1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Felins 3.9.1

Catgirls in Space!

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It's not listed in the changelog, but has the lighting for the T3 ship been fixed? There's this awkward looking dark area near the rear engine in the T3 ship, was just curious about that.

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

If such a big thing's not listed it's not fixed. Perhaps tomorrow.

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Ahh ok was just curious.

4. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

Whoop. Forgot to mention something with the merchant stock files; I think you also need an entry for each item in "/quests/generated/pools/merchanttrades.config". From what I've seen, most, if not all, merchant stock quests require you to trade something to a spawned merchant somewhere. Like, Avian merchant has you gather 4 copper bars, sends you off to a spawned merchant to trade the bars for a parcel, said parcel contains the Avian Gong they start to sell. Something like that.

Speaking of quests, I've noticed the hostile Felin Mystic npcs... There's those quests that have you going after a single NPC threat, or a group of them. Lore-wise, would those Mystics be a target in those sort of situations? There's a npcthreats.config and a singlenpcthreats.config in the pools folder. Also would give more chances to find one of those Felin Mystic ribbons. :p

Other than that, yay update! Maybe the RNG will be nice to me and I'll find a Felin village again. :p

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Steam and Repo copies are now updated with the following changes: tier 3 ship now uses its lightmap, and there now eight of out 27 quest pool files patched. Repo version will, again, need a redownload.

Edit: fucked up on a data type and put "true" instead of true. Fixed now.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yay, thanks! my ship will look a lot better now lol.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Unlikely, considering what I know of worldfiles, but whatever.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Chainslog!

• Added lightmap to ship tier 3. Thanks to Xylia for reminding me.
    • Added more quest data. Thanks to SpaceKGreen.
    • Hopefully fixed super-fast rotting of TentaChews and Tentacle Grape.
    • Added recipe for felin ship wall.
    • Added Ai posters. Thanks to Cgeta for allowing me to use his AVIAN posters as bases.
    • Added a larger statue of Chelsie. More like it to follow.
    And that's it for today. Redownload if you want this, or subscribe on Steam.

9. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

Weird ship glitch. Not sure which update did it though, as I'd been on a different character for the last few weeks. There's a blocked-off area at the front and rear of the top-tier ship greenhouse now. This looks like space that was added, but didn't get properly unbocked for existing saves? Just guessing here, since I'm pretty sure that space wasn't there at all before. Can't walk or construct/deconstruct in the unbuilt area seen below.
    [​IMG]

Edit: Just tested with a new Felin, admin-cheated through the ship upgrades. No issues with a fresh save, just the existing character.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@JarinArenos: Welcome to the other reason I didn't want to make tier 8 any bigger. To fix this, use dump_versioned_json to decode your .player file to plaintext .json, find the "shipLevel" value which should be 8, change that to 7, and use make_version_json to turn it back into its binary format. Now, do /spawnitem shipT8 in-game and use the item you get to go back to tier 8.

Alternatively, if you have a hex editor, you can use that to edit the player file directly. Just find the word "shipLevel", and notice there's a 4 byte directly after that, followed by an 8. Change that to a 7 and do the /spawnitem thing.

Alternatively, if you don't mind losing all objects and other such customizations, you can just remove your .shipworld file and have the game regenerate one for you.

"But Kawa," you might ask, "wouldn't setting shipLevel to 7 remove the t8 rooms and everything in it?" No, because the .shipworld file proper wouldn't be affected. You'd see the image for tier 7 with your old tier 8 materials and objects, but that's just visuals.

JarinArenos likes this.
  11. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks for the detailed workaround instructions. Sounds workable enough. Shame it's such a pain to do ship edits for the mod. =/

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It's more about how Chucklefish does ships and shipworld files, to be honest.

Maybe sometime they'll revisit that and improve the system to increase modability, to make it easier to work with.

Or, who knows, maybe some day, we'll be able to add "chunks" onto our own ships in-game.

13. Ferayn

Ferayn Void-Bound Voyager

I keep getting an error when I try to start a Felin. Says "You were disconnected from the server for the following reason: Client ship world has errored" Did I install incorrectly? Is this a bug? How do I fix?

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I'm sorry Ferayn but that's too little information.

15. AliasAA

AliasAA Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded the full mod, but where do you find the clothes that you have shown in the description pic? I don't see any crafting options for them

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Outdated images aside, they're very well available from the spinning wheel.

17. AliasAA

AliasAA Void-Bound Voyager

I see cat ears, cat tail and hot pants in the spinning wheel but that's about it.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Are you playing as a felin, @AliasAA? Cos those specific items are the ones added to player.config, while the rest is in felin.species.

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If they're not playing as a felin, they can use /admin and get access to them even if they aren't a felin.

20. Sesquiculus

Sesquiculus Aquatic Astronaut

This is a well-made mod, but I suspect that as of the last patch it is overriding Novakid villages. I have been visiting the planets from this reddit thread and all of the locations where other players have found Novakids I have found Felins instead.