Far-fetched Theories and Paradoxes; The stuff that keeps you awake at night.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PWNn00bsdaily, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

At first I just thought of this as a joke but overtime this became something that keep me up at night. What would happen if someone's body were to do everything all at once? Like hiccup, burp, fart, cough, sneeze and possibly others all at the same time? Would he just explode at that point? Could that really be the possible reason why spontaneous combustion is a thing where a human will randomly burn to death seemingly at random? It is extremely stupid but really think about it. With 2000 years (not even counting BC) under our belt with billions of lives being in existent you would think by pure random chance this had happened to somebody. At this point what is the odds that it haven't? Kinda a case of infinite monkey theorem at that point.

MilkCalf likes this.
  2. Azidoazide Azide

Azidoazide Azide Void-Bound Voyager

Ooh, I have something to contribute to this thread!

Imagining the Ten Dimension in Two Minutes by Rob Bryanton. ( 2 : 35 version )

Imagining the Tenth Dimension - 2012 Version by Rob Bryanton. ( 12 : 45 version )

Imagining the Tenth Dimension - the Movie by Rob Bryanton. ( 1 : 44 : 27 version )

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  3. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

If we live in 4 dimensions, with control over three of them, would God only be in the 5th dimension to control time? Or all of the conceptual dimensions?

4. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

Oh god my brain. 2 minutes?
    I stopped at dimension 5 anyways. After that i can't understand anything beyond the progression line => plane =>space
    edit: which was then cleared up by the second much better video, to which i held on all the way to dimension 8

If you go past space-time it just becomes a boring world of probabilities and alternate timelines/universes that slowly moves away from physics and into philosophy

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  5. Azidoazide Azide

Azidoazide Azide Void-Bound Voyager

If there was a hyper-dimensional entity, I think it would probably exist as an energy being consisting of pure data in the tenth dimension. Although, if that entity existed it would mean our universe is like a single cell in it's body.

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

is there such a thing as too much fluff?

MilkCalf likes this.
  7. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

the answer is simple, no

MilkCalf likes this.
  8. HueHuey

Is there?
    [​IMG]

MilkCalf likes this.
  9. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

this is the mindfuck that pisses me off the most.
    ):<

10. HueHuey

Damn i'd completely forgotten about Vsauce.
    I am now morally obliged to watch all their videos in one sitting, all the way from IMG

My idea is that it's part of how our brain handles language

Meanwhile

The proof is simple enough, but then you feel your brain trying to escape out of your ears so it does not have to deal with the actual logic of this

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  11. FreeYourself

FreeYourself Orbital Explorer

i hope my copies are happy in other dimensions, considering what i see in my dreams one of them are got married last Sunday :)

HueHuey likes this.
  12. HueHuey

Why am i happy for an alternate universe copy of a stranger; i will never know.
    :)

Edit: it's definitely because of the stupid smile face :)
    Also, theory:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016