Extended Farms v1 (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Nov 19, 2016.

1. AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A new pack of maps from the local mad feline!

These maps are much larger than the standard ones; base maps are 80 x 65, whereas the Expanded Standard farm is 80 x 130, and the rest of the Expanded maps are 100 x 120.

There's a few things to note with these maps from my own information/testing:
    • I kept the original warp points for entering/leaving the maps; these areas have been given distinct features to both make their location obvious, as well as to prevent running through them. By intent, you shouldn't be able to access them from the other side either, but there are cases where that proves to not be true.
    • I made it so that the full use of the farm is staggered; there are large stones, stumps, and logs blocking access to the new sections of the maps. The intention here is that you need to upgrade your tools to gain the full use of the extra space. I will release a version with full access, but it will be as a full mod so you'll have to extract individual maps you want from within it.
    • The new areas are entirely overgrown with grass, in addition to random rocks, sticks, trees, etc.
    • Some of the maps might have minor graphic issues in a few spots; I did my best to make everything as smooth and seamless as possible, but the editor and I do have some limitations.
    • These maps take a LONG time to load, and may claim to stop responding; do not panic, it does recover and finish loading. This is likely a result of the size.
    • Buildability: I initially believed you shouldn't be able to build on the new space, but I may have had an incorrect basis for this assumption. I would appreciate any/all feedback regarding places that can't be built on currently, so I can try to make all space useable for this function.
      As of right now, you cannot have buildings constructed in the additional space. I have no knowledge on any way to add this functionality, if it's even possible (which, as far as I can find, it doesn't seem to be); while I'm aware there are some other mods that seem to do it, I don't know how, and most of the other ones I've found are SMAPI based. I actually have virtually NO coding knowledge nor ability (I have a language based learning disability, and coding languages are no exception to it).

!!! WARNING !!!
    If you use an old save with one of these maps,
    some features may not work correctly. It is HIGHLY
    recommended you start a new game if you want
    to use one of these maps.​

upload_2016-11-19_5-46-49.png
    Download here; the file is a rar, so you will need to unzip it prior to use.

upload_2016-11-19_5-50-1.png

upload_2016-11-19_5-51-36.png

upload_2016-11-19_5-52-53.png

upload_2016-11-19_5-54-58.png

upload_2016-11-19_22-43-16.png
    My personal Extended farm, a mix of elements of the various ones

!!! WARNING !!!
    If you use an old save with one of these maps,
    some features may not work correctly. It is HIGHLY
    recommended you start a new game if you want
    to use one of these maps.​

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    • Alexbau

Alexbau Aquatic Astronaut

I like your Maps.
      Nice job.

AngryCat likes this.
      • Arief87

Arief87 Void-Bound Voyager

looks nice.
        I cant seem to download your personal farm. like that one the most.

• AngryCat

Oh, my apologies, looks like in my over-tired state, I forgot to upload the link for that one. Fixing that now!

• Arief87

Arief87 Void-Bound Voyager

You dont have to apologize. I understand. Great work. Maybe take a rest :p Thank you!

AngryCat likes this.
            • ThePugKing21

ThePugKing21 Void-Bound Voyager

AngryCat: It appears as though the bridge to the grandpa's shrine cannot be crossed on your personal farm. No idea why.

• AngryCat

Very odd, I'll take a look at that in the morning.
                -edit-
                Everything looks like it should work based on other maps' bridges...
                I'll figure out some kind of replacement

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

You need to add the Passable T property to the bridge tiles on the tilesheet and replace the water tiles under the bridge with the passable ones (the ones not defined as Passable F). Also, just a suggestion, the water coming from the north, maybe make it like the cave water entrance near the mines or like the hilltop river, it might look better (also the tiles up and down on the sides aren't animated, and a couple other things you could polish when you have the time.)

• ThePugKing21

Although this is a lot to ask for... could you possibly put the large lake back into the farming map? Thanks for taking your time to read this.

• AngryCat

The water ones aren't defined as Passable F as far as I can find, but I didn't think/know about the bridge tiles, will address that.
                      I don't know anything about animating them, and it never concerned me much for my own map. If I ever make my personal map into an official release, I'll keep it in mind.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

2 of the tiles under the bridge in the background layer are tile 1246, which is defined Passable F in the tilesheet.

• AngryCat

Feline Farm - Bridge should be fixed, added cave at mouth of river; download
                          (OP also updated with this one)

If anyone would like to use my files to make other versions, such as ones with the river animated, please, be my guest. I don't have any problem with my files being altered and re-shared (though being accredited for the base work is appreciated)

upload_2016-11-26_18-33-52.png

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
                            Walker Boh likes this.
                          • AngryCat

One Farm Lake for you!

upload_2016-11-26_18-54-51.png

• ThePugKing21

Thanks so much!

AngryCat likes this.
                              • Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

I tried forest, because that's my default and I like the greenness, but you REALLY have to run the extra mile to get to the rightmost side of the map x)

AngryCat likes this.
                                • ThePugKing21

I love the map, but there I one thing... It's really just bothering me, it doesn't affect anything: It's to the right of my character. A whole bunch of these things appeared in this top corner; I used a map glitch to destroy most of them (the weird out of map glitch Screenshot (3).png

• AngryCat

That's the basic extended farm? I'll take a quick look at that layer

-edit- Odd, it looks fine in the map editor;
                                    upload_2016-11-27_13-29-42.png

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
                                    • AngryCat

Can someone confirm if they have any trouble building on any of my extended maps, and which?
                                      Working on some updates to address that, and other little things...
                                      upload_2016-11-27_14-19-45.png

• AngryCat

Sneaky updates in progress

upload_2016-11-27_14-30-53.png

upload_2016-11-27_14-32-16.png

upload_2016-11-27_14-34-23.png

• Cranber

Cranber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I assume that you are supposed to be able to go through the little tunnel to get to the new bit of farm but when I try to I just end up in the in between area of the farm

[​IMG]