REQUEST Flirt pack, anyone?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by azraal, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

@zyymurgy : That is an extensive, wonderful work! And that gives a lot of alternatives and expansion without particularly changing the tone <3

Personally, regarding direction I'm choosing to be specific than general.

So specific characters, under specific topics, under a specific interpretation.
    Of course, that means someone won't agree with my interpretation, so I'll probably make separate mods (if the programming allows) so people can pick parts they want to apply.
    (For instance, what I had in mind is regarding Alex and Emily, and their background.)

• kieronyousef

kieronyousef Poptop Tamer

Hey guys, actually sat down and read through every single post in this thread because I became so super excited by the idea of it all. The only thing I would question is if it would be more like friendly banter when you first met the bachelor/bachelorette other then straight into "Hey, nice ass." (Although I'm sure plenty of people say that to someone when they first meet them).

• Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

I dunno, Alex seems like the kinda guy who would do that after reading some lines about tans and bikinis.

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

I can see this being said BUT refused / rejected with people with not enough hearts myself.

• azraal

azraal Void-Bound Voyager

@Trifoilum : That was actually the way it was handled in baldur's gate flirt pack, there was some pretty fun interactions due to that.

Trifoilum likes this.
            • Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Neat makes me wanna learn C# ( currently learning Ruby) C# is on my long list of coding languages to learn.

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

I think Dragon Age uses something similar too.

• zyymurgy

zyymurgy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Based on the comments in the thread, I'll likely write up some dialogue for rejections of advances, and some heart-level specific type stuff too...

But it all depends on what's possible for @keyten to work with, after all. :3 I'm playing more Stardew and gathering more ideas, getting more hearts with the townsfolk and such, but that's work toward this mod ;)

• Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

I wholly support this mod :D Looking nice!

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

So if it was said, I missed it: This is being developed for SMAPI, right? I saw mention of Storm in one of the earliest posts and just wanted to make sure it wasn't being made for a dead API

• Satashi26

I would love to use my fanfic skills on this if anyone could work with me on how to do it :) I've written almost 50,000 words in my current Stardew fic, I could handle one character at a time. I don't know how, though :(

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

Yay for more writers joining!

...I think we need to wait for the system to be done first, though.

...Or should we write first? *HMM*

• Yoru Hana

Yoru Hana Poptop Tamer

Just a suggestion, but maybe one of the conversation threads for Elliot could be about what it's like the try to make it as a writer when he looks like Fabio; book cover model resemblance plus the whole pretty face must mean empty mind thing? Because that was the first thing I thought of when I saw his portrait, that he looked like Fabio, and I know I'm not the only one. Sort of an elaboration on his two hearts cut-scene? Maybe with different conversation if he's doing the romance novel path over scifi or mystery, if possible?

Avarwen likes this.
                            • Satashi26

I decided to do my own mod since I never got a reply asking about this one :( I'm going to be expanding dialog for every character, which will include flirting like this but no where near it's level. I'm starting 100% from scratch so wish me luck!

• Avarwen

How hard is to add new dialogue I want to try my hand at it.

• Satashi26

Super easy! It's using a command prompt to run a program that unpacks the xnb files to yaml files. Open with notepad ++. Then change it. Save, repack, done.

Only had part is learning the language used to end the dialog, what emotion face to show, ect. I think you could have it down pretty fast. I have about 20 minutes in it so far and can already change something and it work :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s5cEf7NLvJ6iIu6kh1oRGKE-Uw25Aak0xs2S5_MA9to/edit

That is like a bible for me right now. Thanks Alpha_Omegasis!

IronZelly, Trifoilum and Avarwen like this.
                                  • Avarwen

Thanks for the help!!!

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

Good luck! >_<

• ZozZx

ZozZx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any news?

• YendoNintendo

YendoNintendo Space Hobo

This is awesome work