Featured Mod Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SleepySquidd, Feb 13, 2015.

1. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Find a mod you think is great? Want to share it with the world!

With so many great mods published by you guys we just can't keep up! If you think we missed a mod that deserves to have its own spotlight fill out the form and post below!

Example:
    Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][COLOR=#59b300][B]Feature this mod![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [B]Mod:
    What the mod does:
    Why:
    Link:[/B]

Submitting a mod does not guarantee that it will be accepted, you're only suggesting it.
    Mods only stay in the featured spotlight for 1 week.

If you have any concerns feel free to message myself, xxswatelitexx, or any other staff member online!

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

3. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Can I nominate Rhomboid, because she says funny things? I don't think she has over 200 downloads, though. Actually, I don't want to know about that.

Jonesy and SleepySquidd like this.
  4. SleepySquidd

5. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

6. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Elite Space Hobo and Tamorr like this.
  7. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Your starbound Crew
    What the mod does: Adds crew members to your game, along with alternate quests and brand new dungeons.
    Why: The sheer amount of content added is impressive, especially since it is done so well.
    Link: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/your-starbound-crew.948/

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Creative Mode Mod
    What the mod does: Adds in an easy-to-use method of spawning nearly everything with a few simple boxes.
    Why: Much, much simpler to use than something like Starcheat, or the /admin command. Also comes with a "creative flight tech" which is great for building.
    Link: http://community.playstarbound.com/...trol-over-your-experience-upbeat-giraffe.614/

8. SleepySquidd

Featured. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

Jonesy likes this.
  9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Because it was removed...

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Frackin' Universe
    What the mod does: Overhauls the Starbound universe with new biomes, new plants, and new dungeons.
    Why: An absolutely massive mod wtih an absolute ton of content, and it is an extremely popular mod as a result!
    Link:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/frackin-universe.925/

Feature this mod!
    Mod: ILikeCheating
    What the mod does: Modifies three vanilla crafting stations to create a "cheating" mod which is completely multi-player compatible.
    Why: It is an absolutely fantastic mod, much more developed than Creative Mode, with tons of available sorting. It also does not ruin your player.config, unlike Creative Mode, which makes it fantastic for switching in and out of creative mode.
    Link:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...mate-multiplayer-friendly-building-tool.1978/

Jonesy likes this.
  10. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Why were Frackin Universe and Creative Mode removed from the featured list? Especially Frackin Universe.....that alone is like a massive expansion

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Frackin' Universe
    What the mod does: Biomes, crafting stations, plants and lots more.
    Why: Absolutely huge mod, practically a massive expansion all by itself.
    Link:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/frackin-universe.925/

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Creative Mode, Complete Control Over Your Experience
    What the mod does: Allows the player to focus on building without worrying about anything.
    Why: Because sometimes you just want to build massive structures out of unusual, uncraftable, hard to find blocks.
    Link:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...trol-over-your-experience-upbeat-giraffe.614/

Eternalmyst likes this.
  11. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Well, I suppose I'll nominate a few that I liked from other modders:

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Pixel Goods Store by Boogy
    What the mod does: Adds a ton of purchaseable furniture.
    Why: It vastly expands the diversity of furniture, while keeping to various themes, including racial ones.

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Ground-Penetrating Radar Station by Wellbott
    What the mod does: Adds a machine that scans and displays your surrounding environment, including monsters and ores.
    Why: It does the job quite well, making mapping out large areas a walk in the park.

Feature this mod!
    Mod: M.A.G.M.I.S.: Guided Missiles by Wellbott
    What the mod does: Provides a machine which modifies guns so that they fire homing projectiles.
    Why: A very nice addition to Starbound that I felt should've been added into the game already.

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Better Doors by Healthire
    What the mod does: Allows doors to be placed horizontally as hatches, and automatically scales them so that they can fit in slightly larger or smaller spaces.
    Why: Makes door placement far more flexible. Gets rid of the need for specialized hatches and vertical doors.

Feature this mod!
    Mod: COLOREBOUND by Seraphi
    What the mod does: Grants a subtle glow effect to most ores, making them a bit easier to spot while underground.
    Why: A must have if you're using a mod that limits light!

Feature this mod!
    Mod: LessLight by greenRAM
    What the mod does: Adjusts lighting so that it no longer passes through walls.
    Why: Makes exploration in Starbound all the more atmospheric, as you can no longer easily tell what was on the other side of a wall.

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Shadow-Casting Lights by, well, me
    What the mod does: Adds shadow-casting properties to nearly every light-emitting object in the game.
    Why: Also makes exploration in Starbound all the more atmospheric, as light no longer bends around corners. Try it alongside the Less Light mod for a VERY atmospheric experience (and COLOREBOUND if you're having a hard time finding ores underground). ;)

Seraphi likes this.
  12. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Hey! Didn't you read the rules? :p

13. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Sorry. I must've missed it when I posted it.

Looks like the Less Light mod isn't qualified either, since it doesn't yet have at least 200 downloads.

14. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer Pangalactic Porcupine

I was about to do Shadow Wolf's mistake as well, fortunately I noticed it's forbidden at the last moment. Oops. :oops:

15. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Updated Featured Mods - Since its been a month since the last change

SleepySquidd likes this.
  16. tonidouz

tonidouz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

17. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Grassification Station
    What the mod does: Lets the player grow grass and add it to different natural blocks to get placeable blocks with grass on them.
    Why: Because it's super useful for making your planet look nice again after flattening an area to build, no more dirt lawns! The crafting station sprites are also very nice, and the mod is implemented in a balanced way. :)
    Link: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/grassification-station.2296/

18. SleepySquidd

Woops, I got waaay behind with this! Let's try to get it started back up! :)

Crystan likes this.
  19. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

SleepySquidd, Kayuko and Mackinz like this.
  20. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Feature this mod!
    Mod: Starbound Side Stories
    What the mod does: Adds subtle quest content to the Starbound world, making planets more desirable to check thoroughly, and cities un-destroyed.
    Why: I used to just mine planets for the resources and cool town blocktiles, but now I want to preserve everything and move in, really integrate myself into their town, due to this mod. It helps with immersion into the game.
    Link:http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/starbound-side-stories.2830/