RELEASED Fishing difficulties, Megathread

Discussion in 'Mods' started by steffjes, Mar 14, 2016.

1. pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you for the medium fishing mod!

• Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Using the medium fishing difficulty, as I wanted the fishing minigame to be easier, but still retain some of the challenge. Kudos.

• Dillweed

Dillweed Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry if I missed it, but I think the mod made it so the fishing minigame for the Fall Fair doesn't work? You can cast out but thats it!

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Never tried this. So i really have no idea.
          If this is the case just take your official fishing file and put it back in when you are in the fall fair.
          Because there will be no way for me to change it in the fall fair thingy.

• hellhound_omega

hellhound_omega Aquatic Astronaut

I know there hasn't been a lot of talk about this mod in awhile, but I just ran into an error. I tried fishing at the Mutant Bug Lair and my game crashes. I ensured that it was in the right area (Content/Data) and even tried upper and lower case 'f' to see if it made a difference. I had to switch back to the original Fish.xnb for my game to work again.

LadyCat likes this.
            • LadyCat

LadyCat Big Damn Hero

I had the same exact problem, and found the same solution myself before coming here. :p

Not only does this crash happen in the Mutant Bug Lair when catching a fish (not sure if its the slimejack or not), but it also happens in the Witch's Swamp when trying to catch the void salmon.

I have a capture of the SMAPI output if that'll help.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
              • lyscir

lyscir Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't think this mod is up to date for the new fish so the game will crash when you try and fish them.

LadyCat likes this.