1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Evelyn's Cookie Recipe (PS4)

Discussion in 'Support' started by CognitiveAtrophy, Dec 27, 2016.

1. CognitiveAtrophy

CognitiveAtrophy Intergalactic Tourist

Bug - Evelyn's Cookie recipe isn't acquired after successfully completing her 4 heart event.

While I'm aware that this particular problem is known to the development team, the proposed solution (save editing) is obviously not viable on PS4 (or any console for that matter).

I just wanted to bring this issue to your attention again as having to start a new game after spending 100+ hours gathering them all the first time for the cooking achievement isn't exactly optimal.

Just a suggestion, but perhaps make the recipe attainable during a Queen of Sauce time slot? It would save people (re:me) a lot of time if they screw up the event, or inversely, if the event screws them.

Thanks.

• Hrafn254

Hrafn254 Space Hobo

I wonder if it would be possible to patch it that you receive the recipe by mail after the event. Since it is not possible to make a save edit as I've seen over and over as solution to this, I would very appreciate if it would possible to fix this issue.
      I mean, I invested into my save 100+ hours and I'm pretty upset to see I won't be able to finish off the trophies for the game unless I start again from scratch.

• pralima87

pralima87 Void-Bound Voyager

I was reported several times already.
        The devs just don't care about this.

• Mikek

Mikek Tentacle Wrangler

Cookie recipe can be bought in Salloon, I am not sure if you need to have the hearts with Evelyn first of if it is there since the beginning of the game. I have it there even though I already know it.

• pralima87

Woah! Man this is great news!
            I can confirm that Gus is selling them after 9PM ;)
            cheers!

• pralima87

Great even after purchasing from Gus the recipe will not work...
              Just more BUGs inside a BUG....
              So frustrating....

Evelyn hearts are maxed :/

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
              • jmig

jmig Big Damn Hero

This bug is also present on XB1, however, buying the recipe from Gus was a successful work-around.

• pralima87

Are you sure?
                  I bought the recipe but I still get a "???" where the cookie should be :(

• jmig

jmig Big Damn Hero

Correction, I just double-checked and I have "???" for the cookie. It's one of my three remaining recipes - very frustrating.

Edit: I swear it was there right after I bought the recipe, but when I went back to look yesterday, it was not. Or I am not remembering it correctly.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
                    • pralima87

Man we need a way to report this...
                      So far there are 3 or 4 posts about this bug and it never got the attention from a dev...

• jmig

jmig Big Damn Hero

agreed. is there a way to report bugs directly, or is it just via this forum?

• pekfi

pekfi Seal Broken

This really needs to be fixed. I don't know why this is not even acknowledged as a bug when many others are with as little info as "Need more info". This bug is easy to reproduce and really breaks the game for many. I also missed the recipe when skipping event and even though it appears at Gus' Saloon at times for sale, buying it doesn't enable cooking it. Seems like a clear bug to me.

I also have 80+ hours in the game already and was planning to only go for quick Joja Community run after this but until this is fixed I'm done with the game that I loved yesterday :(

• jmig

jmig Big Damn Hero

It's ashame we can't edit the save file like the PC versions, or this would be a non-issue

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
                            • Timedye

Timedye Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't think it's technically a bug, as it only seems to happen if you skip the cut scene. It's a problem, but it's one that CA would have to address, not Chucklefish.

• jmig

jmig Big Damn Hero

So, where should we report this?

• jmig

jmig Big Damn Hero

Actually, it is a bug. The recipe is also available to buy from Gus, which you can do for 1500g, but it does not unlock when you purchase it. That's a bug.

• jmig

jmig Big Damn Hero

Do you think it's possible to re-trigger the event if I give Evelyn hated gifts until she drops back down to 3 hearts?

• jmig

jmig Big Damn Hero

Any update?

• jmig

jmig Big Damn Hero

I'll assume this will never be fixed.

• Timedye

Timedye Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's been an issue on PC since it launched. If it doesn't get fixed on PC, I don't expect it'll get fixed on PS4.