End game content question for 1.2

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by RPGAngel, Dec 23, 2016.

1. RPGAngel

RPGAngel Phantasmal Quasar

Where am I supposed to find the guy for the new end game stuff(the vaults), the one that gives the quest for it? I know he is supposed to be on the Outpost after beating the game but I can't find him. I did beat the game and I am on unstable nightly 1.2.1.

Also, I have a question about mods. I haven't been able to use them since they updated how they are used. i don't know how to get them to work anymore(I am terrible with complicated computer stuff like modding). I was okay when all i had to do was put a folder into another folder but now i don't know what to do. Could anyone help me with that?

2. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

pretty sure it's the Treasured Trophies guy that starts to sell that stuff

3. RPGAngel

I just tried talking to him but all I get is his store list, nothing else.

4. RPGAngel

Sorry I had this in the wrong place, wasn't sure where to put it. Thanks for putting it in the right place.

5. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

It should be a guy, in robes, on the balcony attached to the room opposite of Eliott (the tech scientist).

Look on the balcony overlooking the Penguin Bay.

As for mods, you'll have to be specific about what is troubling you.

Mods are still drag-and-drop into the mods folder, that much has not changed.

You might be referring to Steam Workshop, (depending on how long of a break you took from the game) but that is only optional.

6. RPGAngel

Found him, thanks! Can't believe I missed him being there. Guess I haven't been to that spot since the ore trader was removed from there.

As far as the mods go, has the way they work changed? I know sometimes just putting them in the folder doesn't work anymore. I've tried both the zipped folder and the unzipped folder. I haven't tried the steam workshop yet. I miss when it was simply just putting the zipped folder in there.

7. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

It's good you found him,
    but try to avoid double-posting ^-^

8. Inf_Wolf14

Sorry on the late response.
    Mod installation has remained the same for many years.
    There are two procedures in manual installation:

1.) Drop the .pak file for the mod (if that's the file you downloaded) into the "/mods" directory.
    2.) Place the root folder of a mod into "/mods". (The root is the folder containing all of the several folders as well as the player.config.patch if it exists.)

In both cases, if you download an archive, (.7z, .rar, .zip) you must extract either the file or folder and install that.
    Avoid having folders inside more folders. That's where things get messed up. You'll only want one folder per mod contents.

I'm pretty sure youve never been able to install and use archives... At least in my memory.

9. QuadX

QuadX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My only question is where do I find the ancient gateways to get to the bosses and vaults?

10. Inf_Wolf14

1. Receive Gateway keys from the merchant at the Outpost. (Located on balcony adjacent to room across the stairwell next to tech scientist.)
    2. Take keys to Ancient Gateways found in solar systems found randomly amongst the universe. (The Gateways which USED to be how you visited the Outpost in the early days.)