RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Sure this isn't just the Barndoor Automation issue described in previous posts? Because I've had no issues with the latest SMAPI (1.1.1) and this mod; everything is working fine. Could be the barndoor mod or another mod causing a conflict. There is some deprecated code that this mod still uses which would need an update before SMAPI removes them, and the only other anomaly is that it runs a collection check on the title/load save page (which throws an exception that doesn't really hurt anything, but should also probably be looked at). Functionally, though, everything still works.

• Necuz

Necuz Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks, I really appreciate the work you put into this mod!

It appears I broke the mod by adding some new locations to the game which I didn't add to ItemCollectorConfiguration.json file under "LocationsToSearch":
      The mod started working again fine after adding these locations. I'm sorry for the confusion.

• Oxidasa_oxidaiye

Oxidasa_oxidaiye Starship Captain

Whenever an item is collected to a chest, the game UI shows the player that that item was collected by showing an image in the lower-left corner of the screen. Is there a way to turn this annoying feature off ?...thanks in advance

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

As of right now, nope. It has to do with some of the fundamental mechanics of how the mod collects items. A 'fake' farmer is used to activate the machines, temporarily stores the items in its own inventory (which is why you get the notification since it uses your ID and using a fake ID breaks the mod, I've tried), then moves them to a chest. I've not done any dramatic rewrites of the collection process itself, so it's not currently something that can be changed.

• Oxidasa_oxidaiye

ohhh, that's a shame. Well, it's kinda annoying to have my 30 tappers producing syrup and constantly seeing the "Mapple Syrup" message all the time, guess i have to get used to it. :(

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Crab Pots aren't giving XP when automatically collected.

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/584/?

This mod over on the Nexus collects them and gives you the 5 fishing XP per pot as intended. Might want to look into how he did it and see if it can be applied here, surprised no one else has reported this.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
                oldfarmer93 and pengkuang12 like this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The upcoming SMAPI 1.3 patches mods so they works on Linux, Mac, and Windows without needing separate versions. It stores the patched DLLs in a separate Mods\.cache directory.

This mod finds its config file by calling Assembly.GetCallingAssembly().Location, but in SMAPI 1.3+ that will return the .cache directory. You should use the mod's Helper.DirectoryPath property instead, or even better use the new config API which doesn't need you to specify the path. If the source code is available, let me know if you'd like me to submit a pull request to fix it. :)

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

I don't mind a bit to make these changes. Unfortunately, my hard drive took a nosedive and I've yet to commit any code for this anywhere. So I'm currently in the process of trying to recover the solution so that I can make those changes. It may be easier for me to just disassemble the DLL, but I'll keep you updated.

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Oh no, hope everything ends up ok, Maddy.

• BA20020

BA20020 Space Spelunker

First, let me give a big thank you for continuing development of this incredibly useful mod. It has helped the game to not be quite so tedious around gathering and reloading everything.

Since recently upgrading to the SDV 1.11 from 1.07, I noticed that the most recent version of this mod (0.2.6.2 as of writing) is not gathering from my bee houses and crystalariums. Otherwise, it seems to be working beautifully.

I saw that you've been having hard drive issues. I hope you get things sorted out OK and have backups of everything important!

• khoanguyen0497

khoanguyen0497 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having some problems starting up the game, with this error, hope you can fix it, and thanks very much for the hard work:
                        [18:16:41 ERROR SMAPI] Couldn't load mod for manifest 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\FarmAutomation.ItemCollector\manifest.json': an error occurred while loading the target DLL.
                        System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        at FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.ItemCollectorMod..ctor()
                        --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                        at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
                        at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                        at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                        at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
                        at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                        at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
                        at System.Reflection.Assembly.CreateInstance(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
                        at System.Reflection.Assembly.CreateInstance(String typeName)
                        at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods() in D:\source\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 445

• khoanguyen0497

Nevermind guys, I fixed it by going to the cache folder and delete the old ItemCollector (the BETA one from the previous author).

• cybernet377

cybernet377 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having an issue. Crab pots aren't automating when placed in freshwater. Only the Farm and the ocean works.

I thought it was a feature, not a bug, to prevent people like me from skyrocketing from lvl 5 to lvl 10 fishing in a few days of shaking the mines down for copper.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
                            • BA20020

BA20020 Space Spelunker

Ah, found a solution to my issue with the bee houses and the crystalarium by updating from 1.3 of the SMAPI to 1.4.

• khoanguyen0497

I couldn't add more floors as connector. They just don't work
                                EDIT: works now, by updating SMAPI to 1.4

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
                                • Oxidasa_oxidaiye

I have a small issue with this mod, it seems Oil Makers don't take Sun Flowers as input to make oil. They do take Sun Flower Seeds as input. Odd isn't it ?

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Open the config file, scroll down to Oil Maker, change Red Mushroom (for some reason that's how mine was) to Sunflower, or add Sunflower to the "AcceptableObjects" list.

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Where is the cache folder?

edit: Nevermind found it

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
                                      • Oxidasa_oxidaiye

ahhh.....I see, thanks.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Hey folks, just a small update on my deceased HDD, I've only been able to recover a small portion of the files from my local projects. Literally half of the ones associated with this mod, unfortunately, so I lost the majority of my changes. I finally had the time and I was able to get the rest disassembled from the compiled DLLs and am reversing it into a usable project. I hope to have the code completely restored soon (and will also be committing this to a GitHub repo to prevent this happening again). So hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll be able to get this updated for the new SMAPI and clean up the few remaining bugs soon. Thanks for everyone's patience!

oldfarmer93 likes this.