RELEASED Feminine Female Farmer

Discussion in 'Player' started by Alex_01, May 11, 2016.

1. Alex_01

Alex_01 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Screens.png

This is my most ambitious project yet. A full base sprite overhaul for the female farmer!

Most animations should work with no issues, however, I am unsure of the very few uncommon ones (Harp and Candles?), as I have not discovered them yet to test in-game. I attempted this to see if a full player sprite overhaul could be possible and to make a more feminine looking female character. The sprite is fully customisable; hair, skin tone, shirt, skirt, boots, eye colour, etc.

I have included alternate versions of the Base Sprite Overhaul and an alternate Shirt Overhaul, comparison images are in the screenshots section. You can also play as Haley, which I used as my test sprite if you like.

If there are any issues at all, let me know and I'll try my best to get it fixed as soon as possible.

EDIT: It seemed that some people may have been downloading the Base Sprite Overhaul without downloading a Shirt Overhaul too, which one of each is required for the mod to work properly. So I decided to combine the mod into one .zip file with better instructions on how to install the mod for convenience.

Installation:

You can only use ONE Base Sprite Overhaul and ONE Shirt Overhaul at a time, so pick the ones you prefer. :nuruwink:

Don't forget to make a backup of the original .xnb files before overwriting.

Readme.txt is included with instructions on how to install.

Current Base Sprite Overhauls:
    • Normal
    • Sticky Legs
    • Beret's Face [Round Face] Mod (SCREENSHOTS WILL BE COMING)
    • Beret's Face [Round Face] Mod + Sticky Legs (SCREENSHOTS WILL BE COMING)
    Future Base Sprite Overhauls:
    • Short Sleeves
    • Long Sleeves
    • Flat-chested (Includes edited Shirts)
    • Short/Long Sleeves/Flat-chested + Beret's/Sticky Legs, etc.
    • Pants
    • Shorts

Feminine Male Farmer Coming Later.

Screenshots:

Swimsuit.png

Screens2a.png

Shirts2a.png

Shirts.png

Changelog:

- Combined the Base Sprite Overhauls and Shirt Overhauls into one .zip file for convenience.
    - Labelled the Base sprite and Shirt sprite comparison images in the Screenshots section.
    - Updated Feminine Female Farmer to v2; Fixed a few bugs.
    - Added 2 more Alternate Base Sprite Overhauls.

Community Thread:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/feminine-female-farmer.115280/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Other Mods:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    • Chrysanthe

Chrysanthe Starship Captain

Wow! I've been working on something similar so I can sorta understand the massive amount of work that went into this.
      Very impressive! :nod:

Alex_01 likes this.
      • Alex_01

Thanks! Yeah, it was, haha! :nuruawe:

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
        • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I am doing all sorts of disgusting things to your mod.

[​IMG]

Muwahahahhaha

• Jinxiewinxie

Would you be interested in making a version of this that's just the legs and not the other "be Haley" stuff? I was trying to manhandle your body edits into something that could be used with other skirts/hairs/shirts, etc. but after a while things stop looking like bodies & feet and more like blobs of pixels.

Sort of like this, but you know.. better.. =P

[​IMG]

I just really like Haley & Penny's feet/leg situation a lot more than the base farmer girl's.

• Alex_01

It would be really difficult, since Haley is a much shorter sprite. You might notice she almost sits on top of her shadow and in some instances, does. That's because I had to keep her in eye height of the vanilla sprite, or the blinking would be off. So if you were to slap another skirt on her, it would probably look more like a dress. I would have to readjust the legs so they can be seen, and in some animations, they can't go any lower.

I am currently working on the full version. It will hopefully be fully customisable, using Haley's sprite as the base. The final version would be something like:
              • Haley's more feminine torso with different colours.
              • Haley's legs with her shoes being the classic brown so they change in colour when you put on new boots.
              • Haley's more feminine/smaller arms.
              • Skin tone customisable.
              • Haley's skirt with customisable colours.
              • Any hairstyle with customisable colours.
              • Eye colour customisable.
              I can try what you are asking for afterwards, however it might not be 'compatible' with any other skirts.

• Jinxiewinxie

Hmm. I went ahead and made it myself, so don't worry.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
                [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Its basically just Haley's legs (but with brown shoes instead of teal) with the normal base and then her skirt replacing the normal base's pants. Works alright so far, I had to do a bunch of leg edits and a few skirt ones to make everything align correctly and make sure it looks nice with other bottoms (like Meever's shorts for ladies).

Do you mind if I include it with my GetDressed/BaseChanger mod once I'm done fixing some small issues here and there?

