1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed [FIX] GraphicsException: Could not create the Direct3d device

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by denafox, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cchrist626

cchrist626 Space Hobo

anyone have any help?

2. Xyz_39808

Xyz_39808 Space Hobo

Thanks, this got me past seeing no screen. Now I can focus on the XP problem of staying on the CF screen (but this is progress!)

3. denafox

denafox Subatomic Cosmonaut

Do not start or some error?

4. cchrist626

cchrist626 Space Hobo

Now whenever I use the analyzer program it goes to the Starbound Launcher. Which ends up just giving me the same error as the first post. When I first started using the analyzer it would go straight into the game which made it work fine.

5. denafox

Strange, try to open the launcher is already running, I have no such problem at all.I am so sorry :ะก

6. denafox

Developer, you fix this crash?

7. Sodaxi

Sodaxi Space Hobo

This should be an urgent hotfix... Its stopping a lot of people from actually playing the game -.- I wish you guys fix this in the next patch!

8. Sodaxi

Sodaxi Space Hobo

bump! please fix this guys... this is important!

9. Rosso Fuoco

Rosso Fuoco Void-Bound Voyager

Used this. Now i manage to see the chucklefish logo and listen the starto of the audio. Then, freeze.
    EDIT: IT WORKS! Thanks :3.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  10. Alec5h

Alec5h Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey could the OP reword this or someone else tell me what he means? Yes I understand the OPs English isn't good, but I want to know what this means.

11. Alec5h

Umm am I supposed to check the "emulate HW TnL caps" and then click run? Or am I supposed to check that and then run from Steam?

12. denafox

Well, it turns out. If you started in no steam. Yes, you must run the game in the program 3danalyzer.
    > Umm am I supposed to check the "emulate HW TnL caps" and then click run.
    Yes.

13. Sodaxi

Sodaxi Space Hobo

Too bad they didn't fix the error in THIS update! :( come on Tiy :C :C :C I want to play the game D:

14. Dskylinker

Dskylinker Space Hobo

my video card driver is mobile intel(r) 945 express chipset family, is this method will work in my computer?

15. denafox

Yes.
    > my video card driver is mobile intel(r) 945 express chipset family, is this method will work in my computer?
    I also have this card

16. Alec5h

Okay.. Still having trouble understanding you... when you say "if you started in no steam", do you mean if you started with Steam closed? And I've checked the "emulate HW TnL caps" and clicked run, and nothing happens.

17. Alec5h

Okay.. Still having trouble understanding you... when you say "if you started in no steam", do you mean if you started with Steam closed? And I've checked the "emulate HW TnL caps" and clicked run, and nothing happens.

18. pazfam

pazfam Space Hobo

Running with 3d analyzer worked for me. Thanks! Does crash on save and exit though.

Btw I'm running a Radeon 7900 graphics card and all my other games run without issue.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  19. pulchy

pulchy Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever I launch it with v236, nothing happens. If I launch Starbound with v234 then it opens up the launcher and doesn't apply the changes from 3danalyzer.

Shame.

20. Sodaxi

Sodaxi Space Hobo

Come on already devs! fix this.... :( I don't think its so hard to do so, is it?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.