1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Felins 3.9.1

Catgirls in Space!

1. Ignes_Vulpes

Ignes_Vulpes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. Ignes_Vulpes

Nevermind. The problem was the GlowingChests mod.

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Nice job, glad you figured it out yourself.

4. Ignes_Vulpes

Was really annoying because I thought the mods were incompatible with this version of the game. I just can't play Starbound without your space-cat-people. Also is there any chance of getting to see the Felin home world?

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's an extension mod project I've had in the works for a while now. Technically you already can see Firrhna just by looking out the window during the intro mission...

6. Ignes_Vulpes

Really? I didn't know that was Firrhna, I thought it was just one of the generic planet background thing.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Nope. Though made of vanilla assets, that is a custom sky config showing canon Firrhna.

8. flute58

flute58 Void-Bound Voyager

it crashes the game when i try to load it, but everything else works when i take it out, and the felin race is my favorite race.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@flute58, if you're running Unstable, that's a given. I'm working on an update for SB 1.3 right now. If you're not, then I'll need more information.

10. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

any ETA on 1.3 felins? can't load game without it unless i remove it and felin characters first.
    thank you for the very quick response time to the update. good luck.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

SB 1.3-compatible Felin will most likely be released within 12 hours of SB 1.3. Why are you playing Unstable though? Are you that keen on checking out the new stuff even though apparently people are having trouble beaming to their personal space stations and who knows what other things make it worthy of the name "Unstable"?

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, beaming to your station aside, mechs are insanely fun to play with!

So you just can't build your own space station juuuuuust yet, I'm having loads of fun elsewhere though. Far more fun that I'd be having on Stable, anyhow, considering I was so bored of SB that I haven't been playing for like 3-4 months now.

13. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

because i want to figure out what stuff i am likely to lose if i let SB upgrade. right now i have my starbound folder moved to another location so steam can't touch it. i wish they warned the modders what they planned to break before releasing an update, then you might have an easier time of fixing things.

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

They do, in the modding API changes and such, and they give you the Unstable branch so that modders can load them up and see what it does to their mods, and how to fix them. Modders get several weeks from the time it lands on Unstable to get their mods ready for Stable release. The only way a modder is not going to get a mod up and running on Release Day is if they weren't actively keeping up with the game.

Of course some people who only mod in their spare time won't be able to handle it if they are busy, but then... that's the nature of trying to run mods for a game that is updated reasonably often.

I mean if Sayter and his team can keep an insanely huge mod like Frackin'Universe going so that there's an update ready on patch day, anybody can.

Kawa likes this.
  15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Kawa updated Felins with a new update entry:

Spacefarer Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

jonathonspy likes this.
  16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I keep getting this crash while in the Felin intro... don't know if it is your mod or if Frackin'Universe is conflicting:

Code:
    [13:18:53.933] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught handling incoming packets for client 1: (MapException) Key 'ScriptConsole' not found in Map::get()
    [0] 13f207483 Star::captureStack
    [1] 13f20620e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 13f382494 Star::MapMixin<std::unordered_map<Star::String,enum Star::InteractActionType const * __ptr64,Star::CaseInsensitiveStringHash,Star::CaseInsensitiveStringCompare,std::allocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,enum Star::InteractActionType const * __ptr64> > > >::get
    [3] 13f38190f Star::InteractAction::InteractAction
    [4] 13f4a8a11 Star::Object::interact
    [5] 13f7c2371 Star::WorldServer::interact
    [6] 13f7bf709 Star::WorldServer::handleIncomingPackets
    [7] 13f7d38fb Star::WorldServerThread::update
    [8] 13f7d3418 Star::WorldServerThread::run
    [9] 13f203fce Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
    [10] 776859cd BaseThreadInitThunk
    [11] 778ba561 RtlUserThreadStart
    Seems to just happen randomly, about 30 or so seconds after I start.

EDIT: There is one small mod I'll try getting rid of to see if that fixes the problem.
    EDIT: Nope, still doing it.

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I can actually reproduce this one: it seems to be caused by the arcade machine in the lobby. I used it, did not get my Zero Wing ripoff, and the game crashed shortly after. Redid the intro without touching the arcade machine and made it through to the ship.

Confirmed: "interactAction" : "ScriptConsole", should be "ScriptPane".

jonathonspy likes this.
  18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Oh. Okay. So don't touch the arcade machine until it's fixed then lol. Okay.

Errr. Okay, lol looks like you already fixed it... workshop content downloaded 19 min ago and since Firrhna Project is the only thing I get through Workshop, well... hehe.

Thanks for quick update!

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I just rewrote the arcade game proper so let it redownload again if you want more than a black screen.

jonathonspy likes this.
  20. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

hey, just wanted you to know. While I was error-checking my own mod there was a error popping up referring to the Felin mod
    Code:
    [23:51:37.537] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /quests/quests.config.patch in source: ..\mods\felin.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'pronounGenders' in pathApply("/pronounGenders/felin")
    Just found out that my mod may have been causing this because it had an outdated "quest.config" thing in it.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017