OOC Entropic Evolution (The End...?)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Sir Wilfrey, Aug 20, 2016.

?

What are your feelings on E.E?

1. OHHHH GOD YES

61.1%
  2. Some good shit mate.

33.3%
  3. Could use improvement (comment how below!)

5.6%
  4. Not really my style

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. This won't last long

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I'm okay with you using Snab, though I want to make a few adjusments. First of, I think I potrayed him as too bloodthirsty. He rarely likes killing, though he is perfectly fine with brutal torture-like moves if they grant him an advantage. If he had been part of the main battle I would have actually had him do some brutal Shadow of Mordor style stuff and throw a severed head at the Glitch Commander, all the while staring at him. Second and a lot smaller change I'll make is adding him a dark blue, almost black, coat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'd say everyone as a whole. The cast is so diverse and some complicated relationships might take place. Then there's that whole team aspect that benefits from equality.
    That sounds like a good option too. It gives each character a chance to shine and expresses how individuals make the team, or teams depending on who sides with who.
    Another green light for you. Snab is a loner after all and some things he can't really do with a team, like sneaking. I expect snab to go to great lenghts for more power. Betrayal is not completely out of the picture but most likely he will just endure physical trials.

2. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I think ill go with a new xharacter.

3. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

trying to process this hurts my head lol, I'll.. see what I can do.

HunterC1998, Firebird Zoom and Arra like this.
  4. Sayria

Sayria Orbital Explorer

I personally like Hunter's idea with bouncing around the first person from character to character, it'll make it interesting to see from a different character POV.

5. Sir Wilfrey

busy bouncing ideas around this morning, and I realized both plans people are split over are going to be next to impossible to do (with any quality), if I make everyone a star in each chapter/segment, things are gonna get really damn confusing just because of how fucking many people there are (not to mention everyone fighting over who gets to run the show when and how much), if I do everyone as a whole it's gonna be a battle of not making anyone favorites WHILE writing a huge story AND taking everyone's inputs AND getting all the details right... at the same damn time.

so, uh, today's assignment for me is figuring out how the fuck to do this. I'm thinking either tell it through Eridium himself's eyes/brand/face or make a new character so nobody thinks I'm playing favorites. Decisions, decisions..

6. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

PLAY FAVORITES PLEASE I WANT TO BE A STAR
    (Jk, doing it through an NPC's eyes sounds alright, or just making it third person so that no one feels particularly important during a certain point in time)

Firebird Zoom, HunterC1998 and Dipdoo like this.
  7. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

What if you made your own character who played narrator? That way you have only one perspective, no favorites, you can have him be 'stuck' with individuals to help build each individual's teensy spotlight and him see the group as a whole?

Go from bouncing first person to spend time focused on being stuck with one character?

8. Sayria

Sayria Orbital Explorer

I think that would work fine. This way nobody can complain about it.
    Plus I thought about it and, yea it would be confusing on how to write that.

9. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

Or you can go the way of the narrator telling to story to someone, either through codex's or to someone else, and tie it together at the end well enough. How about from the scribe that you were using for the lore codex's? That would work pretty well, I think.

Sayria, MilkCalf, Sir Wilfrey and 2 others like this.
  10. Sir Wilfrey

well I mean technically that IS Eridium, he writes almost all of them and keeps track of them, "loremaster" and all that.

Dragonclaw, Sayria, MilkCalf and 3 others like this.
  11. Sir Wilfrey

So a long while of thinking makes me really just want to write already, so I decided to bring up a more solid idea to you all and see what you think.

I'm thinking of a somewhat silent character who isn't really good or evil, but lets his actions explain things to a degree.
    He interacts with people in extremely different ways, taking favor over others for seemingly no reason and tormenting others, never explaning why, but one thing is certain: he brings out their true character in the end. Purposefully? Who knows.
    Nobody has any idea what his actual appearance is under his hood, but from the shape-changing face most suspect he's a Glitch with the t-62 emote visor (a large screen is his face).
    On the off chance he does speak, he doesn't use Glitch-speak, and doesn't sound at all robotic. Rather, he sounds.. unfamiliar.
    On that subject, nobody's seen him eat, either.. or use the bathroom.. or sleep..

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet the Meta to end all Meta,

[​IMG]
    EVIL RYU, AHAHAHAHA

[​IMG]
    (Something I could draw, barely, which took way too long to do semi-right honestly)
    The Watcher
    (Grigori)
    (and yes that name is extremely relevant go do your religious history research, geez)

Disclaimer: No, he won't be overpowered or invincible, before any of you start shouting about that.

I feel like writing, but want to get something to contribute for you all, so I thought I'd start writing a bit of a personal thing for him to help you understand the meaningfulness behind his place in the E.E world. I'll let y'all know as progress furthers.

12. Combozone

So now we have an Edgelord following us who makes us learn about our true selves at the end of a long road.
    This really is Metal Gear Rising, isn't it?
    (Also I've decided to keep Godwit in play.)

