1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Erchius Mining Facility too freakin' hard.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by AssertiveMeteor, Dec 29, 2014.

1. AssertiveMeteor

AssertiveMeteor Void-Bound Voyager

So, how do you beat the Erchius Mining facility? I keep getting 2 shot by the human-fleshy guy with the weapon. Absurdly frustrating.

2. checkman123

checkman123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

then find a better weapon @@ also hard is good. u expect it to be easy like peeling a banana?

3. AssertiveMeteor

Thanks for the help.

4. checkman123

checkman123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

also go to many planet in ur solar system. IF u are lucky, you will find a really big monster kill it u got a unique weapon. If u cant and u wanna rush it. get a gun and poke em from afar. Also get a shield just in case for protecting u, if u are one handed. i use shield with one hand gun. really good.

5. AssertiveMeteor

Found what I was missing. The first guy that you have to fight in CQC was messing me up. But you can run to the left and have the miners mess him up for you.

6. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

the first tier monsters where unresponsive from far away but packed a wallop when they got in puking range

i feel like the first mission was sort of a set up...like each major story mission wasn't about fighting but telling a story i mean,i was expecting more jump puzzles but my god, that ambiance was amazing. i felt the threat happening and loved it.

6.8/10 for combat

9/10 for ambiance

Tamorr likes this.
  7. Vidyne

Vidyne Industrial Terraformer

For the monsters with short range projectiles:
    These were really hurting, however I had enough bandages and medical kits to stave off a good portion of the damage. Without a shield, if you dive into the fray with them, especially if there are multiples.. I'm pretty sure you'll die at this armor point. I was able to out range them with weapons and even found a rocket launcher inside this very facility later on.

For the second type of monster that is less of a monster and more crazy... who swings a big hammer.. I was able to stay just far enough ahead of him running backwards to constantly use my 2handed sword, and only take damage when I had to change direction, healing while running. You can also range them from elevated ground, however theres one pitfall trap where you have to fight one in an enclosed space... run for your life while swinging and healing, you should be able to make it.

8. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

The safest way I've found to do it is to bring a ranged weapon of some kind with fairly good damage and play it really safe until you get to the weird freaks who swing their hammers at you. At first, you just need a gun of some kind and a lot of patience, as if you haven't noticed yet, THE MONSTERS CAN'T JUMP. You can easily pick them off one by one through this alone. Let me say that again for emphasis.

THE MONSTERS CANNOT JUMP.

As for the later part with the dude who has the hammer, run to your left and press the buttons until you lead the godforsaken horror up into a group of miners, who will help chipping away its' health a lot easier. These guys CAN jump, however, seeing as they're based off the normal humanoid characters.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  9. ne3zy-

ne3zy- Space Spelunker

lol it's so easy monsters are very slow and they can't jump just kite them to death...............

10. S.K. Ren

S.K. Ren Void-Bound Voyager

Tips:
    • Use an Iron Bow. It does decent damage to the aliens/mutants. They can't jump so you just need to lure them off ledges and take the high ground and shoot them to death.
    • By this time you should have access to a blank tech card from a very easy mission chain at the outpost. Use it to unlock Pulse Jump. This makes evading the mutants much easier. Especially in the corridor chase. You can just jump back up and shoot him at your leisure.
    • Bring lots of Bandages

11. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Its easier with a ranged weapon, otherwise i just suggest bringing aloot of healing items and taking some time to train your dodgeing ability.

Btw, if you think that mission is hard you should realy prepear before you meet the first boss on a later mission.

12. Relydukno

Relydukno Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can get the jump and dash boost from the other quest right I think they give you the two Blue upgrade chips.
    Then you can just jump up the platform you drop from and shoot him.

13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

There's also another trick: in some of the chests, ropes can be found. If you don't have the jump tech, you can use this item to safe your life; as someone else has pointed out, your enemies can't jump.

14. LeoKitsune

LeoKitsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Using a shield with a well timed block can negate all of the damage from their puke attack if you're bad at dodging. This can also be done with a broadsword but I've been finding them unreliable.

15. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

... i just realised that i completely forgot the new blocking mechanics when i did this quest. *facepalm*

16. LeoKitsune

LeoKitsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know right? Just be careful when parrying with swords. I've been finding the time you hold it up for blocking to be way too long, you'll block one hit from a monster, but before you can dodge or retaliate he'll swoop in to take a chunk out of you.

17. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

funny I just done this mission with a crossbow, since that was the strongest weapon I had.>< Took a while to complete, but that doesn't bother me I feel like I helped the people in this base by clearing out every single one, despite their lose of 1. When it came to that hammer guy I used my crossbow from above. The first hammer guy I just saw how much damage he did to me and I immediately jumped back up to the platform above. that took a while.

With the others I used a platform on the right that was in mid air. Having a crossbow is nice but so much meat from the basic ones....>< Anyways I actually visited those 3 in the other room after I had already killed them, as I didn't know they were there.lol

then was an easy climb down and get my reward, to finally fix the ftl. Of course I had to finish off some of those minor ones on the way out, I guess I missed a few when going down there...

Pulse jump helps a lot.

18. Omegagrox

Omegagrox Void-Bound Voyager

I just ran and ran til I found where I was meant to go :rofl:

19. ShamanMcLamie

ShamanMcLamie Big Damn Hero

I died a few times, but I found out the mutants can't jump worth s*** so I shot them from afar on a ledge. Also I found some good weapons through the first few play throughs. The Rocket launcher went a long ways in helping me kill the infected miner mutants.

20. UltraSnaky

UltraSnaky Pangalactic Porcupine

git gud scrub