Modding Discussion Firefly/Serenity "Big Box of Loot" collaboration

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dead Squirrel, Jan 1, 2014.

?

Who's the most important damn character to get done?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2014.
  1. Cpt. Mal

98 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Jayne

19 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. Wash

12 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Zoe

6 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Kaylee

12 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. Simon

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. River

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  8. Inara

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  9. Shepard Book

7 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

I excited to try them out! Wouldn't it be funny to have an apex River racing around the ship? Or Floran Jayne talking about killing things? =P

2. Dead Squirrel

Dead Squirrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ha! I was thinking this ... I just can't seem to seperate race from gender. Though I was thinking, gender doesn't seem to be anything more than which chest.png gets loaded. If we make gender indifferent clothing (Looks the same regardless of who's wearing it) then the gender of the npc won't even be detectable.

3. kittentamer

That is easily done. Just modify the .chest file so both male and female use just one version. Like I have Inara and I believe the fluffy dress...

4. Dead Squirrel

My god. Can we add them to the character list? :D
    [​IMG]

Ifrix and kittentamer like this.
  5. kittentamer

If you want to make them! =P

Dead Squirrel likes this.
  6. SpectreOne

SpectreOne Starship Captain

Here is Wash's Shirt. Was trying to make it look multicolored, but the edges aren't all that refined. Haven't been able to test it out in game, and I have left the arms alone, trying to keep track of what pixels go where on those drove me nuts so the sleeves are sort of single colored, but match the shirt. Unfortunately, I realized with this, that I am indeed not very good when it comes to making small images. I think Ill stick with 3d modelling next time. :rofl: Sorry to have you wait so long Dead Squirrel and KittenTamer; life caught up with me real fast right after the new year broke. (And I messed up horribly the first time around because I didn't know what I was doing) so that delayed me a bit. If you have any other requests or (find something that you would like me to fix) I'll see what I Can do.

Attached Files:

7. SpectreOne

Calvin and Hobbes? Lol. That would be interesting, but It doesn't really fit all that well into the theme. :rofl:

What about adding Fanty and Mingo to the mix?

8. kittentamer

Perfect timing! I'm doing the final touches on what may well be the final release! There are maybe four requests not done now, the Opperative's sword and the random furniture.
    As for figuring out the sleeves, I found the arm png in the game assets and made a copy. I add it as a layer while I work to get a better idea what is going on. Still a pain to sort out, though. I've only done any real editing on arms once or twice with this.
    I'll finish the tweaking I was doing, test out the spawners and your outfit, and this may well be the final update except for any future submissions. ^^

9. SpectreOne

The sword doesn't sound all that difficult, I'll do some playing around with it. See what I can come up with, It is just a Katana or a Daito right? I wanted to add something like that anyway.

(and I promise it wont take two weeks) :rofl:

10. kittentamer

I went looking, and the sharpwoodcutter, listed as tier2broadsword in the base game files looks almost exactly like it. The sprite isn't the annoyance, more coding the damage so it scales properly, especially since people want multiple versions of all the weapons. =P

11. SpectreOne

Alright. I'll take a look at it.

12. kittentamer

Weee! I'm calling this mod done, but always feel free to submit additional content/alternate versions of costumes!
    For anyone who doesn't have it, the link to the mod.
    Yet more costumes, Spawners and Tabula Rasa compatibility. Have a shiny day!

13. th3voic3

th3voic3 Master Chief

Just used the Simon and River spawners and Simon attacked and killed River....that can't be right ;-)

14. kittentamer

:eek:
    I...can't say I've ever seen that happen. I've never seen spawned NPCs attack each other period. Was something going on where Simon might have thought River attacked him? (Like the ever-confusing acid rain/poison pools if you spawned them planet-side?)

And no, no that can't be right. :rofl:

15. th3voic3

th3voic3 Master Chief

Not that I could think of. Spawned them on the ship. Simon in the med bay and River in the storage room. Then I beamed planet-side and right back up. When I got back to the ship Simon was currently shooting at River. Oh the irony ;)

kittentamer likes this.
  16. SpectreOne

River is hostile to everyone... lol She just killed Book and Kaylee.... Well, She started to, I kinda blew them all up trying to kill River...

17. kittentamer

Uh, we may have to talk to DeadSquirrel. I have no idea how to do lua, he made all the spawners. I'm not sure what would make River behave that way. Though, insanity is her stick. xD

18. SpectreOne

Yeah. But I don't approve of her chasing Kaylee and Book around with her axes. It is a bit much.

Jayne: Anybody remember her coming at me with a butcher's knife?
    Wash: Wacky fun.
    Jayne: You wanna go, little man?
    Wash: Only if it's someplace with candlelight.

Wash
    : Little River just gets more colorful by the moment. What'll she do next?

kittentamer likes this.
  19. kittentamer

I did send DeadSquirrel a message about it, but he might be busy with life.
    Awesome quotes, btw. You forgot about the soup, though.

20. Dead Squirrel

So ... ahem ... it's not a bug, it's a FEATURE! :D

Which I honestly thought I had disabled!

When you spawn River there is a 1-in-10 chance of her going mad, yelling "Miranda", and attacking the universe in general. Of course that means everything else will attack her as well. It seemed within her personality, and an entertaining gag. But after the first few times it just gets mildly annoying.

So that's ... that, then. We can patch her out if people want, just give the word.