Fish's Starbound Wishlist

Discussion in 'Other' started by Fishbertus, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

WARNING: This should be in the Portfolios section, but the forums won't allow me to post a thread there. So I put it in other because I am ''unsure'' were it fits.

First of all, this is probably not going to be very detailed (atleast not outside the spoilers!) and is practically a list of all the unconfirmed things I would like to see in Starbound. (Example, something the devs haven't announced to be in the game, like cross breeding.)

THE WISHLIST

Cross Breeding

Cross Breeding is a mechanic that allows you to take 2 different creatures or aliens and breed them together, making a new species. For an example of how it does this, say you have a scorpion and a penguin. When cross bred this may make a penguin that has skeletal plates and a poisonous tail that lives in a desert, or a scorpion that is sleek and black with a white belly and a beak, that slides and lives in the cold.

Natural Selection/Breeding

Natural Selection and Breeding is a mechanic were a planet will have certain species and instead of magically spawning new creatures, the creatures will stay there and if they grow they will sometimes breed and have babies of the species, so if you stop them from this you could wipe out the species. Also some animals will have strong males and weak males (or females sometimes) and the females (or males sometimes) will have a higher chance to breed with the strong males (or females sometimes) instead of the weak.

Unobtanium

Unobtanium is a metal/ore that can be found on certain planets which will allow itself and attached things to float in the air (not fall). This metal was popularized in the movie "Avatar" in which there were floating mountains with unobtanium. Unobtanium will also be VERY rare and expensive. It can be used to make great conducters and wings or light engines. Gyroscopes are also stronger when made of or supported by unobtanium.

Space Pirates

Space Pirates are assorted species of sentient aliens that will come in a few spaceships and raid your home, outposts etc. They will try to steal anything valuable (easy to program because the game has money) and kill anything that stops them. They can also be Kamakazi and you won't get very much loot.

Alien Factions

Some planets will have alien cities, all the aliens will be in a single faction. These are procedurally generated and they can be peaceful, aggresive etc.. You can make friends, get crewmembers and trade with them or even live in their cities, or you can attack and steal from them which usually makes them try to kill you and assault your home world's cities. Some will be religous, some will be atheist etc.. Some of these won't even have spaceships yet and you can help them research. Although this also means they won't be able to attack your homeworld.

A LIST OF MISSION PLANETS

Shattered Peaks will be a big planet with many floating metal islands (yes, that means unobtanium is here) with a great lore about unstable cores. You will be fighting very often and there are many mini bosses and bosses with great loot, infact this is one of the extremely rare chances you have in Starbound to actually make unobtanium bits and bobs.

Satan's Atlantis is a volcanic planet with huge oceans of lava. The main storyline requires you to find a way to get into the lava without coming out ashes, and find a lost city to restore one of the greatest empires of the universe. The loot you will receive is amazing, and secret!

Clockworks will be a big planet with thousands of spinning gears, steaming pipes and more steampunk mahcines all make out of shiny copper and brass, this planet will be very foccused on platforming/parkour and puzzle solving, and you can do some pretty crazy quests. Some of the rewards will be awesome steampunk armor and weapons (once again made out of shiny copper and brass) and victorian style modern machines for your space station. There is even a big, beautiful and powerful Clockwork Dropship for you to earn. But that's going to be HARD.

Well, that's all I was bored enough to do but expect more soon!

2. Lasercat77

Lasercat77 Pangalactic Porcupine

Satin's atlantis? You mean i can turn the planet into a shirt?

3. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

It's hell with an old city under the lava.
    Seriously?

4. BizzarreCoyote

BizzarreCoyote Void-Bound Voyager

Lasercat77 likes this.
  5. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

I think it should fit nowhere, Devs actually asked that people to stop doing megathreads and post each idea in a separate thread so its easier to look at.

The portfolio section its there so people who made megathreads can move their ideas to the proper place before they are deleted if i had to take a wild guess for its existance.