1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Extended Songbook 2.2

Bigger songbook window

1. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

You know, an improvement to this could be to make it all one single mod. Having the ability to click a button and pull out the wide view from the slim view. Even a button for the original to pull out into the slim view. Basically 3 buttons to switch views from normal, slim and wide. And it'd all be one single mod.

3. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

I mean to do that but as it is right now you are not able to modify the UI to that extent.

4. joriandrake

joriandrake Subatomic Cosmonaut

Svarr Chanston and v6ooo like this.
  5. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

"Renamed original release to slim so the 2 versions are now named slim & wide."

Makes me think of a criminal duo. o.o

joriandrake likes this.
  6. joriandrake

joriandrake Subatomic Cosmonaut

:rofl:

Now that you say it, that is true, but for me the first thing it reminded me of were these two:

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  7. Maskrising

Maskrising Subatomic Cosmonaut

I know this isn't part of your mod but.... maybe throw in tons of songs in a side folder to go with the mod? o3o help some of us noobs get those sons our friends have like rick roll and stuff

8. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

If you just click back to the Musical Instrument mod category, you'll find lots of song packs. There's also some under the same category in the forums that were never released as mods.

For example, Quatroking has compiled all his instruments, songs and he even includes Extended Songbook Wide into a single mod called Mighty Music: Pack Edition
    but if you would prefer just the songs there's Mighty Music Songpack

There's so many and there's more showing up all the time. Just spend more than a few seconds looking and I promise you'll find them all.

See you StarBard

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  9. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would love to see a word search filtering feature to help those who have large collection of files.

10. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Not possible yet.

Categorizing by placing them inside folders is the best you can do.

11. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

My aim with this mod is to make the songbook easier to use and navigate.

I have a few ideas how to make it better but we are not able to mod the interface so I can't really do anything about it right now.

The first change I would like to make is to remove the different versions. Merging both slim and wide into a toggle-able version would be optimal but if I have to, I might consider dropping slim.

Second would be some kind of filtering. Search field would be the best but being able to filter songs depending on the instrument you're holding might also be an idea.

Third but not least would be the way songs are shown. I don't like the way songs are shown right now. I have some ideas on how to make categorization easier as well as navigating the categories. I won't go into it because it might not be possible even later on and I don't want to promise too much.

I also want to package the files up into a single .modpack file for easy installation & distribution.
    The last update to unstable branch means we don't have to change the version string every update and considering my mod does not have any dependencies and that the songbook is rarely touched should mean that it will continue to work after most patches without any changes. Therefor it makes sense to package it as a single file.
    Modpaks are currently broken in the stable branch and Kyren has told me that a fix will be pushed to unstable branch but I don't know when these changes will come to the stable branch so will also have to wait with that.

12. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I shall eagerly await for such functionality to be made available to us in the near future! :)

13. Maskrising

what about dragon force? or castle vania :3 also how would we catagorise the songs... like how wouldwe make our own playlist and stuff :D

14. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

You should probably ask someone who actually makes songs or song packs. I don't know who takes requests.

Whatever songs are in your songs directory show up, there's no way around this.
    The only thing you can do is to remove them or put them in different directories.

explanation.png

15. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

There are some pretty strict limitations to the UI and resizable windows are not possible.

The game resizes the UI from 1:1 to 2:1 whenever size of game window passes 1000 width or 500 height.

• What resolution are you playing in?
    • Are any other windows appearing offscreen and how much space is there left to show the whole window?

Edit: I think it would make more sense if the game changed size to 1:1 at 600px height instead of 500.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  16. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

When playing in windowed mode, I run it in 640 x 360 with 1x scaling and 1:1 UI.
    In full screen, I run it in 1280 x 720 with 2x scaling and 2:1 UI.

In these sizes, there isn't enough height to perfectly show the entire songbook window, but at the very least I can still move it. As far as I'm concerned, this isn't an issue under these settings. Other windows can be seen perfectly.

It only becomes an issue if the game is run under default windowed resolution settings (1000x600). Under this setting is where the title bar will be completely offscreen and we wouldn't be able to move the window at all. There'd have to be a disclaimer that the display settings require a height of 700px or higher so that the window doesn't feel so cramped and in the way.

I'd have to agree with making the height proximity for UI scaling be set to 600px.

17. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

I never play at those resolutions that I never considered the window might not be fully shown.

I will try and make a few changes in the coming days to support a few more resolutions but it will most likely mean dropping a couple of lines in the song list or making a completely new look for the songbook. 1280x720 is a resolution I really want to support but it also means I need to get rid of almost 50 pixels.

One thing I don't want to do is make more versions of the mod. The default songbook isn't that bad anymore since the change made March 14th but it still doesn't show as much as mine does.

The reason why the title bar is more outside than the bottom is because how we have to add shadows to the UI. The game doesn't generate them, you draw them onto the actual images that make up the UI window. The game then tries to center the windows so it will always seem like it pushes it more to the top than bottom when in reality it is completely centered.

--- No need to read below ---

1:1 scale, 360 = barely fits, anything lower is unusable
    2:1 scale, 500-730 = unusable, usable around 760

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  18. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

@Oddbrother

I don't have any more time for today but I made a version that should work in 1280x720.
    It is roughly 3 lines shorter and has a few unnecessary pixels removed.

:scissors: *removed outdated link*

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Oddbrother likes this.
  19. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

Great! Much appreciated.

20. Maskrising

whats good place to find songs like meme songs?