Farmable Trees

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Mackinz, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

You can have farmable plants that give you things when interacted with, or you can have plants that break into things like Unrefined Wood when you break them. There is no inbetween at the moment, and I figure that this just is not right.

Plenty of crops IRL are grown on trees that don't disappear after the fruits are harvested,and those trees can be chopped down for wood if so desired. Farmable trees should be a thing in Starbound, so Apple and Orange trees can be a thing.

2. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

Makes sense to me.

3. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Wouldn't mind seeing this. It might be interesting to be able to pluck coconuts out of the boughs of palm trees on ocean worlds without chipping down the tree, by building scaffolding, or the ability to pluck low-hanging oculemons off eyeball trees. Similarly, it would allow for apple and orange orchards, as well as walnut groves and full-sized banana trees.

I'm sure every Apex listening just went 'oooooooooook' at that last one.

Sefercil and keyra like this.
  4. keyra

keyra Intergalactic Tourist

although i'm a bit averse to trying to make games more 'realistic', i'm definitely for the idea of having harvestable everythings

i'm very fond of not having to destroy something to get something from it, especially if i like the way it looks where it is.

TheBigBlueSerpent and Sefercil like this.
  5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Just a small update for those interested:

I can't wait till he does.

6. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

I wish that implements these in the game

7. Kallyous

Kallyous Void-Bound Voyager

I. Want. This. so. Much. *0*

8. TheBigBlueSerpent

TheBigBlueSerpent Existential Complex