I attached the WIP .xnb so you can try it out in game and the unpacked png so you can see how silly it looks ^_^

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2016
                  beerziiez, taintedwheat and Alex_01 like this.
                • Alex_01

The screenshots look good, other than the 'monkey face' in the third one. :nurutease: I don't mind at all if you include them in your mod. :nuruwink:

I've made a lot of progress on my final version of this mod. It's basically the vanilla head, and Haley's body, legs and arms with the vanilla colours to make them customisable. I also plan on drawing a bunch of feminine shirts to accommodate my mod. If you're willing, it would be awesome if you could incorporate my final version of this mod into your mod if it's possible. I'm not exactly sure how your mod works, is it a farmer_girl_base.xnb swap on the fly while in-game, with the ability to mix and match?

beerziiez likes this.
                  • Jinxiewinxie

1) That monkey face is adorable and I call it the "button nose" version. Hahaha ^_^

2) So, my mod has the base-game farmer_girl_base.xnb file and the image for it looks like this sorta:

A BB C

where A is the left side heads and feet, BB is the weird arms and C is the pants

then, it overrides A or C with pieces from an override image. There's an override image for just the body/feet stuff and then one for C that's just all the skirts. I can add more bodies and more skirts and the mod will just replace the body or skirt with the options I've added.

I hope that makes sense. It just overrides pieces of the main farmer_girl_base image. I attached the override images I'm using so you can get a better idea of what I mean.

In your final version, will the skirt and shirts be separated from the body? If so, I can easily include the base as another base in my mod and the skirt as another skirt in my mod.

Can you upload a new version with the progress you've made so far so I can see what direction you're going?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2016
                      beerziiez and Alex_01 like this.
                    • Alex_01

The skirt and the shirts are separate in the final version. I've attached what I've done so far to this post. I edited the shadow.xnb to raise it to align it better with the shorter sprite and the base.xnb and shirt.xnb files being obvious what they are used for. It is far from perfect, the skirt is misaligned in some frames at the moment and I need to redraw most of the arms again.
                      Here's a screenshot of a random character I made while testing it out:

Test.png

Attached Files:

• Jinxiewinxie

Gosh that is just so pretty!

Royalyspooky and Alex_01 like this.
                        • Royalyspooky

Royalyspooky Phantasmal Quasar

Very cute I was thinking of doing a mod like this, anyway it looks great hope to see a finished product!

Alex_01 and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                          • Jinxiewinxie

Any arm drawing progress? =D

• Royalyspooky

sorry to be a bother I am aware this is still in beta but I noticed that the hairstyle I like to use cuts the skirt a bit, a shorter hair works fine and I am unaware if you can fix it, also Haley's legs stay together still an amazing effort and I hope to see more in the future. 20160515031301_1.jpg 20160515031415_1.jpg 20160515031627_1.jpg 20160515031630_1.jpg 20160515032015_1.jpg 20160515032112_1.jpg

Attached Files:

beerziiez likes this.
                              • Alex_01

I've almost finished the arms, I just have to redraw the back arms now and do a little more fine tuning. I'm also in the middle of redoing the shirts as well. :nuruawe:

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything that can be done about the hairstyle because the sprite is shorter. Also the reason my legs don't stick together is that Haley's sprite is one pixel more wide than the farmer base sprite, so I had to redraw her back and legs to keep them central to her head/shoulders. If you like, I could release another version filling in the gaps, but her legs/shoes will be thicker. :nuruwink:

Royalyspooky and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                                • Royalyspooky

I understand and thank you for your kindness, just wanted to inform you about it in case it was merely an oversight.

Alex_01 likes this.
                                  • Redwolf2196

Redwolf2196 Void-Bound Voyager

Can you do this with Abigail?

• erind616

erind616 Void-Bound Voyager

As someone who is currently trying to make almost exactly the same mod but with Abigail instead of Haley, I'd like to commend you on your work. This looks incredible and I have no idea how you've had the patience to do it all! Would you mind if I used your sprite sheets as a reference for my own mod? In either case, keep up the excellent work!!

Alex_01 likes this.
                                      • Alex_01

Sorry, it was a lot of time and effort just to get Haley done. Luckily, you have someone as nice as "erind616" working on it at the moment. :nuruwink:

Thank you, it took a while. I can't believe I was able to do it myself honestly. :nurutease: I don't mind at all if you use my sprite sheet as a reference, I wish you luck on your mod. :nuruawe:

erind616 and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                                        • Alex_01

I am finally done! :nuruawe:

I just have to make some screenshots to go along with the finished version. I'll put it up as soon as I've done them, which shouldn't be very long.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.