1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Encountering Teleporting NPC

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheLiberator, Mar 9, 2017.

1. TheLiberator

TheLiberator Intergalactic Tourist

I encountered one in the wilds has it was teleporting. Playing single player. Maybe an adventurer? Has anyone encountered one before as well?

windows 8.1
    coordinates:
    Terpsichore Expanse II
    Moon orbiting Gas Giant
    Snow biome

Notable Things:
    Human researcher west of landing site.
    Small underground Hylolt village.
    Mini sewer dungeon just west of landing site.
    Just before reaching researcher a lone glitch braving the frontier. Joined as a medic.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Was it just a random NPC, specifically a merchant? They teleport in and out all the time.

3. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

FrackinUniverse? Special NPC Adding mods? Changers of the full universe mods?

4. Monkus

Monkus Yeah, You!

This just happened to me in the middle of the desert. No teleporter pad around. No nothing. The second I saw the dude he just went and beamed up. Couldn't even see what the NPC looked like. (Single player game, 1.3.3) Could it be some kinda easter egg? I'll be damned if this is possibly some interesting event that no one's even found out. That's the problem with playing Starbound: Too few folks talk about this game that I always have a doozie of a time finding info online.

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I've seen this happen before. It was probably just a random merchant. They teleport away after a while, and sometimes you'll get unlucky and see them teleport away as you approach.

6. Monkus

Monkus Yeah, You!

That makes perfect sense. Secretly wished it was something exciting tho.