other tailed races/race mods. Thanks for the amazingly quick response!

18. Kenode

I've barely noticed any clipping myself, so it's a minor issue to me. And about the physics, it's actually what I like the most of this mod, the tail wiggles when running!

19. Petalwatch

If there is any fix, do let me know and I'll see if I can fix up the mod. I'm glad the wiggling is appreciated, I thought it would be boring without it!

20. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Alright, I believe I've found the solution to the clipping problem for sleeping. Looking at the races for current and past that have tails that actually move (*gives a sidelong glance at static orcana tails*) I've found they do one of three things. Either they are short enough that they are hidden inside the ground or not very obtrusive when sleeping, the clipping is just ignored and dealt with, or the sleep body position has the tail adjusted.
    example.png
    This is a few of the base body sprite for a certain catty mod here. Notice that the first sprite is the body used for both sleeping, and the most boring of the "personality" body choices when making a character. They folded the tail around so it's still there if standing, but not a clipping issue when sleeping.