13. Sir Wilfrey

1: He isn't even close to an edgelord, he's... more like Sans in personality actually.
    2: He's related in a way to another character, so he isn't any canonical race (hence his hiding in a cloak and all)
    3: He's also a device for me to show your characters and develop them, not favoring anyone particularly and challenging their ideals and morals pretty often.

By the end of the story your brain will be so fucked you won't even understand what made you think he was cliche in any way at all, if it ain't original I don't do it.

Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  14. HunterC1998

I'm getting some Cheshire Cat vibes from that grin..

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  15. Combozone

Ah, well, this is the line that made me think that he was an Edgelord. My mistake I guess.

Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  16. HunterC1998

I think he means to tease and prod characters and buddy up on others.

17. Sir Wilfrey

Wasn't quite going for edgy, more like slightly insane, though later hopefully that appears more along the lines of certain traits in people he likes to bring out. A behavior pretty commonly associated with me, lol. "That person's a saint!" "Gimme a sec I guarantee I can change your opinion of them if I poke the right spots".

HunterC1998 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  18. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Meanwhile im making an eldritch abomination that will probably spook a few peoples but is really just there to stop Proffessor McEdgy *cough cough* Lescalius *cough cough* from going on a killing spree

Arra, Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  19. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

Kept you waiting, huh?

Administration Field: Combat Teacher and Strike-team Commander
    //Login Procedure.exe....
    Scanning Student Database....

Database entry found.

Full Name: Riley Lucius Watts
    Race: Human
    Age: "When I was turned into... this, I was twenty-three years old. That was centuries ago, and I'm too lazy to keep track."
    [​IMG] (old art)

[​IMG]
    5'11, skinny

Reason for Teacher Application to A.I: "I've got a duty to protect and teach the next generation, and that's exactly what I'm going to do."
    Planet of Origin: Earth
    Descriptive Backstory: Riley was born to a wealthy family of nobles on Earth, and took up combat as a hobby. Swiftly climbing through the ranks of the colusseum in his nation, he became strong and wise in combat. Though his parents approved of his combat hobby, any social activities outside of that were forbidden. He was sent away from Earth by his parents when he was 19 to manage their PMC off-world, but shortly after he began his family were assassinated. With no home, no salary, and no family, the private military company slowly fell apart. Riley was left stranded on-board his small ship. However, several days after being stranded, he was rescued by a lone Wind Mage. They traveled together, stopping bandits and teaching Riley wind and combination magic to go alongside his fire magic. Their adventures came to an abrupt end when bandits, seeking revenge, captured Riley in the middle of the night. The Wind Mage raced after them, rescuing Watts but perishing due to their wounds. Taking up their garb and staff, Riley forged onward. Eventually, he was captured by Miniknog scientists who saw his potential, and experimented on. They gave him superhuman cell regeneration, healing him almost instantaneously and keeping him from aging. The day Xenon escaped from his cell, Riley took his chance. He waited until Xenon had stopped raging, then helped him escape the facility. They exchanged contact details, and occasionally teamed up for jobs against the Miniknog and its' supporters. When Xenon created the Antimatter Institute, he called up Riley on one of his favors to work there as the combat teacher. Watts gladly accepted.

//Scribe's notes.
    He's quite defiant, and has been a great help to us in our efforts. Students, I would recommend listening to him. When his teachings are ignored, he challenges students to an all-out duel. As you can probably tell, that doesn't end well...

Skills/Abilities:
    • Riley is proficient in exotic weaponry, taught to him by masters on Earth before his parents' demise. Such weapons include scythes, kusarigamas (short scythe on a chain attached to a heavy iron ball or spike) and snipers.
    • Training with Technomancy has allowed him to combine his fire and wind elements into new kinds of attacks, and warp to weaponry that have his magic attached to them.
    • His leadership skills have proven to be moralizing to troops and decisive in winning battles.
    • Agility is key to Riley, and he has quite a lot of it. Through using his wind magic he can gain even faster speeds, reaction time, and dexterity than he already has.
    • He's nigh immortal with his regenerative cells, though he rarely feels the need to get involved in combat aside from training.
    Negative Traits:
    • Warping with his weapons and elements drains him considerably after the second or third warp.
    • He can be stuck-up at times, and refuse to retreat from combat when he feels victory is near.
    • Seeing Miniknog scientists bring up his old memories, causing him to get angry very quickly.
    • Though he has mastered fire, he has been too lazy to master the ways of Wind Magic and can take damage from his own wind spells if they get too close to him (provided they are attack spells, not defense/support.)
    • He's occasionally distant and unemotional, due to having little social interaction.

Primary Affinity:
    Fire
    Secondary Affinity: Wind

//Database Entry Ending
    "The Universe; Enjoy, Defend, Understand"//

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Sir Wilfrey and Firebird Zoom like this.
  20. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Hey, I'm writing two characters and, I'm wondering, can I use modded races?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.