1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Hint, hint

2. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

If all goes as planned, you'll get to play as the Theleans later down the line!

Starbound is relatively easy to mod, although it'll take quite a bit of time and effort to get a race mod working. If you do want to get into modding, I'd recommend starting with some custom weapons or objects to familiarize yourself with how JSON config files work, and to get an idea of how to sprite, before doing the sprites for a new race (those can be quite intimidating at first). The best strategy for learning how to mod the game is to download and unpack a bunch of mods you like, and look at the files for those mods. It'll tell you a lot about how everything works!

The Trink will share an outpost with the majority of remaining races, instead of having an outpost of their own. Unlike the Avikan Nomada, the Trink Circuit is a member state of the Elithian Alliance, and so they'll share a lot of things with the other Alliance races (including the Alliance outpost, future story quests and more). I hope to include the first version of the Alliance Embassy in the next big update (the one that adds the next race), but I'm not yet sure if it'll be done in time.

3. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

something i thougt about. would it be possible to make a avikan mech weapons that creates friendly drahl / drahlids that circles around like the turrets from the turret mech arm? that would be cool. and maybe make it possible to buy drahl/drahlids to portect Your base like the small white robots sometimes found in apex structures
    PLZ

4. Aegonian

I've yet to start working on them, but Drahl-deploying mech arms are on the TO-DO list already! I'll look into the second suggestion: you can already capture Drahls in capture pods and place them in a pet tether, so I'm not sure if purchasable Drahl are needed.

5. <//Cyb3r_R4t>

<//Cyb3r_R4t> Subatomic Cosmonaut

an armor idea i had was face and body paint for the avikian, given that they are hunters it seems a giveen, the reason i ask that it be clothing rather than a character customization is A, so that its dye-able and B, so i can apply it to crew members.

6. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

With the Skoff planned to eventually be implemented, might I suggest taking a gander at this recently-added mod on the Workshop? It might give ideas for how to implement it, or other racial air vehicles.

7. Aegonian

I like that idea! I'm adding it to the TO-DO list.

Oh, that looks pretty good! I'll have a look at how it works when I start writing the code for the Skoff (and the other flying vehicles I have planned).

AlbertoRota likes this.
  8. DinoExplorer2000

ive tested that mod, its like the mech crafting, just less Components. and you use small guns not mech guns. and rather simple changing the looks and different styles of the ship. maybe you can make some vehicle styles for use With the mod. or just make Your own crafting/modifying/repair bench for theses small ships

9. GriffenLeo

GriffenLeo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been trying to find the way to make the avikan space station but I cant seem to find it like I can just the regular one. Does anyone know how to get it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  10. DinoExplorer2000

to make a Space station you have to find a Space station thats orbiting a star. inside one of the stations arms (usually one of the upper ones) is it a npc that will give you a quest to get a station transponder. the transponder creates the Space station. Complete the mission and use the transponder in Your ship and then you will be able to Place a Space station in the star system Your currently in

11. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

A freezing weapon could work, but the healing part doesn't. Circuitry may not be able to overheat in the cold, but it slows down the circuit and can shut down circuitry and electronics. If there was some nanite component then yes, mini trinks healing normal and megatrinks.

12. <//Cyb3r_R4t>

<//Cyb3r_R4t> Subatomic Cosmonaut

yay, he added the idea
    this is gonna be awsome

13. GriffenLeo

GriffenLeo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is it possible to get a list of objects that cannot be built along with their corresponding spawnitem codes? thanks!

14. Aegonian

I'll see if I can write up a list sometime, but it would take quite some time to collect all of the IDs as they aren't all located in a single folder, but rather spread throughout the various object folders. I'd be happy to provide IDs for specific objects though, since I can quickly and easily look those up. Alternatively, you could also go look the files yourself - the .zip you can download here is already unpacked, so you you don't even have to manually unpack them with the unpacker tool.

AlbertoRota and SivCorp like this.
  15. DinoExplorer2000

how do i look for ids through the folder?

16. Aegonian

When you open the 'avikan' folder, you should see a bunch of sub-folders with reasonably self-explanatory names (objects, items, vehicles etc). If you need the ID of a specific object, you look for it in the objects folder, and the same goes for item (which include weapons) etc. As an example, if you were to try and find the ID for one of the large banners in the Starfarer's Refuge, you'd go to /objects/avikan/outpost, and scroll down until you find the 'avikantapestryvanguard' folder. Inside you'll find a file called avikantapestryvanguard.object (the file extension might be hidden on your pc). You can open the file using any text editor, but I prefer using Notepad++. At the top of the file you'll find a line that says this:

Code:
    "objectName" : "avikantapestryvanguard"
    That line will tell you that the spawnID for this particular object is "avikantapestryvanguard". In general, the object and file names match, so you usually don't have to open the file, but this isn't always the case.

In general, the folder structure is pretty self-explanatory: if you need an object from the Refuge, head to /objects/avikan/outpost, if you need an object that's found in a tent village, go to /objects/avikan/tentobjects or /objects/avikan/tentparts etc.. The same goes for weapons, but you should note that weapons, shield and other usable items are found inside the /items/active folder. Unique weapons, for example, are found in /items/active/weapons/ranged/unique, and Trinkian weapons are located in /items/active/weapons/ranged/trink (for melee weapons, you'll obviously need the melee folder instead).

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  17. DinoExplorer2000

18. DinoExplorer2000

someone knows how to spawn a friendly avikan drahl? ive had the command before but i forgot it. someone plz tell me

19. Aegonian

I think this is the post you were looking for!

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  20. DinoExplorer2000