1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Farming Question

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Constantinople, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am rather new at this, so I just wanted to make sure I am doing this correctly. I bought some eggs from the terra mart. Do I just need to put them on the ground and wait until the hatch, or do I need to do something else in addition to that?

Thanks

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Placing them on the ground is enough. All you need to do after that is wait, and interact with the chicken when it's ready in order to receive the egg.

3. BlueDragonic

BlueDragonic Void-Bound Voyager

Make sure they don't walk away though and give them some shelter so they don't get eaten by creatures on the planet.

4. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The cows and chickens hatched, but the fluffalos did not. Been a few hours. Am I doing something wrong. They are not on dirt/grass. They are in a barn I constructed.

5. BlueDragonic

BlueDragonic Void-Bound Voyager

Hm, it should hatch relatively quickly. Not hours definitely. I am not sure what is causing this but if you can place them again and see if it works then. The only other thing I can think of is about the dimensions of the barn, it is big enough to house a flufalo?

6. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

I was having a little fluffalo shelter and they hatched after a day cough cough
    I don't know what is the reason with the hatch lenghts but everytime it was less room for the egg the more it hatched, at least i think that happend to me