1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

yikes. sorry about that. the file i'd been using had been working just fine so I assumed it'd been fine. my bad.

2. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

Hey no problem. Just add the file to your mod and all will be fine. ;)

3. rare_candy_bracelet

Done! So are we good or should I just send you the whole thing?

4. NeoVanAlemania

You just have to update your mod, with the _metadata file included. After that I'll download your mod and check it for the Enhanced Storage update. ;)

5. NeoVanAlemania

@rare_candy_bracelet: I downloaded the current state of your mod and yeah, the required _metadata file is still not there?
    After that I downloaded the Steam Workshop version, there is the required file.

I noticed something strange, your Steam Workshop version is not packed in the *.pak format, there are blank folders and files. Normally steam automatically turns uploaded mods in the pak file format.

6. rare_candy_bracelet

seriously? ugh. I'm running everything through my mac so that might be why. I already have to jump through extra hoops just to upload it. I'm sorry for the extra headache.

7. NeoVanAlemania

Haha I thought you are using a Mac, because of the .DS_Store files all over the place. The steam upload issue is not really a problem, I only wondered why there are blank folders and files in the workshop folder. Please let me know when you update your mod in the forums with the required file.

8. rare_candy_bracelet

Goodness, the workshop can be a hot mess. Well I just updated on the forums, so please, have at it!

9. NeoVanAlemania

Yep, now the file is there. With the next update of Enhanced Storage your mod will be supported. :)

10. rare_candy_bracelet

thank you so much! I'll be looking forward to it!

11. rosennetyle

rosennetyle Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I just recently downloaded this mod and I ran into a sudden glitch. I was putting some things in one of my storage containers (Floran Storage Locker), and with out realizing I had the old versions of some similar chakram weapons in my storage, I quick deposited by mistake the similar weapons into the storage container, and it reverted my enhanced weapons back to their original state. The weapons in question are the neo and saw chakrams. I wonder if this can happen with other enhanced weapons too, but I haven't tried it though because it just happened to me and I haven't gone to enhance anymore weapons yet.

Other than that, this is a wonderful mod! And the extra storage is a blessing to have! Thank you!

12. NeoVanAlemania

Hello! To be honest, I'm not sure what are you talking about exactly. I don't know anything about old versions of weapons...
    Maybe you have an old savegame with your weapons before reverting back to the original state or something?

13. rosennetyle

rosennetyle Void-Bound Voyager

Oh! I don't think it's an old save file issue. I had recently updated my game and made a new character (Getting back into playing starbound) to check out some of the new updates. I made some Chakrams for the fun of to check out an ancient vault before I added on any new mods. Afterwards, having added on this mod, I ran into the glitch unexpectedly. I had upgraded my weapons I had used in the vault before I added on your mod.

As for the glitch, I wanted to double check the glitch and I had gone through an Ancient Vault again to reproduce the glitch again with the upgraded weapons (And with just your mod only in my mod folder). I'll include a couple of pictures to show what happened.

In this picture, I have the upgraded weapons in my travel inventory.

[​IMG]

In this picture, I lost the upgraded Saw Chakram that became a normal Saw Chakram in the auto fill. (Also, I'm not sure if other extra items in the storage led to it, but after putting in the extra items into my travel pack inventory and storage unit, I got the glitch again when doing the auto fill with these two random items. Could also be a random occurrence too?)

[​IMG]

14. NeoVanAlemania

Ah now I know what's your problem. ;)
    I'm trying to explain the problem:

Once the button is pressed the internal script searches for items in the player inventory which can be transferred into the container. The problem is, the script only searches for item names (e.g. chakram), but the data whether a weapon is an upgraded version or not is part of an item parameter, which is saved in the item itself.

In your case it means: The script succesfully found a chakram in your inventory and tries to transfer it in the container. Because the data is in the item parameter the script don't know that your chrakram is an upgraded chakram. And then the script just deletes the upgraded chakram from your inventory and adds a regular chakram to the container. (This is how the script works, items will not be transferred. The script just remove the item from the inventory and add the same in the container)

Unfortunately it is not possible to interact with items and their item parameters (in the script).
    I guess I have to disable weapons for the quick stack feature. In the past I had similar problems with food and other item types.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  15. NeoVanAlemania

I talked with a friend (v6) about that problem and he said that the current unstable build of Starbound fixes an issue with the mod api. I tested the unstable build with some changes to the Enhanced Storage script (v6 is the creator of the base script of the quick stack feature) and yea it works now. Once the unstable turns into stable I'll push an update to fix the issue. Thanks to v6. :)

16. RaiRai The Raichu

RaiRai The Raichu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello,

My friend seems to be having a crash related to this mod when we play multiplayer together. I'm posting it here because I tried removing this mod and the problem seems to be resolved, but this mod's way too handy to go without! I figured that maybe you would be able to offer some insight as to what's causing it.

So it seems to be random when it happens, we were exploring a planet underground and they crashed to the main menu. When they'd reconnect, they'd crash instantly again. Usually the third time they can connect just fine, play for a few more minutes, and it happens again.

This is what they see when the crash occurs:
    "[Error] Exception caught in client main-loop
    (EofException) Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached."

Any idea what could be causing this? I'm hosting the multiplayer server through steam and have yet to have any crashes like this, so I'm not sure what that could mean.

17. NeoVanAlemania

Hi RaiRai,

are you sure that your crash is caused by Enhanced Storage? The error message is not really a typical error for Enhanced Storage, tbh. Maybe it could help if you provide your complete log file with a pastebin link or something.

18. Thom Blair III

Thom Blair III Void-Bound Voyager

I just found a bug with moving filled capture pods into Enhanced Storage containers. I had a Enhanced Storage container with one filled capture pod in it and I had a bunch of filled capture pods in my inventory. When I clicked the "take all from my inventory" button on the storage container, it took all of the filled capture pods from my inventory, but turned all of the animals in them into the animal that was in the original one pod in the container. If that's not clear, I can try to explain it better. I'm not sure this is due to your mod, but I'm not sure who to report it to. What should I do?
    (Btw, your mod is awesome!!)

19. NeoVanAlemania

Hi Thom Blair,

I'm sry about that, its a known issue which comes with the bugged mod api.
    With the upcoming Starbound update, which is currently in unstable, the mod api gets an update. I'll push an update when it hits stable, then it should be fixed.

Thom Blair III likes this.
  20. RaiRai The Raichu

RaiRai The Raichu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, it's most likely coincidence that removing this mod resolved the crash because it does work on my computer just fine, but I was wondering if it was something related, like a client-only issue in multiplayer or some kind of incompatibility so I thought I'd just ask.

As for the full log, here it is. You can see it repeats a few times because it happened quite often, within a span of a few minutes.
    https://pastebin.com/ffXNbkL3

Thanks for the quick reply!