1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

I know people who are using both Steambound and Enhanced Storage. So if the new FU version is basically the old Steambound then it should work fine. :)

2. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania updated Enhanced Storage with a new update entry:

Improvements, alteration to Blueprint Boxes

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I think there is a bug in the level indicators, they don't retain their style settings when pulled off the walls, or when the area they are in loads.

I have one of each type in use and they all revert back the default metal style every time I leave the area and come back, even though I set them to a different style before leaving.

4. NeoVanAlemania

Thanks for your report LazerRay. I'm going to look into it and will try to fix this as soon as possible.

5. NeoVanAlemania

6. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I noticed something with the "Craft a Filing Cabinet" quest. The Filing Cabinet isn't available on the appropriate size tab. It's available on the "All" tab, though. Also, Neo seems to still give me a blueprint for it, since the cabinet has a "New" label on its entry. (Also, his dialogue implies the same thing.)

On another note, do you think you can provide support for Avali-specific containers? That is, make them available for crafting ES-style? I like their aesthetics, but making them the regular way is a mite difficult (especially if you're not an Avali).

Anyways, I really like the change. It was surprisingly tedious to have to grind all those blueprints just to get the one I wanted, and the collectible matter is a much smoother approach. Plus I finally have a use for all those extra containers I pick up! Very cool.

7. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Looks like the recent update dropped several containers off the crafting machine's list, tabs 11,12, and 13 (listed as 130, 140, and 180 with the hoarder's extension) are now empty, hopefully that is an easy fix.

I like how the indicators are fixed now, I can tell them apart from the walls, and also I don't have to be hunting for the random blueprint boxes anymore (that was annoying when trying to get certain containers).

8. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

I have a suggestion, maybe could you add a "barrel-sized" liquid storage? I really like those liquid storages, but sometimes I find them too large.

9. NeoVanAlemania

@Mooncalf99, @LazerRay: Thanks for your feedback and your reports, thanks! I'll try to fix this as soon as possible. I guess Mooncalf99 is using the hoarder addon too? Seems its an issue with the addon.

Regarding your suggestion, Mooncalf99, the Storage Matrix is intended to craft vanilla containers, not the ones from other mods. Why? I didn't want to destroy the way of getting a container from a mod.

@OzonSF: Thank you too for your suggestion! I guess you mean the amount of slots is too large sometimes?

10. NeoVanAlemania

11. NeoVanAlemania

I pushed a minor update which should fix the issue with missing recipes for the Storage Matrix. The version number of the main mod is still 4.91, I just re-uploaded the release.

12. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

I mean the size, even the smaller one can be large if I am going to put it in determinate place, and for these situations I think a even smaller one, with the size of a barrel would be better. Thank you for your response and sorry if I didn't make clear enough, that's because english is not my first language. :)

13. NeoVanAlemania

I did a quick test with a smaller one, the result is two smaller ones... http://prntscr.com/e6s9in
    What do you think?

But for the smaller ones I would decrease the slot count to e.g. 16 and 9 to hold it balanced to the other tanks, no?
    I mean, if the player wants such tiny tanks with more slots he could use the Storage Manipulator to increase the slot count.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    KateisLost and OzonSF like this.
  14. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome! Sure these will have less slots to be balanced. I really liked them :3

15. NeoVanAlemania

I'm currently working on some other stuff for the next update. I'll add the new tanks to the next update, but you have to wait a few days.

16. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think this has already been asked, but what's the item name of storage matter? Thanks in advance

17. NeoVanAlemania

/spawnitem enhancedstoragematerial

18. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania updated Enhanced Storage with a new update entry:

New Liquid Tanks, new sorting options and more

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

So, if I have my own mod (currently unreleased) with storage containers, and I want to make them compatible with Enhanced Storage, including the Storage Manipulator... how do I go about doing that?

I mean, it seems like it might be a case of adding the right attributes to the container, and adding the container to supportedcontainers.config with a patch... but I have no idea how to format the patch to add a value like that. Just... not computing in my brain.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  20. NeoVanAlemania

You have to add the "enhancedstorage.lua" to the scripts of your containers and don't forget to add "smashOnBreak" : true as well.
    For the patch file you can use this website to generate the code: http://chbrown.github.io/rfc6902/
    Note: just put the original code of the file in the input field and the new code in the input field.