1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Entering a new planet cutscene

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Eagletalon88, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagletalon88

Eagletalon88 Void-Bound Voyager

When thinking about the ability to enter other planets, i questioned will there be a cut scene? I can imagine your ship entering a new planets atmosphere, and you landing on the ground. And you could start walking on the new planet with your ship still on the ground. Or will you pick a planet and you suddenly appear on the planet without your ship even being there. What do you think?

Colobot likes this.
  2. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I'd like to steer the ship and land by myself. That's even better option. But then we would check any hidden stuff like flying islands...
    Well, it still would be nice. :)

Eagletalon88 likes this.
  3. Sti

Sti Orbital Explorer

Maybe the ship would be there on land, and could act as a base of operations of sorts.

Eagletalon88 likes this.
  4. Run Juan Run

Run Juan Run Big Damn Hero

maybe as you get of the spaceship your character just says like "another smaal step for man kind....ooo look a plant!"

5. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

well, my thoughts on landing on a planet are as follows

type in/pick from a list of co-ordinates/generate random co-ordinates and you can choose to fly over to the planet, then maybe you'll get beamed down onto the surface:
    or you take a small jet type thingy and get close to the surface,then hop out of the vehicle and your buddy/npc in the the ship fly's it back to base

or you just fly to the planet after picking co-ordinates, and boom your there on the surface in seconds, who knows :unsure:

6. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

there already is a thread about cutscenes in suggestions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.