RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Pairaka

Pairaka Space Hobo

Coming over from the other thread.

I have no idea what the problem was, but it seems to have fixed itself. Things started collecting again. I was getting an error when it first loaded, but I'm suspecting that once I have both updated mods it will go away (which it did). So far, it's been working great, though.

However, I did want to point something out that causes me problems and causes both mods to be ignored when loading. It's the file structure. When I unzip it, it produces filenames like this (both of them, not just the barn door opener):

[​IMG]

When I try to start the game, I get this in the terminal:

[​IMG]

I have to go in and rename the files and remove everything before that "\". Then things work properly. I'm guessing that it should be a "/" instead (based on something about another mod I was looking at).

• khoanguyen0497

khoanguyen0497 Void-Bound Voyager

I had this problem before (when SMAPI was 1.3, it was a red error), when I deactivated the mods, I had to go to .cache folder to delete the mods

• Furikuri

Furikuri Void-Bound Voyager

I don't suppose it's possible to automate collection from Fruit Trees?

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Feature request: treat the greenhouse as an animal building for purposes of harvesting everything inside. Don't know if it is even remotely viable, though.

• nikiforov

nikiforov Void-Bound Voyager

Here's possibly a bit of a stupid question... I hope it wasn't addressed already. Are other chest mods incompatible with this one? i.e. Chests Anywhere? I tried a chest + furnace setup and nothing happened. I can list the other mods I have if need be. Sorry.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and forgot to put coal in the chest. My apologies for the wasted post...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
            • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

For the automatic barn doors mod, is there a way to prevent the barns and coops from automatically opening their doors on days when it's raining/storming or in winter entirely?

Edit: Oh it looks like the mod keeps them closed through winter. I'll see if they also stay closed during rain or storms; sorry for the comment!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
              • Samcambolt270

Samcambolt270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i dont know if this was already answered or not, but is there a config option or some other way to turn off item collection notifications? perhaps a mod that replaces the sound with a silent sound?

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

They stay closed on every day but sunny and nice days save for during winter, so don't worry. I can confirm this.

Edit: By the way does anyone know how to disable mills and Jumino huts from being part of the automated process?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
                  • Nova25

Nova25 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

As far as I know, stardewvalleymods steals content from other users from here and nexusmods to upload there in order to make money from downloads. I'd stick to this thread and only use the content here.

springacres, xangria and Androxilogin like this.
                    • ekffie

ekffie Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi Maddy,
                      I updated smapi to 1.8 today and the mod stopped working - did run fine with 1.7
                      here is the smapi log :

Attached Files:

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I've updated to SMAPI 1.8 and the mod works fine for me still. Did you make sure to check github for the latest release?

• ekffie

ekffie Subatomic Cosmonaut

yes, I did. hmm. I reverted back to smapi 1.7 and played couple of days - will test this again..

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Looks to be a duplicate key error (I don't read German, unfortunately, so that's what Google says. :rofl:) Can you confirm what version you're running and if the error is still an issue? If so, any particulars that might be strange about your setup, such as chests connected to themselves via paths or tons of machines or chests hooked up to the same circuit? Near as I can tell based on that bit of log, it's trying to look at the same tile twice and not happy about it.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

I haven't forgotten about this. I've found the issue, just haven't had the time to rebuild the build scripts to correct it yet.

• chojustin

chojustin Void-Bound Voyager

I get this error after the mod worked for such a long time. Want to try to fix it.

Attached Files:

• chojustin

chojustin Void-Bound Voyager

Also getting this:

Attached Files:

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

There's a ton of errors in both log files and they don't really look like they're generated by ItemCollector. Did you recently update SMAPI? If so and some of the calls changed, it's possible that ItemCollector and other mods (Like CJB's cheat menu) are partially incompatible.

• ceramic_pizza

ceramic_pizza Intergalactic Tourist

It may be my internet so I'll have to check it out tomorrow but I can't download the zip file on git. When I click FarmAutomation.ItemCollector_Unofficial-v0.3.0.1.zip it takes gforever to load to a page that syas
                                      github-cloud.s3.amazonaws.com took too long to respond.

I assume is the package cause the source files didn't work. If I was supposed to use the source file to load the mod how would I do that? thanks.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

That'd be the correct link and Amazon kinda blew up today which github uses so yeah.