1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Extended Ship Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Crystalwolf, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Katlatze

Katlatze Pangalactic Porcupine

That mod replaces the "dropship.structure" file which is why it isn't working with mine (I used different names for my files so they wouldn't overwrite the default ship image files). If you open the "dropship.structure" file from Arrangeable Ship Interiors in notepad and change the following lines:

"image" to "image" : "dropship2.png",

and

"blockImage" to "blockImage" : "dropshipblocks2.png"
    It will probably work.

(Also, be sure to put that file in AFTER dragging my files in so that it overwrites mine)

2. ThisIsGoobly

ThisIsGoobly Phantasmal Quasar

Alright, I'll give this a go. I suppose I should do the same with the Human Extended Ships as the patch doesn't include those.

EDIT: It worked! I've got a big ass ship! :D

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Katlatze likes this.
  3. Rik

Rik Industrial Terraformer

Curious. Does that airlock allow you to properly leave the ship? if so, I'd say that's pretty danm neat.

4. It's not airlock, it is observation room :D

5. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WarStalkeR, you're the only person ive seen who puts all the rest of the ship below. Makes so much sense too... Piloting/cockpit should be at the top of the ship

6. Hexerin

Hexerin Existential Complex

bug report: floran ship provides apex starting items.

7. HarleyD

HarleyD Space Spelunker

This stuff should come default in the game. Seriously. As well as having multiple ships. Please :(? PLEASE?!

8. Okash

Okash Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

I'm trying below also (although tiny) - can't figure out how to add stairs at startup though. I am assuming it's because they are a material. Did you figure it out, WarStalkeR?

9. ThisIsGoobly

ThisIsGoobly Phantasmal Quasar

Damn, I really want to get into modding Starbound but the best I can do is add more words for the random name generators for weapons to use and to add more text for NPC's to say. How do you go about doing stuff like this?

10. Xuhybrid

Nice start :D

Im assuming you can just map the tile type using the .structure file if you want.

Code:
        {
          "value" : [0, 0, 255, 255],
          "foregroundBlock" : false,
          "backgroundBlock" : true
        },
    You set the colour that your stairs are, and whether its foreground/background. There's plenty of properties available it seems.

11. Okash

Okash Void-Bound Voyager

yup - playing around with it atm - but I cannot figure out what to reference the platform as or how to set the color - there's nothing in any of the ship structure files that have anything similar (platforms are not objects, they are under "tiles" and have .material files)

12. Xuhybrid

I think it'd be an 'object', in contrast to a 'backgroundMat'

Code:
          "backgroundMat" : "apexshipdetails",
          "object" : "apexshiplight"

13. Katlatze

Katlatze Pangalactic Porcupine

It looks as if you can add additional colours=objects in the structures file. You could try something like:

{
    "value" : [255, 10, 0, 255], (An arbitrary colour close to red you would use as the pixel colour)
    "foregroundBlock" : true,
    "backgroundBlock" : false,
    "object" : "woodenplatform"
    },

14. Xuhybrid

Any plans to make one of these for every ship? Im analysing your method and im keen to do one for every ship type. Might be hard on the other ships but man, i love the fucking size of this beast!

15. Yep. There are more larger plans for them, 7 ships per race, Frigate → Destroyer → Cruiser → Battlecruiser → Battleship → Dreadnought → Mothership/Supercarrier: http://community.playstarbound.com/...-per-aspera-ad-astra.3781/page-4#post-1418388

16. lexietanium

lexietanium Subatomic Cosmonaut

=D I really like this mod. Now I just need to find a planet to have as my home =)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Crystalwolf

Crystalwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Random Image? Wut. Why did you post this? Any reason?
    I was actually going to do something quite similar with all the races. Normal Ships → Extended → Cargo → Then some really long haulage kinda ships and ones with loads of rooms.
    I only just finished the basic race ships but I'll be getting onto the others now,

18. yotmam12

yotmam12 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

how can i make my own?

19. Crystalwolf

Crystalwolf Void-Bound Voyager

That problem has been fixed for all the races. Just redownload them to get it fixed/update.