1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

Tbh, I have absolutely no idea what's going on in your game, sry. :/

2. katana

katana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hit a hiccup. Closed the Storage Matter Extractor without putting anything into it, then a stall, and this:

Code:
    [06:49:23.083] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/interface/scripted/containerrecycler/contain..."]:20: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (local 'containerSize')
    stack traceback:
       [C]: in metamethod '__sub'
       [string "/interface/scripted/containerrecycler/contain..."]:20: in global 'denyInvalidItems'
       [string "/interface/scripted/containerrecycler/contain..."]:13: in function <[string "/interface/scripted/containerrecycler/contain..."]:9>
    [0] 7ff6033a7153 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff6033a5ede Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff60337a4c1 Star::LuaEngine::handleError
    [3] 7ff603569517 Star::LuaEngine::callFunction<float>
    [4] 7ff60356cca5 Star::LuaFunction::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
    [5] 7ff60356cbc0 Star::LuaBaseComponent::invoke<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
    [6] 7ff603ba9a5c Star::LuaUpdatableComponent<Star::LuaBaseComponent>::update<Star::Variant<Star::Empty,bool,__int64,double,Star::String,Star::LuaTable,Star::LuaFunction,Star::LuaThread,Star::LuaUserData>,float>
    [7] 7ff603bad31a Star::ContainerPane::update
    [8] 7ff603b5788f Star::PaneManager::update
    [9] 7ff603bee072 Star::MainInterface::update
    [10] 7ff6032ee633 Star::ClientApplication::updateRunning
    [11] 7ff6032ece4f Star::ClientApplication::update
    [12] 7ff603aeaa72 Star::SdlPlatform::run
    [13] 7ff603aeac2d Star::runMainApplication
    [14] 7ff6032eff76 WinMain
    [15] 7ff603cd8daf __scrt_common_main_seh
    [16] 7fffd6102774 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [17] 7fffd8590d51 RtlUserThreadStart

ED- Can't get it to hiccup again. Not entirely sure how to reproduce it again. Hm.

3. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I've run into another bug with the quickmove. When moving saplings into a container with saplings, they disappear.

4. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

That's the exact same bug with the weapons. They don't disappear, the become more of the first type of sapling in the container.

5. Spanktus

Spanktus Space Hobo

Yikes... I lost like 3 staple tier 5 weapons when doing this... really hurt my arsenal. Now I know not to do this. Put a big warning, or update it to not touch weapons.

I didn't even expect it to do any weapons... I just keep molotovs and such in the same container as weapons, so I clicked the stack button... heck this is probably how my weapons disappeared a few days ago too. Thank god the DX is unique. Was so happy when I found it.

6. NeoVanAlemania

7. Jrminot

Jrminot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm new to starbound mods. I just started hosting a server with CitadelServers. I downloaded the files and placed both .pak files into the mods folder. I am not seeing any of the content in game though. Do I need to also have the mod in my game files locally? Do you have to progress to a certain point in the game for it to be available?

Thanks in advance

8. NeoVanAlemania

Hello Jrminot,

Welcome in the world of Starbound modding. ;)
    Hm, so far as I know, some hosters are not allow you to load mods directly with the mod folder. Thats a safety thing to prevent the users from uploading bad files on their servers. In this case you have to manage your mods through the interface of your hoster. I guess you have to check out your hoster interface at first.

9. Jrminot

Jrminot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the reply. I started semi working but I was getting some errors when I accessed certain things. I then put the .pak files into my own local folder and things started working. I assume now that you have to have the mod both locally, and on the target server?

10. katana

katana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Correct. There is no uploading/downloading of mods; server and client must be in the same state beforehand, as the game will not resolve a difference in states for you.

11. Lord-Xanthor

Lord-Xanthor Void-Bound Voyager

This is my first day playing Starbound, and trying the server program out with my kids. When I saw this mod, I was overwhelmed (In a great way) of what it can do. I had seen at first some of the things I was looking for in a container mod, but so much more that I never even thought of. This is fantastic!

12. smb64

smb64 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

while I understand the risks with the quickstack button, I'd rather it still work for items other than weapons. I never use the quickstack button for weapons so I'll just download 5.4.3 for now until the next update

13. NeoVanAlemania

The new update v5.5, which fixes the quick stack feature, is finished and ready for release... but the website seems to have currently some problems, I'm not able to push the update unfortunately.

14. steakhutzeee

steakhutzeee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! Thanks for your work! I'm new to the game and this is the first mod i've installed :)

Just one question, why you choose to increase the containers'capacity? This could simplify the game in some ways?

15. NeoVanAlemania

Hi steakhutzeee and I'm glad that your choice is going to Enhanced Storage. :)
    While playing the game at the beginning I was always annoyed from the small containers. After a few days of playing I decided to make my own private mod to change that. Some weeks later I released the mod with the name 'Enhanced Storage' in the forums over here. ;)

16. steakhutzeee

steakhutzeee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Got it! :p

So, i've two other questions:

- In a video i can see that the mod adds a new shop in the outpost, next to the tech scientist, but i can't find it. Am i doing something wrong?
    - As i can see, to use the 'left corner button', the one that add in a container the object that are yet present in it, i've to click on the option button before. Then the left corner button become clickable. Again, am i doing something wrong?

Thanks again! :)

17. NeoVanAlemania

1.) You have to finish the first mission then the ES stuff will appear.
    2.) I guess you mean the Quick Stack button in the bottom left corner, I disabled the button because of an issue temporarily. That it turns into a clickable state is not intended... please ignore the button until the upcoming update. Regarding the update, well, please read post #673. :)

18. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania updated Enhanced Storage with a new update entry:

Quick Stack improvements, new crafting material

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. SubmarineKnight

SubmarineKnight Starship Captain

Hi, I am new to mods. When I want to update the mod to the latest version, do I need to rename the .pak file? Or do I just delete the old one and install the new version?

20. NeoVanAlemania

@carlucci: I watched the video but I have absolutely no idea what's your problem...

@SubmarineKnight: You have to delete the old pak file.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017