1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Erchius Mining Facility too freakin' hard.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by AssertiveMeteor, Dec 29, 2014.

1. LordPhobos

LordPhobos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The boss is so ridiculous for the first boss. I've gone through this damn quest probably half a dozen times now just to get killed by those op lasers. I have all the best stuff available to me, tried every technique I can find and still can't beat it. So frustrating. I was so excited about the winter update, but now I can't even play it because of this brick wall of a boss.

2. checkman123

checkman123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

just get a shield.... use it when it almost hit u
    the boss is easy = =' all u need is a good timing.
    ALSO get a rare two handed sword that can use PARRY. block dat shitty laser :D

3. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Pangalactic Porcupine

Block. Block. Block.

I used a spear and backed up. Use some food buffs, and bandages if you have to, but it's otherwise pretty easy. Even easier if you block (with a weapon or shield if you go that route), and make sure ALL your gear is updated.

4. UltraSnaky

UltraSnaky Pangalactic Porcupine

the boss itself really isn't that tough in my opinion. the problem is the tedious walk back if you die. all you have to do to beat the boss is stay between the lasers. move with them and wait for them to stop, then go around flipping as many switches as possible.

Cheezemaniac likes this.
  5. checkman123

just spam those bandages hahaha

6. AlexArft

AlexArft Aquatic Astronaut

I had a shield in one hand and bandages in the other and it's just not enough! The lasers are too fast and I take too much fall damage when I try to skip platforms to beat the lasers.

7. Dominoist

Dominoist Orbital Explorer

Don't skip platforms then.

8. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

if you dont care about beating the boss and just want to get past him
    /admin

9. checkman123

fall damage? did u get the bounce tech? use dat = = also there is dash tech too... there is no way u cant dodge the laser @@

10. Elemental_Sheep

Elemental_Sheep Void-Bound Voyager

It's not the laser damage I worry about. It's freaking dodging them. No matter how fast i jump, it always ends with me falling off the platforms and dying of fall damage. I have the bouncy tech but I can't activate it fast enough. I found a grenade launcher in my first run (I'm now on my seventh) which helps me get rid of the mutant workers easily enough, and it two-shots the other mutants. If there was one thing I would change about this game is to make the bouncy tech automatically activate if the drop you fall off of will kill you. Then I could do this easily.

11. Soulcrifice

Soulcrifice Big Damn Hero

I was fortunate enough to find a cactus warhammer that does 256 dmg per swing. Its slow as hell but it took care of the spitters well enough. I just made up 90 bandages and started swinging. I'm a Novakid so I'm using the 2nd tier Novakid weapons, the name escapes me.

The boss took me a few tries but in reality, spam the bandages and try to have both pulse jump and pulse dash. Moving between platforms during the boss can be tricky without them.

Hope this helps in someway.

12. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, I've found this strategy works.

First off, You'll need a few weapons, a 2 handed weapon, a shield, and a gun/ranged weapon, as well as a the Bounce and Dash techs and lots of bandages!

First off, as you make your way through remember that the Mutants have trouble jumping, use that. Secondly, when you get near the 'super' mutant miners, as soon as you drop down and hit that button, run to the left, hitting buttons as you pass them, the miner mutant will either get stuck, giving you time to regen energy, or keep chasing you up the stairs, and the other miners will shoot at it.

Now, once you get to the boss, its best to have the Shield, Bandages and the 2 handed weapon all next to each other. Your goal is to dodge, only dodge and hit levers!
    Don't worry about the summons it brings it, don't worry about lasers unless they are coming towards you. Basically for most of this fight, use the bandages and shield, heal after you hit a switch and keep moving, don't try to avoid platforms, if a laser comes at you, don't try to outrun it, instead, put up your shield and jump up past the lasers if your shield breaks, switch to your 2-hander to block it doesn't block as much damage but its better than nothing: also back track a bit if you have to. But basically, speed is your goal, if you fall or mess up, hit F for the bounce tech and hope you survive.

And yes, this boss mission could use a check point, but it doesn't have one. Sorry, but currently it doesn't, so this is the only advice I can give you.

13. WatsyDood

WatsyDood Space Hobo

It kill the axe dudes, if you have the dash tech that you get from the scientist in the two stop shop, and have crafted or found some sort of fast-firing gun, you can shoot, and dash through the dude, then turn and shoot back, and repeat. I killed all of them like that, but am still stuck on the Horror.

14. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

This thread is over 2 years old just saying...

Never likes this.
  15. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

For the horror: flip the 4 switches on the platforms, then flip the one on the bottom central platform. Just avoid the lasers and you'll be fine. :)