1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Fair priced starbound hosting servers

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SAKRAY, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windbert

Windbert Intergalactic Tourist

Is their uptime good and do they have lag? Because its no use buying a cheap server if there down every other hour and lag like your grandmas outdated computer.

Also, recommendation-wise, I recommend allgamer.net

The link above to gameservers says its $39.95 for 30 players.

Allgamer has a 30 slot $30/per month package if thats the way you want to go. there other packages may seem a little odd, but if your looking for around that slot, they have worked pretty good for me!

2. Clinton

Clinton Zero Gravity Genie

Thank you! Once Starbound fixes the memory leak and optimizes a little more we'll probably be changing our prices to be cheaper for most of our plans. We may not be the absolute cheapest, but when you pay a little more we try to give you a lot more for your money in return in performance, service, and low latency.

supernet2 likes this.
  3. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

cant go wrong with http://community.playstarbound.com/...eu-starting-at-8-lowlatencyservers-com.60230/ literally $8 for a 10player slot? Well... then i'd check it out.
    I'd do what he says its what i do.

Heck if your playing from a host machine, just do simple port forwarding, open up port 21025 and grab your global ip. Tell your friend it, give em the setup password you define in starbound.config in root directory of starbound install location (its generated AFTER you start starbound_server.exe /linux distro in linux folder*)

No reason to pay for something if you wanna have a server up just for when you and your friend are around. Its what i do, i put up a server on my old htc 4g evo and can host at least 10 people on the lil sucker. Just flash it with linux for when i wanna use it as craptastical phone server unit.

Edit:

Keep in mind the old HTC evo 4g has 1ghz cpu, and 512mb ram, if you do ramdisk with it on the flash memory and expand it to 4-8gb ram you should be fine. Considering its 1ghz if you OC it to 1.2 it should still be stable to run for what you want it to do.

4. star-bounded

star-bounded Space Hobo

5. buddyit89

buddyit89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

6. Spacefishlarry

Spacefishlarry Space Hobo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.