1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Gearzoid II

Gearzoid II Big Damn Hero

Ok, i'll see if it works :).

2. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

I doubt there'll be any issues - I'm not seeing anything in the changelog that I think will have an effect on the mod - but let me know if you find anything! Chucklefish has omitted small details from their changelogs before, and those small changes can still cause issues.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  3. Gearzoid II

Yeah, I played for 3 hours or so working on my Avikan space station and didn't have any problems :).

4. Virdex_

Virdex_ Void-Bound Voyager

I already updated, no issues

Edit: Ninja'd

Almond Rex likes this.
  5. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

Avikan water containers actually being able to store water is neat, but the with-water version is kind of off compared to actual water.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] This is the old one, for reference.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  6. Gearzoid II

I have another bug to report. It is a bug with the description for Avikan irrigation systems that describes an Avikan table instead. [​IMG]

7. Aegonian

This is actually due to the image now having multiple layers, and the container's glass rendering in front of the water. I'll see if I can tune down the opacity of the glass a bit, since the new colour of water behind glass does look a bit worse than the old sprites.

Yeah, noticed that one myself too. It'll get fixed in the next update!

Gearzoid II likes this.
  8. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I hope I'm not too much of a bother but I've noticed some other races that might come in the future as silhouettes, any hints as to what/who they are? Or are they inspired and/or drawn from some source piece of fiction I'm unaware off and thus would only need to look up information about the races there?

9. Gearzoid II

Alrighty, my space station is coming closer to being finished. Because it can't fit in one image anymore here are two.
    [​IMG]
    Bottom half.
    [​IMG]
    Upper half.
    There is still a few more things I will add including a large core with a desert mini-biome in it, and of course more details. And it is still a bit dark in some areas so I will add more lighting later as well. I have been using a light III augment so I didn't notice those dark spots right away.

The T-junction rooms are an Armory/Weapons room, Spa/Relaxation area, Kitchen and Bedroom. There is a switch that turns off the lights in the bedroom. There are also alarms in the hallways that can be activated by a switch in the teleporter room.

I know I could have used T-junctions at each end instead of cross sections, but I did not know that the docking bay would get in the way of putting a top T-junction on the bottom, and to make it equal I decided not to make a bottom T-junction on the upper half.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  10. Aegonian

Looks awesome! There's some really good use of background tiles in this - the way you use the new sloped tiles adds a lot of detail without making the background feel cluttered. Can't wait to see the final version of the station!

All of the current and future races were originally created as part of an online roleplay called 'the Elithian Alliance' (hence the name 'Elithian Races'). Some of these races were previously built in Spore too (a game in which you could create your own creatures, buildings, vehicles etc), though the Avikan were one of the later additions to the roleplay, and so never got a Spore creation of their own. You can find a lot of information on the current and future races on the Elithian Alliance forums, including information on their biology, culture, military etc, as well as the entire roleplay story (there's a few hundred pages spread across two forums, so it's quite a read :p). Do keep in mind that the forum itself is mostly dead - it exists as a place to look up old lore, but it isn't actively used any longer. If you'd like to know more about the lore, you can also join the Elithian Discord server - it has a channel entirely dedicated to talking about the lore behind these races.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  11. Slugbait

Slugbait Aquatic Astronaut

Would there be any way to change the look of the mannequin preview when crafting Avikan and Droden armour? It just looks a bit weird with a humanoid mannequin.

12. Aegonian

The one in the inventory menu? Unfortunately, I haven't found any way to alter it for specific races - I might be able to replace it for all races, but I don't think it's possible to change it according to the actual player's race since the inventory doesn't accept custom scripts.

Slugbait likes this.
  13. Noranum

Noranum Phantasmal Quasar

You are my hero! Thank you so much for all your work <3

Aegonian likes this.
  14. Gearzoid II

Finished adding a new part to the station; an elevator shaft that leads to a desert bio-dome with a Rhaiod tent inside.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Top: The elevator shaft with a rail tram that took me awhile to figure out :p.
    Bottom: The bio-dome.

It's not the final product, as I may add more details and decoration. And of course I forgot to take the picture with expansion slots turned off ^.^.

15. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Any hints as to which race you might add to the list of playables next?

16. Noranum

Noranum Phantasmal Quasar

I think it's Aegi. There's a 'new' diplomat in Starfarer's, and Aegi are the only one to got a full set of ship assets.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  17. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

The full post is on page 53

18. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm just waiting for getting revenge on the Thell. And of course finding more lore (codexes). Vas Vhaleih

19. Stafath

Stafath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod is still one of the greatest mods in my must-have mod list for Starbound.
    Everything else in the new/current version of Starbound somewhat still leave much to be desired but at least with this mod and a few others make the underwhelming lackluster be filled by a new set of lore and species that are IMHO much more interesting, I mean already the mod has vastly different variety of playable alien races from Avikan, Droden to Trinks and what they all have in common is that none have clothing that fit as each species has clothing and armor pieces crafted for their own unique bodies. That is what I call realistic, the universe is filled with planets that have different variables from starlight to gravity, rotations, day/night cycles, atmospheres and of course time, life, flora, fauna, evolution and many other factors which make it impossible to have a same type of sentient life to evolve, just like how stars and planets are different, so is all flora and fauna in general aka the RNG of real life.

Loving the look and shape of that one close-canopy angular mech body, thought it was a default mech body at first but looked into the files and found it to be part of this mod actually which is awesome. I like that central mech part the most as it makes my mech configuration look like an Avikan version of the Warhammer 40k's Dreadnought tomb-mech unit.

The Null-Drive Vector is still my favorite two-handed long range weapon, glad it still is, don't mind the short delay before it shoots. Liking the clothing and armor polishes too with more form-fitting types of gear to wear, though I stick with the bulky captain's torso, one of the high-tier belt-skirt piece and the Avikan astronaut helmet, all three are in my vanity clothing slots with real protection being an invisible forcefield super shield for all three main slots to give my character immunity from many sources of damage.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Aegonian likes this.
  20. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

I was to ask, how did the Droden lose against the Avikan during the Droden Rebellion? Robots created for war and killing, lose against their creators who are too lazy to fight the Thelean threat themselves? Was it it because Theleans could've been attacking Droden from one side, and Avikan from another?