1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Felins 3.9.1

Catgirls in Space!

1. AliasAA

AliasAA Void-Bound Voyager

No I have been playing as a human character and I thought the items would be available for all the races. The catvette shows up though and I like it, especially the flame one.

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Overriding? No, merely adding. Thing is, adding options to lists such as "what dungeons (because villages are technically dungeons) appear in which biomes" or "what items appear in a given treasurepool" throws off all the chances of any given result being picked. This goes for all mods that add stuff to randomly-picked-from lists.

Basically, you thought you were rollin a six-sided die, but the mod added a seventh face to it. You can still roll a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6... but there's also a chance of a 7, and that throws off the other six.

TL;DR: the Reddit thread assumed no mods.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I would also like to point out that every time you add a mod that adds dungeons, the probability of you finding any certain dungeon drops.

If there are 5 possible dungeons, assuming they are all weighted equally, you have a 20% chance of getting any specific dungeon.

If you add 5 more, assuming they are all weighted equally, you now have 10 possible dungeons, or 10% chance of getting any specific dungeon.

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And in practice, they're not even weighted equally.

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Either way, it still makes it less likely even if they aren't weighted equally, lol. I mentioned equal weights, only for simplicity of demonstration.

But yeah, I think we're digressing a little lol. But yeah, suffice it to say.... add more random stuff through mods = random stuff is harder to find because there's more stuff to choose from.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

TL;DR: the Reddit thread assumed no mods.

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Slightly off-topic, but I hate the concept of TL;DR: because it just makes people lazy and it contributes to this society we have where nobody reads stuff like, I don't know, instruction manuals and mod details.

Almost every single day, people ignore instructions on FU's front page that if an error occurs, they must include starbound.log when reporting said error but yet, nearly every day we get someone who talks about some error and doesn't include his logfile, lol.

That's why I rarely do TL;DR: and I'm very UNapologetic about it. I don't care if people don't like to read. I'm tired of promoting laziness.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  8. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

"shipLevel" : 4294967292

o_O

... I think there's a problem with my save.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Wow no shit. How is it still valid? :D

10. JarinArenos

I have no idea, but no wonder I couldn't make sense of the settting in hex editor :rofl:

11. JarinArenos

Gave up, cleared my junk off the ship and deleted the shipworld file. My pet tentacle is green now. Oh well.

12. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Is the mod working with 1.1.1?

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I don't see why not, and I just confirmed it does run on the current Stable.

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I think I might have found a couple errors. They are more like warnings, but still:

Code:
    [18:52:20.532] [Warn] Failed to deserialize entity: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("appliesWeatherStatusEffects")
    This warning appears as soon as I started the game up and before I left my ship. Is the ship pet causing this?

Code:
    [18:52:22.450] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/objects/spawner/techstation.lua"]:80: (LuaConversionException) Error converting LuaValue to type 'int'
    This also happened while I was on my ship (I have absolutely nothing on my ship 'cept what you get when you start the game)... did they change how the techstation (SAIL?) works?

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

They changed how monsters work, actually. I've added that property on day one and haven't had any problems since.

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Ahh. I might have forgotten to update the mod.

I thought I did that, though. Huh. Maybe I didn't...

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The repo copy may not have the fix yet. I'll update it tomorrow.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Repo copy updated. Last change: fixed comforter tenant grumbles. Thanks to Zornie for letting me know.

19. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for making such a great mod. Its helped me so much in making mine. You're a real pro =3

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Nar karrdi.