RELEASED Farfetch'd Brown Chickens [Pokemon]

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by SakuMo, Mar 18, 2016.

1. SakuMo

SakuMo Void-Bound Voyager

Howdy! I thought I'd contribute a little something to the Pokemon mod craze. Currently there's a mod out to turn chickens into Torchics, but I didn't like that it was used for both white and brown chickens, so I thought I'd turn Farfetch'd into brown chickens to help differentiate.

Unfortunately, the HGSS walking sprite was a tad too large to copy straight (chicken sprites are 16x16 and Farfetch'd at his widest [side] is 16x21 unaltered.). So, I had to shrink them just slightly and make some tweaks so they didn't look absolutely horrible. I did my best to make sure the sprite looks consistent from frame to frame, and it tests pretty well in game.

[​IMG]

However, should any eagle-eyes see any inconsistencies, please let me know. I've tested it for several days and haven't seen anything odd in the animations, but more eyes are better than just two, haha.

[​IMG]
    Download to Dropbox

To use: Just copy the two files (one for Baby Brown Chickens and one for Brown Chickens) and paste them into your Animals folder in the Content folder for Stardew. It will ask you to replace the files, so BE SURE TO BACKUP YOU FILES FOR SAFETY.

:slowpoke: Please let me know if you have any problems! :slowpoke:

nothungry, HiHaHi123, Going and 4 others like this.
    • Ink Dragon

Ink Dragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

could you convert this to a mod of the duck?

• SakuMo

I could. There is a Ducklett mod out for ducks, which is why I went with brown chickens because I felt there was a greater need. I'll give it a looksee later today.

• Bellsprout

Bellsprout Void-Bound Voyager

Love it! Thank you so much :)

• Ink Dragon

Ink Dragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you, and it never hurts to have a little varity

• General_Durandal

General_Durandal Big Damn Hero

If I renamed the Brown Chicken.xnb into Duck.xnb would my duck look like Farfeched?

• Seajun_

Seajun_ Heliosphere

Yep!

• General_Durandal

General_Durandal Big Damn Hero

I was using that one for a while, but I'm a Gen 1er, so I'd like to use all the Gen1 stuff I can get.
                  I actually changed the file's name to the duck's and it worked.
                  Didn't need to open it or anything, just changed the name to Duck.xnb and my ducks became Farfetch'd.

• SakuMo

I've done that with some other mods in the past. C: It really is that easy.