RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Finally recovered everything! I think! It's now hosted on GitHub, so anyone interested, feel free to grab the source. Here's the link to the latest (0.3.0.0 as of this writing) version - https://github.com/maduin81/FarmAutomation_Unofficial/releases/latest.

If you encounter any bugs, and it's very possible as this is basically tons of copy/paste and edit work to restore the project. Thanks for the support guys~

oldfarmer93 likes this.
    • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

As of SMAPI 1.3+, SMAPI *should* handle cross-OS compatibility for you, so you no longer have to release multiple versions of the same mod. Pathos is a friggen genius.

You've got a slight error in your code. The files produced have what appears to be a sub-directory built into the name. i.e. FarmAutomation.ItemCollector\ItemCollectorConfiguration.json as a single file name.

Also, I don't know if you've re-enabled Shed support yet

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the feedback~

Yeah, the changes I made for cross-OS were to use the new methods provided by SMAPI for directory and configuration grabbing. I don't have a test bed for linux or mac, though, so I'm relying on you guys to say if it doesn't work.

As far as the file name, I'm not seeing that file anywhere? There should be a sub-directory of "FarmAutomation.ItemCollector" and a file of "ItemCollectorConfiguration.json". But within that folder, you're seeing a file called "FarmAutomation.ItemCollector\ItemCollectorConfiguration.json"?

I'm not aware of any issues with the Shed? I've never disabled it and it seems to work fine for me. Is it not working for you?

Edit: I did have an extra directory included with the BarnDoorAutomation mod by accident, I've removed and updated the release zip for that one.

• ShneekeyTheLost

Well, I happen to be on Linux, so I will certainly be testing it out for you.

Unfortunately, there is no sub-folder. The file "FarmAutomation.ItemCollector\ItemCollectorConfiguration.json" is in the home folder. This is in the .zip file I downloaded from your github. When you use the 'extract here' it creates a folder called "FarmAutomation.ItemCollector_Unofficial-v0.3.0.0" and places these files in it.

Once I try to rename the files and create the appropriate folder to put them in, I will test it out and see. I've got a couple of sheds with stuff in them, so we'll find out pretty quick. It simply wasn't listed on the locations.

UPDATE: After changing the name of the folder and the files, everything seems to be working normally, and sheds appear to be supported.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
          • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

That's strange, I'm not seeing an issue with the zip -

Doing "Extract Here" in the mod folder, I get "FarmAutomation.ItemCollector", which then contains "FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.dll", "FarmAutomation.Common.dll", "manifest.json", and "ItemCollectorConfiguration.json". I'm using the original author's build scripts and have never had to do any sort of zipping on linux, so I'm wondering if somewhere along the lines that's where the issue is coming from, I'll do some digging around on that.

As far as the shed, yeah, I don't think it has to be listed in locations. It's a building, identical to the coop and barn, and not really a location. Cellar is definitely a location though, so that's why it's in there. Keep me posted, though.

Edit: It looks like you already did and I'm slow. Thank you so much for the feedback, I'll keep digging into the filename issue to see if I can come across a cause.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
            • Cfielder

Cfielder Big Damn Hero

Love this mod and glad to see it being worked on

That said, ran into a small issue. With a Mill built the mod would handle the animals then stop working. It may be because I have the mill in contact with the (currently unrestored) greenhouse. Setting the Input/output from the mill to false seemed to resolve the issue.

Thanks for your hard work!

• ShneekeyTheLost

Minor detail: whenever you have an overnight scene (such as a bundle room completion or a Joja purchase), you get a message '<your animal> is trying to sleep', and in the morning, the animals are not petted. Products still get harvested, though, due to how collections happen.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

I'm not able to reproduce that issue. If you're still experiencing it, by any chance can you pack up your save and send it to me so that I can give it a look?

Good catch~ I may look at changing the petting to occur at 6:10 or something, that should catch it, I think.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@maddy99 Posted this earlier in response to someone else, but the config file you give has an anomaly in the Oil Maker; there should not be a Red Mushroom entry, instead it should be Sunflower.

