RELEASED [SMAPI] Entoarox Framework 2.4.0

Makes stardew modding easier!

1. Xx_EchoBaT10_xX

Xx_EchoBaT10_xX Void-Bound Voyager

Took me freaking forever to download this mod, cause i'm kinda new to modding in stardew valley :p but it was totally worth it :D

• CrowFX

CrowFX Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, about that white screen thing? Rolling back to version 1.6.1 Seems to fix it. If I remember reading your change log, it seems you are doing something with the UI after that patch. Maybe that's the problem?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Those are just fixes to the UI framework, that code has no effect at all when you are not currently seeing a UI framework based menu.

But the fact that rolling back helps does help narrow it down, now there is just a ton of other stuff left to try and figure out if it might be causing the problem :p

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated Entoarox Framework with a new update entry:

Updates

Read the rest of this update entry...

• mDiyo

mDiyo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How do I disable the in-game messages from versionchecker? They're cluttering the screen when when I load up the game and I do not need to know there's an update every time your program decides it needs updated.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ellow! Great fan of your minecraft mods! :D

Unfortunately, I never considered that the in-game update messages might be considered intrusive, so I've never actually added a option to disable those 0_0
              I will be adding a config option for that in source, and the next version of EntoFramework will let you disable the in-game notifications :)

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

It's me again...

Okay, so it's doing the same thing it was doing before... crashing but nothing in the logs. However, I had tiled out the Terminal, and there WAS something that showed up in the terminal briefly before it shut down that was not echoed in the log file. I've tried using Debug Mode = True on your mod, I've tried using Dev version of SMAPI 1.8 I've tried everything I can think of to get this extra few lines to echo to the log file, but I can't seem to get it to work. It also automatically closes the terminal window so I can't copy/paste it.

EDIT: WOOT! I figured it out! FINALLY!

It was NPC Map Locations that was causing problems with Entorox Framework, making it look like your framework was causing problems because it was trying to look for NPC's in wrong locations.

Updating NPC Map Locations to 1.4.5 resolved the issue entirely.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
                • mDiyo

mDiyo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello to you too. Great regards to making a way to load locations without directly editing the content folder. :3

Call it a holdover from the Minecraft modding community. I have screenshots with literal pages of spam for updating mods when you start up the game. Honestly the update message is a good idea, but the place where you've put it is too late. I'm already trying to play with my character.

A better place for the update message would be the title screen. There at least I'm not looking at all of the delicious jelly that I've made the night before.:lickitung:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Decent point, I will look into if I can make the update notices appear earlier, might take a while though, because CA's code makes minecraft look professional 0_0

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hey Entoarox,
                      I'm getting a weird error where having the framework installed won't let me access my Greenhouse.
                      I recently added it, and the ShopExpander for some modding. It does its job giving me access to the expanded shop, but breaks the Greenhouse door.

I removed the framework, and it went back to working just fine. Put the framework back in, and removed ShopExpander just to be sure; and it denied me access to the Greenhouse again.

I'm playing on Linux, and while there was no crash. I did output the terminal while I was testing the error.

Attached Files:

• Minaev919

Minaev919 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh hi, guess who... With another problem!
                        So I have updated the mod and now your other mod, faster paths, doesn't work. Here is what SMAPI says:

WARN SMAPI] The Faster Paths mod failed on entry initialisation. It will still be loaded, but may not function correctly.
                        Failed loading type: Entoarox.Framework.DataLogger: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type "Entoarox.Framework.DataLogger" from the assembly "EntoaroxFramework, Version=1.6.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null".
                        in Entoarox.FasterPaths.FasterPaths.Entry(Object[] objects)
                        in StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods() в D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 530

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
                        • FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@Minaev919 Roll back to the previous version of Framework until it's fixed. Furniture Anywhere and Faster Paths both break with the newest version.

• Minaev919

Minaev919 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks mate. I was thinking about the same thing.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@Minaev919 Ento has released updates for Faster Paths and Furniture Anywhere, so they should be fine now.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Nevermind, I found a workaround.
                                Editing the 'config.json', and setting the gamepatcher to false gives me access again.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• AmyRachaelNapier

AmyRachaelNapier Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, does this work with Mac? I get 'Mod failed to load' errors in Terminal with it. :(

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

loooog

• AmyRachaelNapier

AmyRachaelNapier Void-Bound Voyager

?