OOC Entropic Evolution (The End...?)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Sir Wilfrey, Aug 20, 2016.

?

What are your feelings on E.E?

1. OHHHH GOD YES

61.1%
  2. Some good shit mate.

33.3%
  3. Could use improvement (comment how below!)

5.6%
  4. Not really my style

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. This won't last long

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Take all the time you need man.

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  2. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

Aww, hope you guys are alright! Don't worry about us, we'll be fine. I hope the situation gets better.

Sir Wilfrey and HunterC1998 like this.
  3. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

I'm sorry to hear that, and you can take your time.

Sir Wilfrey and HunterC1998 like this.
  4. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Hey, you know us. If something happens to you out in that thing we call the real world, everyone has your back and respects your decisions until you're ready to return to active duty. I hope the two of you can take some time to breathe, in the healthy way.

EDIT: As a side note, I guess this is a good time to check over anything you might want to change in your applications, fix over those flaws, rework backstories, etc.

HunterC1998 and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Just take your time. Real world stuff is more important than forum stuff. Especially things like eating and sleeping.

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  6. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Or to throw yourself into it!

//Login Procedure.exe....
    Scanning Student Database....
    Identity Mismatch....
    Please Enter Identification Data Below//

[BASIC]

Full Name: Rufus Hetz Donia

Race: Human

Height: 6'3" back in the good ol' days, a good 5'10" now.
    Weight: 160 lbs

Standard Apparel: A relatively plain long sleeved shirt, he can commonly be seen 'walking' around with the sleeves rolled up. A faded pair of jeans, and a pair of old climbing boots. He carries an axe that is more like a bladed cane, sometimes he'll twirl it around casually, other times he uses it to assist him with walking.

Physical Appearance: He doesn't look quite as old as he really is, the wrinkles on his face say 80 if you catch him frowning, but the look of his body says 60, muscles look faded and worn. His skin is a dull white, he has a thick brow and generally thick skull, defined cheek bones and a slightly sunken jaw, his face doesn't look as hollow as most older men's do, but there is a hint of it in there. He has very short platinum blonde hair (May as well look gray), Nose and ears are a bit 'cauliflowered.' His eyes are very deeply set, giving him an intense stare. He has a beard and mustache that are braided together at the center of the chin, the hair on his face is still a lively yellow, bushy eyebrows included, very Viking-esque.

[ADVANCED]

Reason for Joining: To be a teaching student, and to destroy the ruin of course.

Planet of Origin: Whatever hills had called to me. Harluc IIV. A planet that lacked flat ground.

Descriptive Backstory: Rufus was the son of a respected lumberjack and carpenter, he learned to swing an axe by a very young age and he liked doing it. Rufus later discovered the magic of metalworking through his uncle Brìgh, he immediately latched onto it and could be seen exhausting himself at the forge day and night, honing his skills and having a good time.
    Many years later Rufus found himself doing dangerous mercenary work, most of it highly illegal. His childhood or working had given him a legendary arm, making him a popular man to hire, this also made him a popular target. Rufus always managed to get by, but as he continued this work he learned more and more about how raw the world can be. Not too many years before Rufus officially became old at 50 he had received word that his mother had been kidnapped and the only ransom the kidnappers would accept was his head. Rufus shied away from offers for months, trying to track the kidnappers down without being noticed. Rufus heard the news that his mother had passed due to sickness and was devastated, he hung his head for days and wouldn't even so much as think about playing the pipes or swinging a hammer.
    Rufus never really regained that same spirit, he lacked a real cause, a true purpose to continue doing great things and he had grinded to a halt. Then Rufus heard about the A.I. and knew what he needed to do, he felt a duty to put what was left of his years into something larger than himself. And so he was off, planning to become a teacher. To his surprise the A.I. had something to teach him, they had showed Rufus that he had the flame of the forge and the bellow of the pipes in him.

(I hope the addition of neutral is alright)
    Skills:

Positive:

Enduring: Bringing this man to his knees is a feat all by itself, this old codger refuses to go down, sometimes to his own dismay.

Experienced: Well versed in many different subjects over the years, but not an expert in all but a few.

Smith: Knows exactly how to make use of metals and does it well, some might be surprised by how long this man could hammer at a hunk of metal and bend it to his will.

Neutral:

Love of the Pipes: Anything involving pipes, drums, or any mix of those two makes Rufus a happy man, and can easily distract him from whats at hand, potentially sending him into a trance-like state should he get truly immersed.

Jaded: Through his years Rufus has seen many things, and he's relatively desensitized to plenty of travesties.

