REQUEST FARMER WANTS A HAREM?!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by parley245, Mar 14, 2016.

Tags:
?

HAREM MOD?

1. YAY!!

335 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. BOO!!

24 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. parley245

parley245 Space Hobo

Hello people i was wondering why marry just 1 girl or boy? when you can marry all of them and have them all live with you and have all their babies?! lmao

you know you want this.. especially the anime lovers <3

[​IMG]

Baconfry, Gabaw, thiensuxauxi and 2 others like this.
    • pqkluan

pqkluan Void-Bound Voyager

:nuruhype: I need this to spread the luv to my waifus :nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt:

• Leloup

Leloup Seal Broken

I'm shocked there isn't one yet, saddens me, i want to give my love to every one of them ;-;

-lowkey- Jas loli-route also pls

Baconfry, Davrial and Zero Zet like this.
        • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Think there's just so many considerations to take into account with a Harem mod no one wants to undertake it quite yet. Even if it's probably the most requested mod on these forums.

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

I want this type of mod because I love almost all the ladies and they would all make for great marriage candidates and I just feel so bad having to choose one over the others.
            Except Haley. She's a cool gal but not wife material.

• Hobro

Hobro Void-Bound Voyager

For a mod like this I would imagine you would need a new "spouse room" that made a bit more sense. An "all-the-ladies" room with a bit more decor and size perhaps?

• AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

I have a save married to each girl including Haley. She's insecure about herself which is a nice realistic perspective.

• MrCr4zyM4n

MrCr4zyM4n Space Spelunker

I've got an idea on how this could be done. There could be 2 new hallways that could be created, 1 to connect the female spouses rooms together and the other for the male spouses rooms. I quickly drew a example for this idea so sorry for the bad quality, i'm not good at drawing things on pc with a mouse. I would do this myself but i'm still adept with the map editor program. I also would know how to code the multi-marriage part of a harem mod. So if anyone knows anyone would could be able to do this then great. :)
                  Example.png

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Eek... this layout is no where near possible for the farmhouse or any of its upgrades, sorry. That map and its variances are super fickle.

Also how do you propose the game read multiple marriages?

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

Probably some kind of indexing system that just registers each person into the list and then assigns each of them the married behaviors. As for how you'd go about housing them I dont know. Would probably just have to cram them all in a normal sized house.
                      Probably not possible until Farmhand though. Might be finally possible once Farmhand does come out tho, so that's a neat thing to look forward to.

taintedwheat likes this.
                      • Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Child marriage content is prohibited on the forums.

• MrCr4zyM4n

MrCr4zyM4n Space Spelunker

It was just a thought i had in my head. The hallways could just be extra rooms the can be purchased, for instance when you get married once you can buy a upgrade that allows for 2 spouses. Eventually you would have purchased all 9 of the upgrades (i say 9 because there already is a spouse room in the farmhouse, and there is ten spouses but most of you probably already know that). After all the farmhouse is bigger on the inside then it is on the outside it seems, almost like a Tardis just not being able to travel through time and space. There is another option to how this mod could be done, Hobro had a good idea on a new spouse room. The room could either just be a room with all the spouses room connected next to each other, or it could just be a new room entirely. The multi-marriage part could be coded kind of like the UFO mod for Skyrim. Oh and there is a mod that adds 3 new areas to the farmhouse so the idea of adding another room to the farmhouse isn't to far out of reach

Look on the Stardew Valley mods website, i've already seen mods that allow you to marry any of the characters in the game. (If you don't know how to get to the website ill just add a link here)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
                          • Shinrai

Shinrai Space Spelunker

1 partner is stress enough. Don't need 4 other guys or more lurking around and tell me to bring money home, make them their food and presents and then educate the children because they just don't have the time for anything....:p Sorry, not a big fan of harem ideas :) I heard you can date everyone, even if you are married (though you will get hit with rolling pins & pans if you cheat ;)). So basically there is a harem option ingame already, but not quite like OP wants it.

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

That's not a harem option. At all. Also, you can't date them. It's just hitting on them. And if you are already married it makes your spouse mad so it's a bad thing to do.
                              Also, if you don't like harem ideas, why are you even commenting on here? This thread is for people who do want it, and trying to figure out how it would work.

jancojica, Hammurabi and Cemo like this.
                              • Shinrai

Shinrai Space Spelunker

Wow ok sorry, didn't know it is just for harem fans (though i ask myself why there is a poll where you can vote if u want it or not. Thought opinions can be posted here.). Didn't want to offend anyone. Anyway bye :) *goes off on her broomstick*

PS: I know the current system is bad because of cheating etc. That it doesn't feel good. I wasn't talking about that i kind of like that system in any way.

• Cimeni

Cimeni Phantasmal Quasar

A harem system in a game like this would completely destroy a lot of the characters. For those that don't care about the characters, sure, it works fine. Those that do probably wouldn't touch something like this.

That said, on a technical side, it'd be a lot of work (if possible) for very little reward, because the game doesn't seem coded for this kind of thing.

Good luck on getting it to work, though! Because the same thing might definitely help with the farm hand idea +w+

Shinrai likes this.
                                  • taintedwheat

I know that, I helped with the general design process of that mod and released my own version of the final house upgrade.

And those areas you are talking about aren't actually connected to any of the main areas for the sole reason it even works. The game will straight up CTD if you mess with the walls that's already been established. It's pretty much hardcoded, so there's no way to do a bedroom like that. At least not on the first floor - because, hell nah the game won't let you do anything like that or you'd see a lot of edited layouts of the house otherwise.

There's only so much more space you can add to those areas. I mean your idea is doable if you nixed anything else sure. However, it just it would show an obvious power-structure that shouldn't happen in a polyamorous relationships like that (unless you figure out a way to rotate partners into the main bed).
                                    Also, you'd need to like config (if it isn't hardcoded because you're only supposed to be married to one person at a time) to establish that they sleep bellow. In the basement. Because it can't get connected to the house.

Not very sister-wivey if it has to result to that.

As for my actual interest in having such a layout - nah I'm good. It would be interesting to see someone accomplish something similar to this, however, you know, I would be more interested in concepts like SMT Persona games have or have more flirt options with cut scenes.

It'd be cool to make your spouse be hella chill with it too.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
                                    • Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

Don't you know? The best harems are kept in private dungeons ;)

taintedwheat likes this.
                                      • taintedwheat

Ok, kinda hot. Everyone should have one of those.

• AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

Who doesn't want a private dungeon? But for now we the best we can do is Undare's mods over on nexus valley.

Davrial and taintedwheat like this.