1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed [FIX] GraphicsException: Could not create the Direct3d device

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by denafox, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denafox

denafox Subatomic Cosmonaut

Try to reinstall starbound

2. jhevonivassell

jhevonivassell Space Hobo

im lost can someone make a video on it

3. Bryancf

Bryancf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tried to unninstall and download the game again.. Same problem.. strange thing is that I didn't turned off the PC from yesterday, only closed the game and today it won't open again. Think I'm going to wait the next update to see if it comes with a fix for that.. but thanks anyway. ^^

4. thickbudderstick

thickbudderstick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

does anyone know what is a direct 3d device because I really need it

5. Lygell

Lygell Space Hobo

It's work for me !!!! ultra big thank's of the doom !

6. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Since the majority of you have hardware that doesn't meet the system requirements, I've been completely ignoring this thread. However, a SMALL percentage of you may have hardware that meets the system requirements. I can't tell which is which, because no one posts their goddamned system specs.

If you are running Windows 8, and have a videocard which FULLY MEETS THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS OF THE GAME

ONLY IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS 8.

ONLY IF YOUR VIDEOCARD FULLY MEETS THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS OF THE GAME.

Please try this, substituting your videocard manufacturer's drivers for the ones in the post http://611555.blogspot.com/2013/12/solving-papers-please-opengl-problems.html

7. The_Last_Universe

The_Last_Universe Void-Bound Voyager

can u post a link of the website for the 3danalyzer software, i dont think i'm using the right one.

8. Electrose

Electrose Tentacle Wrangler

Hey I am having the same issue but I don't want to download the program to work-around the problem, my specs are:

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    AMD A6-3600
    Llano 32nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    LENOVO
    Graphics
    DELL E177FP (1280x1024@60Hz)
    2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (ASUStek Computer Inc) <----Used Graphics Card
    Storage
    465GB Seagate ST3500413AS ATA Device (SATA)
    Optical Drives
    DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
    PLDS DVD-RW DH16ABSH ATA Device
    Audio
    NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) (I use a Turtle Beach PX21)

As you can tell I am not running windows 8 @RvLesh but I was running this game for a full week but than it stopped working as soon as I started playing multiplayer for a few minutes with a friend, it came up with multiple errors and now it has come up with this one, I just hope that this is the last problem I will have to get some help to fix.

EDIT:I found a fix for the game, I had not realized that one of the mods I was using changed a base file for the guns and caused the Direct3d problem, it was easy to fix, I just went and deleted the guns folder inside of Starbound/assets/items

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  9. jichanook004

jichanook004 Aquatic Astronaut

How do you use it with 3d analyze?

10. denafox

denafox Subatomic Cosmonaut

After the update, nothing has changed. Fix does not work. And who besides in 3danalizere new bug. Thank you developers!
    http://puu.sh/6yN46.png

11. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

Closing this if it doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.