1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback engineer is overpowered

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LALM, Jul 27, 2016.

1. LALM

LALM Tentacle Wrangler

i can go to praticly the other side of the universe with only 26 fuel. i think this needs a Nerf.

WraitheDX likes this.
  2. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

That seems really good

3. LALM

LALM Tentacle Wrangler

I know! its So good! but its too good.

Zinerith likes this.
  4. ZeeHero

ZeeHero Pangalactic Porcupine

Not sure what this is about, what engineer, is this some kind of crew member who improves fuel efficiency?

5. LALM

LALM Tentacle Wrangler

yes.

6. ZeeHero

Yeah it would make sense if he improved fuel efficiency by anywhere from 20-50% but THAT much doesn't make sense.

7. LALM

LALM Tentacle Wrangler

he basically permanently increases the fuel efficiency by 10% whenever he does it. and it seems to have no cap.

8. ZeeHero

[​IMG]

Like this?

9. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

I really need to check on that, as I have 2 engineers, lol.

10. LALM

LALM Tentacle Wrangler

i quess

11. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

Indeed. I believe they need to implement a cap, where the fuel efficiency can only go up to a certain number depending on how big your ship is. So, for instance, there is a base cap at 50% more, and it goes up by 50% every upgrade. If that seems too little when implemented, make it 100%. When it is capped, the engineer simply says "If the ship was bigger I probably could improve the fuel efficiency more." and something similar with the mechanic.

NuclearPicklenomaly likes this.
  12. resistentialist

resistentialist Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not sure my ship even uses fuel anymore. I've been at 5770 out of an ever increasing number (currently 12400) for as long as I can remember.

Zinerith likes this.
  13. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

My ship doesn't use fuel anymore. It uses the tears of my engineer.

14. EdmundDuke

EdmundDuke Tentacle Wrangler

Yep, I don't need any fuel anymore. Been at 1248 (The second time I'd ever gotten fuel.) For a long time now, even flew from 999999 coords to 1. Not a single change. Haha.

15. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

Yes, they are overpowered...and I love it! I can now travel to the farthest reaches of the universe with only 1 fuel!

Maybe...I dunno...make it only 1% efficiency gain each time. It still might be overpowered, but it will be a slower overpowering.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  16. Valkyrie_pl

Valkyrie_pl Big Damn Hero

My navigation doesn't even bother to tell me how much a trip will cost, there is no fuel cost when I fly. Not "0", just... nothing. It's not there.

Mistwood, Sh4dowWalker96 and Zinerith like this.
  17. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Maybe make it so thats its 10% per engineer instead of 10% over and over again. (Or if you realy want the option of free travel, make it so having the full crew be engineers just barely hits the no fuel cost).

18. ZeeHero

What about implementing a cap on how many upgrades you can have and charging resources for each upgrade?

Zinerith likes this.
  19. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

Huh, I like it. Your ship crew members can give you quests specific to their job to help them do their thing. Probably collection quests or something.

20. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

who cares its a sandbox game, 10 fuel 1000 fuel thats just a few seconds hold click on a moon anyways.

from all the thinsg unbalanced and problematic this is really the least one I would care about.