1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Fair priced starbound hosting servers

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SAKRAY, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsproggy

Tsproggy Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sorry to ask but you're making sure to end the server before you edit the configuration files and save them before opening your server again right?

Also, that guy advertising this service said that their support was spot on so you could try submitting a ticket to them!

2. PPP_Machi

PPP_Machi Astral Cartographer

I think what @Bifurcator means is that he is trying to stop the server in his control panel, and it says it is stopped, but the actual server is still online, thus preventing him from making any changes.

3. Bifurcator

Bifurcator Space Hobo

Exactly. The server by all indications should be stopped. Though there is still a server with people on it at the IP/PORT given to me. I have access to an FTP. When I stop the server, delete the log and start the server, a new log appears. Though connecting to the IP given seems to connect me to some other server. I submitted a ticket a bit over an hour ago now. Probably will dispute the charges with paypal and move on.

4. ProfessorShyguy

ProfessorShyguy Space Hobo

Hey PPP_Oliver, I read this thread and decided to sign up. Can't say I'm having the best experience. I'm supposed to stream in less than an hour and I can't log in because the server is out of date. I opened a support ticket over an hour ago and have no response. Leaving me up a very thick creek.

Plus, when I first signed up, I had to wait almost 24 hours just to use my server because I couldn't log in. Needless to say, I'm not loving it.

5. PPP_Machi

In that case, I assume your server is actually set up and working, but the software they use provided you with an IP and/or a port that is different from the one your server is actually on. I would give them some more time to resolve the issue before you dispute the payment tho, altho they shouldn't claim to be able to deal with issues within an hour if they cannot do so.
    Things like this happen and the host isn't always to blame for it, it might just be the software they use to set up servers automatically that provided you with a wrong IP.

Ontopic: @SAKRAY, have you found a server host yet?

6. Bifurcator

Bifurcator Space Hobo

I have disputed the charges, and rented some where else. Wanted to start playing with my friends, not sit around and wait. Error in his system maybe, but he shouldn't claim such support times as that is what I was expecting and did not get. So I have moved on.

7. PPP_Machi

@Bifurcator
    Sadly those claims are how most webhosting companies get customers, it's partially due to customers not buying any services when they would put up their actual ticket response times. (Basically they have to lie to get customers)
    Personally I'd rather have a host with a 24 hour response time that sticks to their promise than a host that claims to respond within 1 or 2 hours and doesn't deliver.

8. Bifurcator

Bifurcator Space Hobo

For those who are interested. I ended up going with a server from https://simplenode.co/starbound. It's perfect so far. No issues. Got up and running in a few minutes.

On topic:
    The few hosts around will be a bit pricey until they can sell server slots. I looked for days before finally trying one.

9. simplenode

simplenode Void-Bound Voyager

We're glad you're enjoying the server! The main reason for the relatively high pricing is because of starbound's high CPU usage. We were actually the first starbound host out (as far as I know), it took a bit of work to figure out a fair price :)

10. SinReaper

SinReaper Void-Bound Voyager

Is Simplenode quick to update? Are the servers updated to the recent hotfix 622?

This is important to me as during these phases as the updates are coming along quickly.

11. Churpy

Churpy Void-Bound Voyager

And this is why you don't advertise your hosting company where it doesn't really have a place to be advertised, kids.

Thrakx likes this.
  12. simplenode

simplenode Void-Bound Voyager

We've got an automatic update system, usually deploys updates directly from steam within ~20 minutes of the update going live.

13. Dubious_Z

Dubious_Z Big Damn Hero

So you can go to evolve, which is free, and host your servers there it is very simple to learn how to do and it works with a lot of other games as well. The website is www.evolvehq.com

14. kidlion

kidlion Space Hobo

I have never gotten to work well. The one time it did, the lag was huge and the file size an extra download is annoying.

15. Tsproggy

Tsproggy Void-Bound Voyager

Small download to address a big problem seems painless to me. Your problem was most likely connecting to people whom weren't local to you hence the latency or your computer lacks the power to play games and you had FPS lag.

16. Halaster

Halaster Space Spelunker

I just set up a server through them, and EXACT same problem.
    Server is stopped in their web control panel, but I can still connect to it. None of the changes I have made to every single config file have taken place. Presumable, because the server I am telling to stop and start with the new config files is not the one I am actually connected to.

They need to fix this stuff before they advertise best prices.

Edit: User error on my part. They are running multiple servers at the same IP address on different ports apparently.
    Leaving out the port causes you to connect to one that is not your own. Updating server to latest version to attempt again.

Additional Edit: Even with the correct port it appears I cannot access it. It says the server is running an older version than the client. I even ran their Steam Update, watched it update, restarted it, and tried to access it again and it still would not work. Older version. Annoying since on the default port there IS a server running, its just not mine.

Attempting a full server reinstall then update to see if it addresses the problem.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  17. Halaster

Halaster Space Spelunker

Yep, full reinstall does not fix the problem.
    Did the update and it updated fine, attempted a second update and it says it is already fully up to date.

Try to connect and it says the server is version 621, while I am 622.

Just canceled service and requested a refund explaining in detail the problems. They list ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS in anything but site credit, but I requested anyways and said if I cant get one ill just process it through Paypal.

I was really hoping stuff would just work through them, because they do have the best prices.

I opened a ticket regarding a web server and they were very responsive, answering in under an hour, but if the actual server itself does not work without contacting them to make it its not ready to be sold.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  18. Clinton

Clinton Zero Gravity Genie

I'd like an opportunity to throw my company into the mix. Right now we're still setting up pricing, however if you'd like to get a starbound server online that just works use our demand system: http://xylona.allgamer.net we're almost out of stock . If you like the server you can buy it at a later date. We also have a presence on IRC.

19. Nitrado.net

Nitrado.net Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

Nitrado.net is one hoster, that offers Starbound gameservers that were hosted in Germany, Frankfurt am Main. This location is one of the best for perfect pings all over Europe.

The offers begin from 4,00 EUR per month. Or you rent a server for 3 days and test our system :)
    Everything is pre-paid and the ordered servers are instant online. All servers 24/7 online, and you can contact our support via email or phone.

For more information check out Nitrado.net
    English version
    German version

Please let us know if you have any questions or problems!
    Our support can be reached via Ticket form: english support or german support

greetings!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  20. Ironsolid

Ironsolid Seal Broken

I'd like to give a thumbs up to SimpleNode, had some problems with the setup, but once my server was provisioned properly, I had zero problems. I do however believe they should be offering slightly more capable server at their minimum. This game is freaking huge, and having more than 3 people on the server can cause a little bit of lag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.