Negative:

Old and Frail: His body has been through much already, and an iron will can only take one so far. Rufus can't take hits he used to be able to, his maneuverability is also compromised. But he'll still throw himself around as if he were 30 again.

Crude: Rarely cares to censor himself and will speak his mind more often than not, even when it might be best to keep quiet.

Stubborn: Comparing Rufus to a brick wall would be quite accurate, really getting through to him is a challenge.

Primary Affinity: Air
    Secondary Affinity: Fire

Theme:

//Login Procedure Ending "The Universe; Enjoy, Defend, Understand"//

[EDIT] I can't believe I forgot the theme at first.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Sir Wilfrey and Red Ryder like this.
  7. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Accepted, and is the last accepted App for now. I probably took way too many as is and have little to no idea how to coordinate this many people at different times, so a lot of this is going to be first-experience and winging it. And that's when the RP is actually up and running sooo, a lot of variables, a lot of "bugs", but this RP wasn't going to be overly serious (it has a misleading tone on purpose) either way.

Combozone and Dragonclaw like this.
  8. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I already have an idea for a replacement character in case Prarrie dies

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  9. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

*You walk up to the Computer Terminal outside the massive complex that is the A.I campus. Despite being overshadowed by the building, an artificial sun lights all corners of the outside in a warm, pleasant glow. An energy field blocks physical entrance to the complex, and you can see a few students in the courtyard talking and going about business. A gigantic spire reaches well above the clouds in the center of the complex, and you read in the brochure it can function as an emergency ship for all staff and students inside. A jingle from the Terminal jolts you from your thoughts, a friendly if simple animated face greets you and requests you choose an option. You choose "Register for Antimatter Institute Curriculum" . This is the day you trained for a year for.*

//Login Procedure.exe....
    Scanning Student Database....
    Identity Mismatch....
    Please Enter Identification Data Below//

[BASICS]

Full Name: Gearleaf
    Race: "Could you even really call me a Floran anymore? After so many years and so many modifications i really dint know anymore."
    Standard Apparel (Images Acceptable):[​IMG]
    Physical Appearance(Images Acceptable): Very tall, heavily modified with almost none if his original Floran body remaining, the only organic parts left are his eyes, organs and his left arm.
    What is left is dark green in color.

[ADVANCED]

Reason for Application to A.I: "Someone came to with a case, a girl was kidnapped by some ruin cultists, and lets just say that i finish every case i get."
    Planet of Origin: "I come from a little planet named Zion."
    Descriptive Backstory: "I was born and raised in one of Zions primitive Floran colonies, while hunting a beast i got hurt pretty bad, tribe left me for dead.
    I was found by old Professor Wilf, he gave me my first modifications and gave me the combat experience of one of my ancestors. I started work as a detective.
    Many cases, fatal wounds and modifications later, i became who i am now."

Skills/Abilities:
    Stubborn as all hell, skilled with knives and revolvers, can get information from almost anyone, various modifications, hard to kill and rather intelligent.
    Negative Traits: Stubborn, there are various ways to overload his modifications, the modifications are hard to repair, refuses to use anything but his own weapons, refuses to wear armor, sometimes he will be flooded by some of his ancestors memories, rendering him useless.
    He also smokes.
    Primary Affinity: Energy
    Secondary Affinity: Life

[OPTIONAL]

Themesong:

//Login Procedure Ending
    "The Universe; Enjoy, Defend, Understand"//

And here is my just in case replacement app

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
    Red Ryder and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  10. Sir Wilfrey

ATTENTION BOYS AND GIRLS AND PLANTS AND ROBOTS, THE RP WILL BE OFFICIALLY(tm) STARTING THIS SATURDAY!
    (pre-recorded applause)​

Please do your best to attend the introduction ceremony in chapter one, The Welcoming Committee, this Saturday. Be sure to bring your sharpest weapon (your mind) and your finest attire (that you don't mind getting bloody).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  11. HunterC1998

Time for school!!

MilkCalf, Omicron445 and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  12. Omicron445

Just to check something, what time/day is it for you now so I can get a reference? It's currently 9:13 AM, Tuesday for me. You can check the timestamp for reference.

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  13. HunterC1998

Damn, it's 7:13 PM for me.

Omicron445 and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  14. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

We must be close by, Hunter! Same time for me.

15. HunterC1998

I'm in Kentucky.

16. Omicron445

This summer, embark on the love story of a lifetime, as two unlikely roleplayers meet for the first time! On a whole new season of ___, coming soon.

17. Sir Wilfrey

As of right now it is MONDAY, 8: 16pm

Omicron445 likes this.
  18. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

I've got pacific time here

19. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I don't exactly have a schedule. I should be on at about the same time as you guys.

20. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I am available almost 24/7

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.