1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FearnWAZZA, May 11, 2016.

1. KaZe_DaRKWIND

KaZe_DaRKWIND Big Damn Hero

Considering spaceships are meant for space and not atmosphere, does being aerodynamic actually matter in any way?

2. Tet the Zoologist

Tet the Zoologist Space Penguin Leader

That's what I've been thinking! In a vacuum where their is no air resistance, Ther is no need for any aerodynamic shapes unless your ship goes into an atmosphere (which you don't in starbound).

Axe Garian, FearnWAZZA and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

Aerodynamic forms make entering the slipstream easier i think.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  4. Kitler

Kitler Void-Bound Voyager

For me, Hylotls come first in terms of preference of who I'd want to play as because not just because of their cool physical appearance but useful racial perk aswell. Basically I'm a japanese-cultured living samurai fish submarine.

As for others, I'd mostly pick Floran or Novakid.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Another Kevin

Racial perk? That's not a thing, is it?

FearnWAZZA and Jimlad 42 like this.
  6. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

Nope.

Another Kevin likes this.
  7. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Technically, but only if you're a Novakid, in which case you have more passive glow than usual.

Sh4dowWalker96 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  8. delaquarte

delaquarte Space Hobo

I really though glitch were going to be my favorite for a while. Its just the "old fantasy" thing i cant get past. Charming yes and I think its an amazing "didn't see that coming did ya" move but I have really come to love the Hylotls the more I play with them. Just on looks alone humans are my next choice, I am a sucker for the whole space suit look. But judging by an all factors included mentality. Floran are defiantly second, with their space hulk type ships and with another twist I was not expecting, being more of a predatory race, and seem to have a dash of 40k ork to them.

FearnWAZZA likes this.
  9. FaerieHawk

FaerieHawk Subatomic Cosmonaut

I will always love the florans most. I love the stab-happy tribal plant theme. SO different from the 'peace love nature yay' plant people tend to get!

10. nerdy birdy

nerdy birdy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

my heart belongs to avians forever and always. it was the first race i played and i've played them the most out of any race. they're my absolute favorite, and i cant find a single thing i dont like about them. 0u0 (except maybe the fact they dont have a lot of clothing options, but that's a qualm i have with all races and not just avians)

11. Supersonicsid

Supersonicsid Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the apex, and humans. A lot of people find them bland, but being a human feels familiar and lets me relate to the character a little more. The apex are pretty much humans except they don't shave. Also I love the apex ship. The apex have some really cool armor sets too, and they let me be like "Hey it's totally fine to decorate things of mine with high tech items, I'm not a primitive plant, medieval robot, tribal bird, or a forgetful plasma bag." The hylotl are pretty neat too, and they have a nice ship, lore and style, but I dislike their lower tier armor sets, the top tier are fine, but the bottom tier really ruin it for me. Plus I hate their hairstyles xD

SneakyBox likes this.
  12. Tet the Zoologist

Uuuuh, the avians arn't tribal

13. Sh4dowWalker96

They kinda are, more of Aztec or Mayan tribal but the influence is still there.

Axe Garian and FearnWAZZA like this.
  14. BloodyMonarch

BloodyMonarch Astral Cartographer

They have ritual sacrifices. Yeah, they're tribal.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Keyondria

Keyondria Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Floran isss bessst race! Flessshy racesss jussst food for Floran. Avian tassste like chicken.

Sh4dowWalker96 and Zlyvr like this.
  16. Another Kevin

If the best race is determined by the food chain, then the florans should bow down to the novakid.

Axe Garian and Wingidon like this.
  17. Sh4dowWalker96

I've got a Headcanon where they literally do, seeing as Novakid are stars and Florans are plants.

Another Kevin likes this.
  18. Tet the Zoologist

No, the Aztecs and Mayans weren't tribal. They had an advanced civilization like that of Rome and Greece, but yet, because they're mezo-American, you just assume they're tribal.

19. Another Kevin

Sooooo.... They are, right?

20. Tet the Zoologist

So whose right? You just said that Mayans and Aztecs WERE tribal, but my counter argument is that they were NOT tribal.