1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FearnWAZZA, May 11, 2016.

1. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

And to put the cherry on the cake, they now upstage everybody and are somehow a uniting force. I don't even feel anything for the whole having the Evil Squid Made of Eviltm crash into earth event.

Axe Garian and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Agreed. How in the Unholy Buggers do Humans think they go about being Superhero Good Guy Uniting Force of Peace for a Universe when they treat Earth like a House Basement they're too Basement Zombie to ever have the guts to step out of...? What a joke. :rofl:

Mythril-Jelly and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Um, mayhaps there is a little bias in knowing human history, as opposed to the snippets of history from the other races. The Miniknog took control of a interplanetary society and turned them all into apes inside of 10 years.

4. King Kitteh

King Kitteh Starship Captain

Environmentalists care about the environment so much because A: We live on this planet, so harming it harms us and B: They believe that life is precious and rare in the universe and should be protected.

Once humans could travel to other planets they no longer had to suffer for their mishap on earth, and when they discovered that 99% of planets have life on them they realized that life isn't so special. It's mundane and common, screw animals and nature.

Yes we may ruin entire planets, turn their oceans into poison. But then we can move on. There is no limit of planets to use. No one will miss that planet, it is so un-unique. Let's be realistic here guys, Earth wasn't worth saving.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Wingidon

Wingidon Phantasmal Quasar

Concerned. What is all of this fuss against humankind over accidental consequences that they probably dealt with about 500 years ago?
    If Humans did something wrong, so have the Floran, the Avian and the Apex's people with power. Blaming a whole species for the choices of the specific groups of individuals that have the actual dangerous power makes little sense for my fabulously advanced robotic mind.

SneakyBox and Jimlad 42 like this.
  6. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

How about some other Species treat YOU that way & decide you're not special & screw you. Karma dude, Karma. :down:

Glitch > Humans.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Alexthe666

Alexthe666 Starship Captain

Wow so much hate for humans...

Which is what I voted for(Florans and Novakids are close seconds though).

I feel many people don't like them because, on the surface, they are mundane. Everyone is a human irl and everyone knows their history. But we don't know the history of odd plant lifeforms or mysterious star beings, the two most "alien" species on that poll. This is the reason I believe they are there favorite. Apex, Humans, and Glitch fall to the back of the list because it is something people are all familiar with: gorillas, people, and robots. People don't feel the same to 3 eyed tentacled fish, Mesoamerican birds, gas bag people, or sentient man-eating plants.

Another point: lets all remember humans have always warred with each other. That's how their nature is. And they all aren't the same, as some people have mentioned. Heck, none of the species are all the same. Apex have Big Ape followers and rebels. Florans have cannibals and "friendly" villagers. Glitch have those hostile fortresses and the cute feudalistic villages. Hylotl have outcast samurai and peaceful television-obsessed underwater villages. I can go on for ages.

Personally I like humans for a few reasons. Their ship is nice and sleek, and even though the earlier Apex ship is sleeker, it turns into a rhombus in it's final form...

Another reason is I can re create fictional and real life characters in game :p

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. King Kitteh

Have you seen these planets? You hop down, only wanting a little ore and the Wildlife is SAVAGE! They will rip you apart without a second though. We're doing people a favour destroying these planets. Those creatures are the bad karma. If they were docile like this cute PopTop I just picked up, then I'd leave 'em alone.

Now excuse me, my adorable lil' PopTop seems hungry.

9. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd be savage too if somebody irradiated my home and poisoned my water supply, hah. Reminds me of "Feral Ghouls" in a sense. They were average people once, but due to the actions of others they have degraded into mindless monsters.

Of course, capture pods seem to pacify nearly everything. I should know, I have a mosh pit of Moontants. I haven't even fed them a single bandit and they still play nice!

10. Wingidon

Glitch aren't as harmful as humans because they never had the technology to become that way.
    Be reminded of what happened to the other simulations.

11. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Wild Animals will be Wild Animals. So, because of that, ya will be a Wild Animal too despite the fact that ya DO have more Intellectual Potential then that? I'm sure there's a USCM Prison out there somewhere with room for another Inmate. :p

Also, not all Animals are bad. I've never seen any Fluffalo, Chickens, or Robot Chickens do anything bad. :)

Counterpoint. The 'other Simulations' had a chance to become good Civilizations, but they blew it through their own actions. The Glitch are showing potential to better themselves, albeit slowly. The Glitch (The ones that found Self-Awareness & didn't get killed afterwards...) have differentiated themselves from the other Simulations. That's Achievement. Whether or not they will be able to power up their Civilizedness further is up to them.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. Alexthe666

Alexthe666 Starship Captain

Why is everyone assuming humans radiated the water on toxic planets? 85% chance it was one of the other seven races. Could also be another species that did that to their home planet. And yes, even though we pollute a lot of waste, it is nowhere NEAR the amount where it is raining toxic rain every day and the waters are lime green.

...except maybe in Rio :rofl:

13. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

SneakyBox and Jimlad 42 like this.
  14. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

I guess people assume it's humans because of the furniture, structures and backgrounds etc all look like it was built by humans. And then there's all the toxic barrels at the bottom of the ocean.

Jimlad 42 and Axe Garian like this.
  15. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I've looked up stuff from the Toxic Biomes on the Wiki... a HELL of a lot of them have the 'Human' Tag, literally...

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Wingidon

[​IMG]
    Why indeed.
    Someone had to create the Terrene Protectorate.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    DJFlare84, Axe Garian and Jimlad 42 like this.
  17. King Kitteh

Floran, not advanced enough to do it. Hylotl, care too much about the environment to do it. Avian, get power from crystals and don't have factories. Novakid, probably didn't, if they did they don't remember. Glitch, not advanced enough to do it.

Apex and Humans are most likely to have done it. Strange no one thought to blame Apex though.

18. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I pondered the Apex as possible culprits till I found the Wiki Info for Toxic Items that said they had the "Human" Tag, then there was no more mystery left. Colony Tag's pretty much a Signed Sealed Confession imho. :p Also, to be fair, Apex have stronger Tech then Humans so I would assume that'd include stuff like Recycling & Trash Disposal Tech.

19. Wingidon

Then why do almost all of my Glitch tennants want a sewage barrel in their houses?

Alexthe666 and Axe Garian like this.
  20. Quetzal 1453

Quetzal 1453 Big Damn Hero

I have two favorite races Avian because my fisrt character Quetzal was one and they have an intersting culutre second iss Floran because they are both cute and vicious