Modding Help Fallout Modder looking for a tutor of sorts

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ProtoTypeRaavyn, Mar 10, 2017.

1. ProtoTypeRaavyn

ProtoTypeRaavyn Void-Bound Voyager

I have been a long time modder of the Bethesda Games, here are some Examples.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18530
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18266

So I do know what I am doing when it comes to Modeling, meshing and retexturing things ingame. Which with Stardew Valley means basically nothing because everything is yamls, pngs and XNB's, yup. So I am looking for someone that I can message from time to time with questions that google can't answer. Like where is Stardew Valley's Lighting properties? Since all the PNG's from the game are washed out but the game has a bright yellow coloring to it, but not in the pngs. Google it, it gives me nothing. So yeah for the most part I can do this myself I just need someone with knowledge to help round out the jaggy bits that I can't find through google.

I already read all the modding tutorials and watched the Videos, I have predownloaded and installed all the programs I need to mod Stardew Valley. I know how to use XNB_node and tIDE. Just looking for someone whom knows Stardew valleys file system well enough to answer weird questions that google has no results for.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    • ProtoTypeRaavyn

ProtoTypeRaavyn Void-Bound Voyager

Okay well I see a lot of views and no responses so I guess I just slew the questions here then and hope for the best.

I need to know what all files effect the farm maps, all of them. (It's more than just farm, paths, spring_outdoorTileSheet, spring_town)
      I need to know what file deals with the lighting of the game
      I need to know if I was to add a new World space, is SMAPI coding will be needed.
      I need to know if an ENB would be possible for a game like SV

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
      • Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

- Most farm data is combined in the maps and tilesheets, some logic is hidden in map and tile properties, others is hardcoded to the tileindex.
        - Lighting is done in the code.
        - As far as adding new locations goes, quite a lot can be achieved with pure xnb modding, but using SMAPI gives you more options.
        - What's an ENB?

If you need help with anything, but especially SMAPI, the quickest way to get it is by joining the discord channel : https://discord.gg/V7SFD
        The people there are almost frighteningly helpful.

(On Discord I'm Routine#8715)

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Most of these are going to be found in Your Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Content folder.

Your map tilesets are found under .../Content/Maps
          Your interior tilesets (inside your house, barns, sheds, coops, etc...) are found in .../Content/Buildings
          .../Content/LooseSprites/Lighting/ is the folder which contains all the lighting stuff.
          Not just SMAPI, there's an API built called Entorax Framework and an addon called Additional Location Loader (ALL) which you can use to add new Worldspace. There's a mod currently out which adds on, for example, an entirely new farm screen to double your farm space using these as dependencies.
          No. You can do tileset swaps fairly trivially by editing the .xnb files. Basically, you unpack the .xnb using some of the tools people have developed, then edit the .jpg tileset, but there's no way to change the resolution or affect post-processing in any way.