Extended Farms v1 (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Nov 19, 2016.

1. AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

upload_2016-11-28_12-46-24.png
    upload_2016-11-28_12-46-35.png
    upload_2016-11-28_12-46-47.png

I had grass over the path way originally, but you just clip through it anyways so I didn't replace it when I remade it the second time.
    Presuming that this is the Standard Farm, yes?

Attached Files:

• Cranber

Cranber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it is the standard farm yes but it wont let me go down into the other farm? it just stops me as if theres an invisible wall instead of clipping through like yours showed

• AngryCat

That is very odd, I downloaded mine from the OP again just to be sure I didn't have one that was edited... perhaps try zipping yours, uploading it to somewhere like Google Drive, and sharing it with me, so I can see what might be going wrong with your map?

• AngryCat

Thinking on it more, there are some minor discrepancies I noticed in your screenshot as well - did you start a new game when you added the map, or is this an old save file?

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Did you intentionally keep original warp points or just didn't want to change other map files to match warps? In the latter case maybe I can make a small configurable mod that will modify warp lists through SMAPI.

Also, if you managed to make extended parts of the map buildable, you might want to remove the mention of it from the top post.

• Cranber

It was an old save file so with that in mind i tried on a new file and It worked just fine ;; Sorry to bother you with this then I didn't realize i had to start a completely new file I might not have read everything correctly

AngryCat likes this.
              • AngryCat

I might not have made that clear enough - I'll add that to the OP thanks to you.
                As far as I've learned across the forums, it seems some layers of the map work just fine on old saves, but some distinctly do not. The layer with the trees, plants, etc, is one I knew did not, and how I recognized the likeliness you were using an old save. Based on your issue, it appears the front and top layers also might not either.

• AngryCat

I changed the OP, thanks for pointing that out. I forgot that I originally was working on an assumption that you wouldn't be able to

• lyscir

lyscir Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice map edits. I was wondering that sometime in the future you could make an edit of the feline farm that moves the lake on the right to the south in the same area.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
                    • GigiBoo

GigiBoo Space Spelunker

In the forest farm there is a lot of green space can I plant on it? that's what I was hoping for, more space so that I can plant but that may not be the case.:p

• AngryCat

Yes, you should be able to! If you have any trouble doing so, let me know and I'll check into it.

• Cranber

is the space to the left of the farm house on the feline farm supposed to be plantable? I cant seem to plant anything there aside from regular trees

• Seraphimus

Seraphimus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So... Seeing as I found this mod whilst looking for a mod to remove the lake in the middle of the wilderness farm... Is there any way we could get a variant of some of these maps with less water on them?

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Your Feline Farm looks very cool. Is it possible to fish at this farm? It will be very cool if you could add some of the islands back in from the river farm into your personal farm. Does it have all the function of the other farms? If you do not mind I would love a copy with some of the islands back in or off to the side. I would also love it if there wasn't a :) in the grass. But maybe instead flower patch, Berry bushes, or a cherry tree with a swing in that place where the :) made out of grass is.

• Jubal Early

Jubal Early Void-Bound Voyager

I love the feline farm. One issue I am having is that after I exit to the south towards Marnie's I am unable to return to back to the farm. I get stuck beneath a field of grass and cannot move back when I try to move north up the path. I would also like to know if your map has fishing like Coolwyngs. Thank you for what is clearly a laborious and well designed map!

• lyscir

Been loving the feline farm. I do have a question, the darkish square in the upper left, is there a purpose of this area? The grass around it seems diggable but I can't seem to be able to do anything to the dirt area.

• AngryCat

It is...I have no idea why it wouldn't be allowing you to plant there.

Have you checked out my other two sets of maps? Drier Farma and Dehydrated Farms both were made with the purpose of removing water - though they are regular size maps.

I have no idea how to do fishing; very odd, I never ran into that issue myself as far as I recall.

By intent, it's an area for mineables to spawn - there's a mod that will add that functionality

Sorry, it's going to be a long while until I get to requests anymore.
                                    Unfortunately, life has been more than a bit overwhelming of late. I haven't had any time to even play, much less try to get any modding in. Hence I haven't really been around the forums in some time now.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

That is all right with me life is important. will you please do it when you have a chance? But no rush life is more important than this game. Can you just tell me if you can fish on you feline farm?

• lyscir

Yes, I thought it was suppose to be something like that, although the mod I use wouldn't spawn anything on it.

• AngryCat

I have no idea, I never tried. I think you should be able to, but since I never tested it and currently don't have the map editor or files on my computer (had to wipe it recently), I can't really confirm right now. I believe I intended for you to be able to, as it was my personal farm and meant as a "little of everything" map.

Which one are you using?