Modding Help Festival Dialogue

Discussion in 'Mods' started by sma, Oct 18, 2016.

1. sma

sma Subatomic Cosmonaut

You guys got me started with XNB_Node for dialog changes and it was perfect. Exactly what I needed/wanted. I did want to delve further into the dialog changes especially for festivals.

I'd like to change the dialog for successive festival events. So, for year 1 have certain text and then for year 2 have different text. I know that you can change the text based on the day of the month and the season but has anyone experimented with this? I do not want to reinvent the wheel if someone has already tried something successful.

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

Unfortunately, festival dialogue is hardcoded. You'll need to make a SMAPI mod for it. :/
      And while the annual changes sound like a great idea, I have a feeling executing it would be extremely difficult.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
      • Mr.Mudkipss

Mr.Mudkipss Big Damn Hero

no. festival dialogue is NOT hardcoded. Its found in Content\Data\Festivals

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

My bad. I assumed since birthday gifting, wedding day, pregnancy announcements, and spouse jealousy dialogues are hard-coded, they were as well. I stand corrected!
          Still have no idea how to make dialogue change per year, though. If anyone can figure it out, please do.

• zyymurgy

zyymurgy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Siv's guide for custom events might have some useful information if it can be cross applied to festivals.

• sma

sma Subatomic Cosmonaut

FOUND IT! Thank you.

I had to put this down for a long time... Siv's custom events? I will check it out. Is it a website or a mod?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017