Modding Help EOF client caught in main loop

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by darkaile, May 21, 2017.

1. darkaile

darkaile Intergalactic Tourist

Yeah but i have no idea how to read that log lol.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Well... you should probably consider learning. Knowing how to resolve problems is something you have to do if you are going to be modding (Making or using).

As was said before, the main error relates to something with "techstation". There isn't much else that any of us can do here outside of provide some guidance.

3. darkaile

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Start here.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...ors-fixing-most-problems-yourself-v1-1.69198/

Now with regards to your log, I noticed this.

Code:
    [17:28:31.536] [Warn] Could not spawn Monster of type 'avalidronepet', exception caught: (AssetException) Error loading asset /monsters/pets/actions/starvingAction.lua
    The techstation brings up your S.A.I.L interaction, but also serves as your pet spawner. It had issues with an avali drone pet... but I don't think that's your true issue. I think you are actually missing /monsters/pets/actions/starvingAction.lua - or I should say some mod thinks it wants that script but it doesn't exist. It could also be the script is there but the name misspelled.

Starbound isn't happy when it wants a script but that script can't be found. I think that's your big crash. So... how do you fix this? Well you need to find this mod.
    1. Download Notepad++ (if you don't already have it) and open it.
    2. <CTRL> + <F> to bring up the find dialog.
    3. Click on the "find in files" tab.
    4. Point the Directory(aka folder) at your workshop directory. For most people that's C:\Program Files(X86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\
    5. "find what" will the the string you're looking for
    Code:
    "/monsters/pets/actions/starvingAction.lua"
    should do because something is referencing this file.
    6. Click "find all" and be patient.

Once it is done, it will show the results of the search below. All the files are named contents.pak but within their own numbered folder. You don't need to go opening the file, but note/copy the folder number. That's a mod ID. For example if you came up with C:\Program Files(X86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\921924325\contents.pak
    Then that would point to this mod -
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=921924325

Substitute in whatever ID it comes up with into that URL. Alert the mod author (hopefully they're even still active), and unsubscribe if you don't expect a quick fix on this.

Oh and as i mentioned Notepad++ and dropped that link on how to read your logs, this can help. Up top there is a language menu that's quite helpful to make files more readable, but it doesn't already cover everything.
    Click on that Language bar,
    select "define your own language" (low on the drop down menu)
    On the window that pops up, the upper left corner has an "import" button
    Then browse to this XML file (where ever you download it too).

That will add Log - Starbound to your language options. You'll still need to learn what different things mean, but everything being a jumbled mass of text shouldn't be such a problem anymore. Not to say my current scheme is perfect, but it certainly is a massive improvement. I may later improve upon it, and of course you can tweak it as you like too.

lazarus78 likes this.
  5. darkaile

Thank you for the tutorial will look at it and learn. :D