• lyscir

lyscir Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I've been looking through the config file and I saw parts with animals, what settings do I need to change so that it doesn't pet/harvest anything from my animals? (I got a separate mod for all that and I don't want them to conflict.)

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

New version up! Here is what's covered~

Hrmm.. I pulled the recipes from the wiki a while back and for some reason it had Red Mushroom listed for the Oil Maker, thanks for pointing out the error, I've changed it to be Sunflower in the latest release.

You'll want to set PetAnimals to false, also I've added a new option in v0.3.0.1, BuildingsToIgnore. If you want to avoid collecting from any animals, just change that line to "BuildingsToIgnore": "Coop, Barn, SlimeHutch". I've only done limited testing on that so let me know if you have any issues.

• KatGamer

KatGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This morning this mod partly stopped working for me. I had a chest that was automatically feeding milk and eggs to my cheese and mayonnaise machines. I tried to connect my loom with a wooden path so I could put fiber in there too, and it stopped working. I removed the path so it was back to the same as before, but it won't work. I've tried restarting the game. Attached is the screenshot with the error I'm getting.

If it matters, the mayo and cheese machines had one empty square between them. The chest was back 2 spaces and connected to each by wooden path. When I put the loom in the middle, I tried to connect it with path which made the path go circular. Removing that middle piece of path didn't fix it. :(

So it looked like this, where P is path, C is chest, H is cheese machine, L is loom, X is empty space, and M is mayo machine:

P C P
                          P X P
                          H L M

When I put path at X is when it broke.

EDITED TO ADD : I think it's not doing anything that comes after that point because my kegs, which are halfway across the farm and connected to a separate chest, aren't being loaded either.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
                          • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

If you're also using the BarnDoorAutomation mod, make sure you're using the new one I posted (v0.3.0.0), the error is that its missing code that I had to add to the FarmAutomation.Common.dll, which would only happen if that file was already loaded(BarnDoorAutomation uses it as well) and it was the wrong version.

• KatGamer

Thanks, I updated that one as well and that fixed it!!

• ShneekeyTheLost

FYI:

[18:31:49 INFO SMAPI] FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector used Extensions.Cast, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.

Just thought you might like to know. It isn't breaking anything, at least not YET, but you may want to be a bit proactive and make sure that bit is handled before it breaks everything.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Strange, I'm not getting that message. I'd updated all the deprecated code and don't have any Extensions usages at all. The only casts I'm using at all are System.Collections.IEnumerable.Cast, in fact. Is this happening at game startup or at some other time?

• ShneekeyTheLost

In the morning when the automation is doing its thing. Maybe I'm using the wrong version? I'm downloading from https://github.com/maduin81/FarmAutomation_Unofficial/releases/tag/v0.3.0.1 and downloading FarmAutomation.ItemCollector_Unofficial-v0.3.0.1.zip

Which, by the way, still has issues with directories being in the file names. The interesting thing is that the manifest.json shows the following:

Code:
                                      "Version": {
                                      "Build": "1",
                                      "MajorVersion": "1",
                                      "MinorVersion": "0",
                                      "VersionString":  "1.0"
                                    which doesn't seem right.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Confirmed, but definitely strange. There's no code calling those methods. I'm wondering if SMAPI itself might be referencing them behind the scenes. I'll keep looking into it. As far as the manifest.json. Yeah, the documentation basically included those values and didn't say to change them, so the original author, nor I, have bothered to. I suppose I could bump it there, I don't think it breaks anything.

• KatGamer

Just an FYI that I've seen that message too about being deprecated in future versions.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I haven't tested the mod myself, but it's possible you meant to use IEnumerable.Cast and ended up using SMAPI's extension instead. Unfortunately the signatures conflict, so SMAPI's extension can block the enumerable extension. You may need to call the enumerable extension explicitly to avoid that until SMAPI removes it.