1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

Do you have a metadata (no file extension) file in your custom mod's folder? I believe the game needs one in order to see your mod folder as a custom asset source. You can copy and paste the _metadata file from Elithian Races and simply edit its content to suit your needs.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  2. cin979

cin979 Void-Bound Voyager

Well I got it too work, as it turns out, I needed to place that "priority" command in my _metadata file for it to load properly

Thanks for being so helpful with me and helping me take my first steps in modding. And maybe later, I'll be asking for permission to upload a full colour patch, who knows.

Anyway, thanks for being awesome and helping me along.

Roskii Heiral and Aegonian like this.
  3. GriffenLeo

GriffenLeo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could we have some blocks like the regular avikan panel but made with dranite instead of kavanite? also I'd like to know more details on how to obtain the avikan space station, is it the same as the vanilla one?

4. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

Was an Avikan-specific custom space station added? I've only seen people customizing the regular space stations with Avikan background panels.

5. Aegonian

There's no Avikan spaceship yet, but one might be added in the future. It's possible to use admin commands to remove tile protection (/settileprotection 0 false) and manually replace the hull with Avikan tiles, which you might have seen in other people's builds.

As for the dranite tiles, I'll look into that. Remember that you can already paint the sand-coloured Avikan tiles so they appear black, which is basically what the dranite variant would look like.

6. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Would you please consider at least putting a flashlight or something as a secondary ability on the majority of the avikan 2-handed ranged weaponry?

I've lost count of a number of times I right-clicked and was disappointed to find that the line rifle or similar weapons do nothing as an alternate fire, even though only by hovering over the weapon I already knew it could do nothing but its primary fire. The avikan hunting spears are great examples as to what unique alternates you could give to your weapons, perhaps a grenade lobbing ability or something similar.

7. Aegonian

Adding secondary abilities to more Avikan and Unique weapons is on my TO-DO list, though I'm not yet sure when the changes will be implemented. Until one of the last few updates (in which I changed some of the code behind charged weapons), secondary abilities didn't work on any of the charged weapons, hence why so few of them have secondary abilities right now.

8. royal_fish

royal_fish Phantasmal Quasar

A random NPC wants me to craft him Monster Leather for a quest. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do until I traced it back to the Avikan race. I am not playing as an Avikan; is there no way for me to craft this item? If not, why is a non-Avikan receiving this random quest?

9. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

You can get monster leather from drops using Avikan hunting gear, IIRC.
    Also, you can get the Avikan crafting guide from a quest in the Starfarer's Refuge, if need be

10. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

Do you already have all the races details or are you creating some of them, because if you need any help with lore or ideas I can help if you want.

11. Aegonian

Monster Leather is actually crafted at the Avikan Tanning Rack, and requires one piece of Monster Hide. Monster Hide is dropped by almost any non-robotic monster, so long as the killing blow was inflicted with an Avikan hunting weapon (which you can identify by the small icon of a hunting spear where the elemental type would normally be).

And don't worry! I designed the mod with people playing as other races in mind, so it's possible for any character to unlock the required crafting recipes. You'll need to find any large Avikan settlement - which spawn regularly on desert and savannah planets - and locate the teleporter there. That teleporter will take you to the Starfarer's Refuge (the Avikan version of the outpost), where one of the NPCs will offer you a quest called "Avikan Crafting Techniques". Completing that quest will give you an Avikan Crafting Guide, which will unlock almost every Avikan crafting recipe.

The quest will ask you to gather special materials from four new monster added by this mod. You can find all of them on desert planets, in the new sub-biome that's full of quicksand, and you can use any weapon to kill them (although vanilla hunting weapons, such as the bow, increase the odds of the monster dropping their special materials). Note that you may have to visit a few instances of these biomes before you find every monster, since the spawn chances are high but not 100%. If you are using Frackin' Universe, your odds of finding the biome will unfortunately decrease, since that mod adds a lot of new sub-biomes to the vanilla planets.

As for why a non-Avikan NPC asked for Monster Leather in their quest, it's a result of how the procedural quests are generated. They randomly choose which item to craft from a preset list, and splitting the Avikan items from the vanilla list would require a lot of tedious work (as well as drastically reduce the variety of quests available to Avikan NPCs)...

12. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Can't wait for the eventual Notix, I do hope they'll have the different sub body types like the giant and the Notix'Avai. Always wanted a race that had crystals in their physiology.

13. royal_fish

royal_fish Phantasmal Quasar

Gotcha. I have encountered an Avikan Village and looted some monster hide, but I'm wondering, are all desert planets Avikan specific and populated by sand worms, those purple scorprions, etc. now?

14. Aegonian

Starbound is pretty limited in terms of what you can achieve with body sprites, but I might be able to use the gender to add some more variety (since I believe Notix are monogender). It will only be able to affect the head and body/leg shape (the arms aren't affected by gender), so there can't be any significant height difference... I'll have to consult with the creator of the Notix on this though, since some of the lore behind the Notix and their subspecies is getting rewritten.

There will still be desert planets without any Avikan content on them, but you'll find at least some Avikan content on most desert planets now. The Avikan settlements have very high spawn rates on desert planets to combat the amount of vanilla dungeons that can spawn on desert planets, but they aren't a guaranteed find. The new monsters will only spawn in the new sub-biome (not in the regular desert biome), which has a 33% chance of spawning if no other mods add new desert sub-biomes. It's possible for multiple sub-biomes to spawn on a single desert planet, though, so you'll probably find it on about half of the desert planets you visit.

15. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

its one thing i have wondered about for a while. i checked out the elithian alliance forums, and there it was lots of talk about a spore rp or Something, so i Wonder how do you make stories and this in spore? and is it a Place i could read these stories?

16. Aegonian

The Elithian Alliance roleplay started on the Sporum - the official Spore forums - before we moved to our own forums. You can actually check out the old Sporum thread here if you'd like to read through it. Do note that a lot of the lore is outdated now, since the roleplay started well over seven years ago now. The roleplay continued on the independant Elithian Alliance forums here, and after the original roleplay was finished, we did a new (unfortunately short-lived) roleplay here. There are plans to revive the roleplay again soon, and we are accepting new members! If you're interested in the new roleplay, or just want to know more about the lore behind the Elithian Alliance, you can join our Discord server!

17. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I cannot take the avikan seriously anymore.

Rhadeis is just too close to radish. The avikan now praise and worship a vegetable.:catlol:

GriffenLeo and Toa_Derax like this.
  18. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

This has probably already been asked before, but are there any plans to put the centensians into the game?

I see a silhouette of one character on the main page that looks like the guy you see as a statue in some ruins and on starfarer's refuge but I'm not sure about it.

Also, could a relatively rare "sand sea" planet type be added some time in the future? Basically like ocean planets but the water is quicksand, for hunting and easy finding of avikan settlement purposes.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  19. Aegonian

Yeah, I plan on implementing the Centens later down the line! They'll actually be a playable species too, although they won't have any settlements (since there are only a handful of Centens still known to reside in the galaxy).

And I like the idea of a sand sea planet! I'll add it to the TO-DO list. I actually had plans for implementing a type of sand glider for the Avikan - basically a small ship/boat-like construct that can glide over loose sand and quicksand - which would be perfect for this new planet type.

Umbra420 likes this.
  20. Victorio_bb

Victorio_bb Void-Bound Voyager

Will the Centens have city ruins or dungeons?